From the moment we arrived and Neil greeted us and took our suitcases we were treated as 5* guests. At reception we were informed of an upgrade to a deluxe suite which although welcome hasn't influenced this review. When the hotel first opened we stayed in the Nick Faldo suite so we already knew how luxurious the rooms and setting where.
What was different this time was the level of service we received and the quality of the food. To say they have upped their game is an understatement. I would say it was the best level of service we have received in any of the numerous hotels we have stayed in.
Our dinner in the main restaurant was the type of fine dining experience you hope for in a 5* hotel but don't always get. On our first night we dinned in the golf clubhouse just past the entrance into main reception. This also was a great experience. Don't confuse this clubhouse with the one on your right as you drive up to the hotel?
To all the staff I would like to say thank you for making our short stay so memorable.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Lough Erne Resort, Enniskillen, Co. Fermanagh, host venue to the G 8 Summit 2013 is the first AA and NITB Five Star Hotel in Northern Ireland and was awarded 'Best Hotel' at the 2011 Northern Ireland Tourism Awards. In 2010, it was awarded ‘Golf Resort of The Year’ by the Irish Golf Tour Operators Association. The Resort is the ultimate expression in old world heritage and new world luxury, set on its very own 600 acre peninsula, between Castle Hume Lough and Lower Lough Erne, just outside Enniskillen, with stunning panoramic views from almost every vantage point. This unique luxury Fermanagh hotel’s facilities include: •120 luxury Rooms and Suites•Two Championship Golf Courses including The Faldo Course, a Golf World & Golf Monthly Top 20 Course (UK & Ireland) and the Championship Castle Hume Course•Rory McIlroy has been its Touring Professional representing The Resort around the World•The Golf Academy, a state of the art Practice and Tuition centre•Authentic Thai Spa, with Thai Therapists using Thai Products and techniques•A variety of innovative Dining Experiences with menus composed by Award winning Chef, Noel McMeel. Including: The Catalina Restaurant, The Blaney Bar with an Exclusive collection of 101 Irish Whiskies; The Loughside Bar & Grill, a variety of Afternoon Teas in The Garden Hall and The Halfway House located behind the 9th Green of The Faldo Championship Course•6 Conference & Meeting Rooms•Cygnets The 'BIG' Experience for our younger guests (0-11 years)•One of Ireland’s most romantic Wedding Venues. All this combined with warm, friendly and attentive service make Lough Erne Resort one of the world’s most magical destinations. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Odigeo, Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Preferred Hotels, Ebookers, Agoda, Priceline, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Lough Erne Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lough Erne Hotel Enniskillen
- Lough Erne Enniskillen
- Lough Erne Resort Enniskillen, County Fermanagh