Just checked out today and we absolutely loved Lough Erne. They have got everything exactly right. We stayed in a phenomenal suite (Richard something suite? Can't quite remember, number 208/206) Everything from the decor to cleanliness and comfort are 5 star plus. The view of the lake and golf course was super and there was even a pair of binoculars in the room. Such a nice touch. The staff were superb. From the get go you just know that everyone involved in every position is at the top of their game. Gerry helped us with our bags, such a friendly and attentive man, who gave us lots of info as we made our way up to the room. We then went down to the most detailed and incredible afternoon tea we've had to date where Nuala took great care of us and gave us a load of info on Enniskillen and some literature which really helped. The Catalina restaurant was lovely, the food was delicious and the wine list extensive. Matthew and the rest of the reception staff were great too, ready to assist with directions and parking tips for Enniskillen.
We loved it so much that we bought a voucher for my parents in law to come up to see for themselves. I'm literary only back and I'm scoping out when I can get back up there myself. We were just there for one night so I didn't get a chance to check out the spa, so that's on my hit list for the next time along with getting out on that golf course. Really incredible experience, check it out you won't be disappointed.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Lough Erne Resort, Enniskillen, Co. Fermanagh, host venue to the G 8 Summit 2013 is the first AA and NITB Five Star Hotel in Northern Ireland and was awarded 'Best Hotel' at the 2011 Northern Ireland Tourism Awards. In 2010, it was awarded ‘Golf Resort of The Year’ by the Irish Golf Tour Operators Association. The Resort is the ultimate expression in old world heritage and new world luxury, set on its very own 600 acre peninsula, between Castle Hume Lough and Lower Lough Erne, just outside Enniskillen, with stunning panoramic views from almost every vantage point. This unique luxury Fermanagh hotel’s facilities include: •120 luxury Rooms and Suites•Two Championship Golf Courses including The Faldo Course, a Golf World & Golf Monthly Top 20 Course (UK & Ireland) and the Championship Castle Hume Course•Rory McIlroy has been its Touring Professional representing The Resort around the World•The Golf Academy, a state of the art Practice and Tuition centre•Authentic Thai Spa, with Thai Therapists using Thai Products and techniques•A variety of innovative Dining Experiences with menus composed by Award winning Chef, Noel McMeel. Including: The Catalina Restaurant, The Blaney Bar with an Exclusive collection of 101 Irish Whiskies; The Loughside Bar & Grill, a variety of Afternoon Teas in The Garden Hall and The Halfway House located behind the 9th Green of The Faldo Championship Course•6 Conference & Meeting Rooms•Cygnets The 'BIG' Experience for our younger guests (0-11 years)•One of Ireland’s most romantic Wedding Venues. All this combined with warm, friendly and attentive service make Lough Erne Resort one of the world’s most magical destinations. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Expedia, TravelUp, Hotels.com, Agoda, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, Ebookers, Cancelon and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Lough Erne Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lough Erne Hotel Enniskillen
- Lough Erne Enniskillen
- Lough Erne Resort Enniskillen, County Fermanagh