Lough Erne Resort
Finn Lough(Enniskillen)
Excellent 5/5
  • Restaurant
Great 4.5/5
Erne A Rest B&B(Derrylin)
Excellent 5/5
    The Valley Hotel(Fivemiletown)
    1,661 results
    All reviewscatalina restaurantgolf courseblaney barthai spalough erneafternoon teabedroom lodgestar hotelnoel mcmeelcourtyard roomfive starround of golfthe main hotelgolf clubcastle humebeautiful hotelsauna and steam room
    FilterAll languages
    Reviewed 26 May 2014 via mobile

Just home from an amazing stay in this beautiful hotel. This is our second time staying here this yr so instead of bookin a room we booked a lodge as we had our 2 daughters with us this time(same price as room). The lodge we got was no.4 White Island Lodge right beside hotel, beautiful lodge, 2bedrooms and 2 bathrooms,kitchen, dining and living room , loved it so much we booked the lodge for our xmas break. Once again the food was amazing as was the service. Can't praise this beautiful hotel enough,well worth every penny we spent and we spent plenty. Lastly we would like to congratulate the 3 chefs on winning chef of the year recently, a fantastic achievement, which comes through in the food that they serve.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
    2  Thank ajm1203
    john0neill, Manager at Lough Erne Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 2 June 2014

Dear ajm 1203,
    Our Loughside Lodges are very popular with families and sleep four to six persons so are ideal for groups attending weddings, family breaks or occasions,golf societies etc. It has indeed been a great year for Noel and his team in the kitchen pickin up numerous awards, with the latest being our sous chef who won Hotel Chef of the Year.

Reviewed 26 May 2014

I dont play golf but this was a conference, and one of the best places I've stayed. Reaching it was easy, from Dublin Airport, straight past Kells, etc, nice drive. Staff were excellent, and the room in the lodge had great views, and great facilities.
    Very soft bed (too soft for me) with feather pillows, but as it was only one night, I let it go, If you are asthmatic, I'm sure reception will help.
    Views were great and if I had chance I sure there were some great walks. Lots of interest for twitchers, golfers, walkers, with Enniskillen very close by.
    Extremely quiet resort with only the occasional 'ping' of a golf ball interrupting the peace.
    Staff were excellent, polite, and remembered your name. Breakfast was OK, but plentiful.
    Would recommend to any company setting up a conference, its nice occasionally to stay in a place like this when the norm is city centres.

Room Tip: Ask for a lodge!
    • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
    1  Thank andi r

Dear andi r,
    Lough Erne Resort has become a popular conferences and meetings venue with a variety of meeting rooms and additional activities avialable on site.As you mention,it is within easy driving distance from Dublin and less than an hour and a half from Belfast.It is 'the getaway from it all ' feel of the resort that appeals to conference organisers.Delighted you enjoyed your recent conference event with us.

Reviewed 22 May 2014

Stayed at the resort on Tue 20 th May and had a wonderful time.. I dont understand some of these petty sad people complaining of their lunchtime chowder not been hot enough ! get a life. This is a world class Hotel and every member of staff we met should be very proud of themselves because they were excellent and couldn`t do enough for my wife and I Terrific standard of service and we will definitely be returnig.. Richard and Ruth Co Roscommon..

Room Tip: we were on second floor. great room..
    • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
    1  Thank richard k

Dear richard k,
    It's gratifying to receive such high praise for the service you encountered during your recent visit and to take time to convey your thoughts is greatly appreciated.We look forward to your next visit and thank you once again for your comments.
    kind regards
    John

Reviewed 21 May 2014

Terrible restaurant. Terrible food and bad service. This was my second visit as I hoped my first one was when the kitchen was having a bad night. But no this second experience as bad as the first. The waitress advised the kitchen had even run out of rice.

• Stayed: May 2014
    7  Thank johnsolv

Dear johnsolv,
    I was disappointed to read your recent review of our restaurant .Upon further investigation,I understand rice was ordered with a particular dish from the Blaney Bar menu and that this dish is normally served with noodles.Rice was not available at this time, as it is not served with
    any other dish on this menu.Apologies for this inconvience and regret that your dining experiences with us,have not been to your liking.

Reviewed 15 May 2014

I recently visited here for a Sunday Lunch while on holiday to see my parents. The staff are second to none, the food was delicious (big portions) and keenly priced. I will be recommending to friends and family.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
    3  Thank Al M

Dear Al M,
    '5 star Sunday Lunch' is a lovely review to receive and thank you for taking to post your review.The Catalina Restaurant is a beautiful venue with views over Castle Hume Lough and lunch is generously priced at £24.50 for three courses.