We stayed in one of the the loughside lodge suite for a family wedding . These have 2 very luxurious bedrooms, 2 bathrooms with roll top baths and showers and a living area with full kitchen. The furnishing were sumptuous and the whole resort was beautiful. We has a great view and from the comfort of our room we were able to watch the wedding party having their photographs taken down by the lough. Staff on reception were professional but could have been a bit more proactive as we had to ask for directions to the lodge as it's a few minutes away from the main hotel. Also they did not advise us how to access wi- fi. Minor points but not what you would expect in a five star hotel. Breakfast was served in the golf house and was plentiful and very tasty. It would have been nice to have been allowed to have breakfast in the main hotel with other family members who were staying in the hotel rooms.The wedding banquet was one of the best we have had and the dining room opened out into a lovely patio area. The lodges are expensive but nice to treat yourself for a special occasion.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Lough Erne Resort, Enniskillen, Co. Fermanagh, host venue to the G 8 Summit 2013 is the first AA and NITB Five Star Hotel in Northern Ireland and was awarded 'Best Hotel' at the 2011 Northern Ireland Tourism Awards. In 2010, it was awarded ‘Golf Resort of The Year’ by the Irish Golf Tour Operators Association. The Resort is the ultimate expression in old world heritage and new world luxury, set on its very own 600 acre peninsula, between Castle Hume Lough and Lower Lough Erne, just outside Enniskillen, with stunning panoramic views from almost every vantage point. This unique luxury Fermanagh hotel’s facilities include: •120 luxury Rooms and Suites•Two Championship Golf Courses including The Faldo Course, a Golf World & Golf Monthly Top 20 Course (UK & Ireland) and the Championship Castle Hume Course•Rory McIlroy has been its Touring Professional representing The Resort around the World•The Golf Academy, a state of the art Practice and Tuition centre•Authentic Thai Spa, with Thai Therapists using Thai Products and techniques•A variety of innovative Dining Experiences with menus composed by Award winning Chef, Noel McMeel. Including: The Catalina Restaurant, The Blaney Bar with an Exclusive collection of 101 Irish Whiskies; The Loughside Bar & Grill, a variety of Afternoon Teas in The Garden Hall and The Halfway House located behind the 9th Green of The Faldo Championship Course•6 Conference & Meeting Rooms•Cygnets The 'BIG' Experience for our younger guests (0-11 years)•One of Ireland’s most romantic Wedding Venues. All this combined with warm, friendly and attentive service make Lough Erne Resort one of the world’s most magical destinations. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, TravelUp, Hotels.com, Agoda, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, Ebookers, Cancelon and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Lough Erne Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lough Erne Hotel Enniskillen
- Lough Erne Enniskillen
- Lough Erne Resort Enniskillen, County Fermanagh