“Excellent food and great service” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #15 of 51 Restaurants in Egham
Price range: US$31 - US$44
Cuisines: Asian, Thai
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Groups, Child-friendly
Description: Egham, one of the most desirable towns of the home counties, a place that demands quality, making it the ideal spot for Eat Thai, a small chain of quality restaurants. Situated on the High Street it’s perfectly situated for a pre-bar meal or a post-shopping refuel, the lively décor and accommodating service giving it the feel of somewhere you can spend a leisurely evening enjoying course after course or just pop in for a quick bite. Whichever you choose you’ll be spoiled by a choice of menus – the Royal Traditional Menu, which features those tried and tested Thai dishes or the Fusion Menu which will no doubt excite the more adventurous palate with new and unusual flavour combinations
London, United Kingdom
“Excellent food and great service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 October 2013

We had some friends flying from Europe to America who stopped off at Heathrow, and one of first things they said was 'can we go to that excellent Thai restaurant we went to last time?' Not bad as they have previously lived in Far East and know good food when they find it. Recommend the shared starter platter, especially if you're not too familiar with Thai cuisine. Evening a la carte menu a little pricey but fine for special occasions, and set menu lunch very tasty and more of a bargain.

• Visited October 2013

London
“A great local Thai restaurant”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 September 2013

Since we moved into Staines a few years back, one of the things we've been missing is a quality local Thai restaurant - and now we've found one.

I don't know how long Eat Thai has been in Egham, but now we've found it, we're committed regulars. Surroundings are chic and inviting and service is unfailingly polite and efficient, but the real selling point is the quality and quantity of the food - both of which are spot on.

Starters are generously portioned and invariably beautifully-cooked - try in particular the sharing platter - but the curries here are the high point, superbly spiced and expertly presented.

The only minor quibbles I would have are on the range of the wine list and the slightly pricey Thai beer, but those are all triflingly small issues - Eat Thai is now a regular treat.

• Visited September 2013
“Mmm yaammy”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 September 2013 via mobile

The best Thai restaurant :) food was delicious presented really nice was yaaaaaaaaaaaasaaaaaaammmnmmmmmmmmmmmmmmyyyyyyyyyy!!!!!!

• Visited September 2013
Uk
“A favourite Thai”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 September 2013

We go here quite often and have done for a long time because the standard of food and service is consistently good. I'd recommend the Massamun curry particularly and I am incapable of eating at the restuarant without ensuring we always have one of these! I'm surprised to see a previous reviewer say the food is dodgy - I've eaten in a lot of Thai restaurants because it's a real favourite in our family and it is good quality food that is perfectly spiced. Try the scallops - their quality is undeniable. I have never been disappointed here but I believe if I were, they would want to resolve that.

Service is very good, and friendly. Take aways are also available. Desserts are not great and we never bother with them but the teas are a lovely way to round off a Thai meal and they do ice cream for those who really must have a sweet treat at the end of their meal!

We take our family with us but I would recommend this restaurant for any of the categories - couples, family, friends, business, solo

• Visited July 2013
Twickenham, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Good value set lunch”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 August 2013

I have been in this restaurant 3 times for business lunches and they always provide good service.
I haven't tried a la carte because I always go for the set lunch but I have to say that it is very good indeed.
Staff are welcoming and they serve you quickly, which is nice if you don't want to be out of the office for a long time. I would definitely recommend this place.

• Visited July 2013