“6 Ladies have a great time in Egham”

Savill Court Hotel & Spa
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Egham
London, United Kingdom
“6 Ladies have a great time in Egham”
Reviewed 26 March 2014

We booked a single night in the Savill Court Hotel in March. We had three twin rooms on a dinner bed and breakfast basis. One room was not suitable and we were immediately allocated another without any fuss. Everything was clean with fresh fruit and chocolate and toiletries in the rooms.
We were given a lovely table at dinner and the food was delicious as was breakfast (good job no one was on a diet!). We were lucky the weather was good as it gave us the opportunity to take the five mile stroll around the beautiful and local Virginia Water - the surrounding flooded area seem to be recovering.
The spa and pool areas were clean and well staffed and again nothing we requested
seemed too much trouble. The building has character and the new addition is a reasonable fit. We would go again.

Room Tip: Lots of rooms have eaves which might feel a little closed in.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank SPF34
ops_Savillcourt, Guest Relations Manager at Savill Court Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 17 April 2014
Dear SPF34
Thank you for your feedback,it was our great pleasure to welcome you to Savill Court. I will be delighted to pass on your thanks to our front of house service , spa and kitchen teams.
Please let me know when you wish to return and I will make a booking for you personally.
Guest Services

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (290)
Reviewed 26 March 2014

Stayed with a friend for a special offer spa weekend ( overnight stay) . The hotel itself is good quality with nice clean rooms . The spa was a little disappointing. There was a swimming pool and a small Jacuzzi but I would not rate this as spa standard. There were spa services such as massages which were nice and relaxing.
Meals were good value for the offer and the service was very good.
There were 2 wedding receptions the weekend we were there so the bar was a little crowded and noisy.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
Dear DRHoney72
Thank you for your feedback and for choosing Savill Court, we will be delighted to pass on your kind comments and we will look forward to welcoming you again soon. Please do contact me and I will make your reservation personally.
Reviewed 10 March 2014

Never tried MacDonald hotels before first time and what an impressive experience it was. Staff,service' facilities, world class food preparation and presentation. All ingredients are noticeable freshly prepared as you have done it in your own kitchen. Lemon sole was to die for!

Stayed Friday and Saturday night rooms are designed so well, bathrooms large with separate shower' very friendly staff waitress named Ranbir was my favorite ;) in the restaurant.
Last 10 years been many different spa hotels at least 20 times and never had great service as this place and spending my Monday evening to write this review hoping for others to have similar satisfaction.
Fabulous walk in the Great Windsor Park added extra joy to our stay strongly recommended.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
4 Thank hakkan34
ops_Savillcourt, Guest Relations Manager at Savill Court Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 13 March 2014
Dear Hakkan34
Thank you very much for your kind feedback, I will be delighted to pass on your comments to our service teams in the kitchen, food and beverage and The Spa team. I will also pass on your appreciation to Ranbir. Please do contact me when you wish to return and I will make your booking personally.
Nairn, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 March 2014

Have stayed in this hotel on a number of occasions, the staff are always very friendly and helpful and the hotel itself is maintained to a high standard.
Recently wireless has been extended throughout the hotel and has been available in all the rooms I have used.
The food is excellent, Pave steak one of my favourites, and of a price to be expected for this sort of hotel but note the 12.5% service charge.
Only minor negative, or could be a positive, is due to the remote location and the substantial structure of the building, phone signal is not great within the hotel.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank David N
Dear David N
Thank you for your feedback, we were delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us. I will be delighted to pass on your feedback to our service teams in the kitchen, housekeeping and food and beverage areas. We will pass on all of your feedback to make further improvements in the future. Please do contact us direct at the hotel when you wish to stay with us again in the fture and I will make a booking for you personally.
Reviewed 24 February 2014

Our son got married at this hotel in 2012 and it was a pleasure to return with all our children AND OUR NEW GRANDSON for another weekend at the Savill Court Hotel and Spa. If anything they have got even better, the staff were more than just courteous. One example would be when we went into the bar area looking for someone, it was rather full with wedding guests for a wedding which was happening that day, as we turned to leave one of the hotel staff thought perhaps we were leaving because we felt there wasn't a place for us and before we got to the exit greeted us and offered us a seat! At breakfast when I hesitated because the eggs on the buffet bar were at the end of the tray I didn't have to say a thing, a member of staff noticed and told me to please take everything else and he would bring some fresh eggs to my table. It just happened time and time again.

Smiles from staff, asked if we needed assistance if we hesitated, just very good service.

My apologies, I cannot remember the Manager's name ... but as with all the staff ... charming and helpful.

The one area that could be improved, which I am sure you are aware of, is the fact that getting a signal on the mobile phones is a nightmare, perhaps a blessing that it gives you a break! However if I had been at the hotel for a business meeting it would have been a problem.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Shirlylane
ops_Savillcourt, Guest Relations Manager at Savill Court Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 27 February 2014
Dear Shirlylane
Thank you for your review, it was our great pleasure to welcome you once again to Savill Court.
I will be delighted to pass on your comments to our service teams.
Please do let me know when you wish to return and I will make a reservation for you personally.
Doncaster, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 February 2014

My boyfriend and I stayed here on Saturday night to celebrate our anniversary. Our room was quite good - a little on the small side for the amount paid, but still nice. Like many reviewers also agree, the wardrobe space was limited, however this didn't pose a problem for us as we were only staying one night - but those of you staying any longer, be warned! The shower was very good though. We took advantage of all the exercise facilities provided - the gym was very good and not too busy (although also a little smaller than expected), the pool and sauna etc were likewise great, as were the tennis courts - these definitely made our stay pleasant and worth the money!! However, when we decided to go for dinner (we chose the bar over the restaurant initially as we preferred the food offered), upon arriving there we were greeted with many unclean tables full of dirty dishes and a few bar staff merely stood around. Safe to say we weren't impressed. Unfortunately for us, there was two major events occurring during our stay, and the noise of these was annoying and very loud in the bar so we had to leave, and ended up having dinner in our room (the restaurant was fully booked - our fault mostly however not theirs, although perhaps they should be able to cater for the maximum guest capacity!). The food was nice, but perhaps a little too expensive for what you got. The major downfall of our stay was the noise from a downstairs event. Our room must've been directly above one of the events rooms (better room planning on the hotels behalf would've been good), so we had to complain. Thankfully however, the hotel staff were very accommodating and took us to the executive suite whilst they found us another room, which they did very quickly and offered to help us move everything, which was nice. We were very happy to be not only moved away from the noise but also upgraded to a much nicer room - we were very pleased and forgot about the earlier disruption!! To top it off, when we came to check out, the staff informed us that our room service/dinner costs had been taken off the bill, and we were presented with a free hotel of wine for our patience.

We would definitely commend the hotel for its exercise facilities, (deluxe?) room and the general demeanour of the staff. However, the bar should not have been in the messy state it was, and unfortunately, we just wished that the noise from the downstairs events hadn't made it up to our room!! We still enjoyed our time here though, and would likely return - hopefully next time it'll just be a bit cleaner and quieter.

Room Tip: Deluxe rooms are much nicer, especially if you're visiting for a longer stay!
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Emily C
Thank you for your feedback, we are sorry that we did not meet your expectations on some occasions, please be assured that we will address your comments.
Thank you for choosing Savill Court and please do not hesitate to contact me for any future bookings; it will be my pleasure to assist you personally.
Reviewed 24 February 2014

Went with a group of about 40 people. I had pre-booked and had read up on here about the hotel.

I was offered and took a "Garden Room". This was plenty large enough, with a reasonable bathroom and a comfortable bed. It had no a/c and wouldn't fancy it in mid summer!

Breakfast buffet was unimaginative, but fine. Other meals taken were very good.

I know some of my friends were very unhappy with their rooms; too small and very hot seemed to be the main complaints.

As it happened, I didn't have any complaints, other than the high bar prices!

Room Tip: A garden room is a must!
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
Dear BarryC 2010
Thank you for your review, we are delighted you chose Savill Court and we hope to welcome you again soon in the future.
Please do contact me and I will make a reservation for you personally.
Guest Services.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Egham
The Runnymede on Thames
Brooklands Hotel
Brooklands Hotel
#1 of 4 in Weybridge
4.5 of 5 bubbles 2,509 reviews

Been to Savill Court Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!