The location of the hotel is beautiful overlooking the Lough, nearby Golf Course and surrounding grounds and walkways. It brings out Fermanagh's splendour in all its glory.
I have visited a number of times, most recently for a wedding. Staff are always very professional, well mannered the hotel has the feel of richness and class about it.
There was two noticeable downsides. One was the dirty glasses received from the bar area. Glasses had noticeable stains on them, even when returned the replacement wasn't much better. Its an issue that could probably easily be fixed hence my title about finishing touches.
Second point was the meal itself, it was small. Not the hearty meal I had hoped for. In particular the main course was lacking with a small bit of turkey and even smaller bit of ham. It was something everyone noticed and made comment on not just those at my table. Furthermore and another finishing touch is that no-one came round offering seconds, no extra mash potato, vegetables or meats. No-one is expecting a second meal and most probably wouldn't take seconds even if offered but there are others who would welcome that bit extra.
Considering the price being paid its the least that could be done.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Lough Erne Resort, Enniskillen, Co. Fermanagh, host venue to the G 8 Summit 2013 is the first AA and NITB Five Star Hotel in Northern Ireland and was awarded 'Best Hotel' at the 2011 Northern Ireland Tourism Awards. In 2010, it was awarded ‘Golf Resort of The Year’ by the Irish Golf Tour Operators Association. The Resort is the ultimate expression in old world heritage and new world luxury, set on its very own 600 acre peninsula, between Castle Hume Lough and Lower Lough Erne, just outside Enniskillen, with stunning panoramic views from almost every vantage point. This unique luxury Fermanagh hotel’s facilities include: •120 luxury Rooms and Suites•Two Championship Golf Courses including The Faldo Course, a Golf World & Golf Monthly Top 20 Course (UK & Ireland) and the Championship Castle Hume Course•Rory McIlroy has been its Touring Professional representing The Resort around the World•The Golf Academy, a state of the art Practice and Tuition centre•Authentic Thai Spa, with Thai Therapists using Thai Products and techniques•A variety of innovative Dining Experiences with menus composed by Award winning Chef, Noel McMeel. Including: The Catalina Restaurant, The Blaney Bar with an Exclusive collection of 101 Irish Whiskies; The Loughside Bar & Grill, a variety of Afternoon Teas in The Garden Hall and The Halfway House located behind the 9th Green of The Faldo Championship Course•6 Conference & Meeting Rooms•Cygnets The 'BIG' Experience for our younger guests (0-11 years)•One of Ireland’s most romantic Wedding Venues. All this combined with warm, friendly and attentive service make Lough Erne Resort one of the world’s most magical destinations. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, HotelsClick, Hotels.com and Agoda so you can book your Lough Erne Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lough Erne Hotel Enniskillen
- Lough Erne Enniskillen
- Lough Erne Resort Enniskillen, County Fermanagh