“So glad we held our wedding at Savill Court”

Savill Court Hotel & Spa
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Egham
London, United Kingdom
“So glad we held our wedding at Savill Court”
Reviewed 28 May 2014

We looked at a number of venues for our 300 person wedding and we are so glad that we chose to have our special day at Savill Court. Right from the first visit all the staff and most importantly Liz - the events manager - couldn't do more to keep us happy. For over 12 months we had different requests and the team couldn't be more attentive and helpful.
All our guests even commented on how lovely the venue was and how great the staff were. We had over 20 rooms booked for the evening and although a few of the rooms are slightly small, on the whole everyone was very happy. Our room for the newlywed couple was beautiful.
The food was great however the drinks are quite expensive. We felt very welcome at the venue and will be going back for our Anniversary. Thank you to everyone for making us feel so special.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
ops_Savillcourt, Guest Relations Manager at Savill Court Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 16 June 2014
Dear MelocoJacob
Thank you for your feedback, it was our great pleasure to welcome you and your family and friends for your special day.
We are delighted you chose Savill Court and we are looking forward to welcoming you again on your anniversary.
Guest Services.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (288)
walsall, UK
Reviewed 17 May 2014 via mobile

Stayed for 2 nights over Easter with my friend and her 3 year old son. Staff were very good with him - giving him an Easter egg, a toy, complementary drinks and regularly asking him if he was enjoying the stay. Our room was great for the 3 of us. Sofa bed was comfy. Having both a bath and a shower was great.

We had afternoon tea on the first day which was reasonably priced. We had a dinner package which we ate in our room. On the second night they made our mistake with our order, but room service quickly put it right. We did query being charged 2 tray charges each night - one for starter and main and the other for dessert. Reception removed the second charge upon check out. Food was always of a good quality.

The swimming pool and changing areas were lovely, as was the garden. Lovely sitting outside in the spring sunshine!

Only real concern was how hot our room was. Alarm bells rang when we entered and a fan was on! It was manageable in April, but I would think twice about staying in the middle of summer!

Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Dear Harveyswalsall,
Thank you for your review, we are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us; we will pass on your kind comments to all of our service teams. We are sorry that you found your room too hot; we do have fans available upon request.
We hope to welcome you again in the future; please do contact me if I can offer you any assistance with your booking.
Haslemere, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 May 2014

Cleaners cupboard. That is what this room should be used for. The single bed is over half of the floorspace of the main room. Now if this was a £20 B&B, fair enough, but at £120 (subsidised) it has to be the worst value I have ever seen. I was not the only one, colleagues had similarly small rooms, and it just smacks of greed that they are trying to get too many rooms into the space.

On the plus, the room was so small I could pug my laptop into the mains in the left hand corner of the room, and the short lead allowed me to use it on the bed in the other corner (I am clutching at straws).

I put the ironing board up to iron a shirt and there was nowhere to stand.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
ops_Savillcourt, Guest Relations Manager at Savill Court Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 16 May 2014
Dear Edwowen,
Thank you for your feedback, I am sorry that the size of the room did not meet your expectations on this occasion.
We do have varying room types and sizes and a small amount of single bedrooms, please let me know if you would like to stay again in the future and I will ensure that we meet all of your expecations.
Reviewed 11 May 2014

This hotel and spa was perfect for our group of 20 and the staff couldn't to do more to ensure we had a great stay. They placed our rooms and breakfast tables together, and also provided a private room for dinner where we received excellent customer service. We were so impressed with the spa facilities and the staff who provided our treatments. I would highly recommend the overnight spa packages.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank OliveOB04
Dear Olive0B04
Thank you for your feedback, it was our pleasure to welcome your party to Savill Court for the weekend. I will be delighted to pass on your feedback to our servcie teams.
Please contact me when you wish to return and I will make a booking for you personally.
Basingstoke, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 May 2014

There were in total nine of us in our party. Beautiful hotel and grounds. They let us check in early which as a bonus but there was a wedding scheduled so there was no room for us to have lunch or even sit! We could not have even sat at reception which had about two sofas! We went to the pub down the lane which was excellent and had a great time. Meanwhile back for dinner which was excellent value although the wine was quite expensive. Back to the bar where you could not hear yourself speak because of the wedding. Also you could not get served at the bar because all the wedding quests seemed to want to be served. Next day it was pouring so we went a walk into windsor. Came back and lo and behold another wedding was being held. This was my daughters 30th birthday and I had booked to eat in the hotel. Cancelled this straight away and we went to another restaurant near the hotel who were excellent for our needs. What got me after all this was.. No spa treatments were available for guests they could have had some slots for people. The rooms were not very big and I had asked for an upgrade for my daughter which didn't happen. She had no welcome pack not even a bath robe or anything. It spoiled our weekend which wasn't cheap!! It was the fact you had no where to relax and chill as the hotel was full of wedding guests! This has put me off going again but the hotel location is ideal if you want to go out and about!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Dear Whitewine1952
Thank you for your feedback, we are delighted that you found our hotel and grounds to be beautiful.
I am very sorry that the wedding taking place intruded on your enjoyment, we will take your feedback onboard, usually we are able to ensure that this does not happen.
We hope you will try us again in the future; please do contact me and I will make any arrangements for you personally.
Guest Services
Diss, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 May 2014

We stayed for two nights over Easter for a wedding. We had a lovely spacious executive room overlooking the garden and like other reviews have suggested the only small niggle would be the very limited hanging space in the wardrobe. The pool and changing areas were very clean. What made our stay even more enjoyable for us was the exceptionally hard working staff - they were all so friendly and attentive. Thank you all - we hope we will be able to visit again sometime.

Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Dear Auntiep1
Thank you for your feedback, we are delighted that you enjoyed your easter break with us at Savill Court Hotel & Spa. I will pass on your kind comments to our service teams. Please do contact me when you wish to stay with us again and I will make your booking personally.
Guest Services
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 May 2014

My partner and I went to Savill Court Hotel for a Spa day. The service was outstanding, as soon as we arrived at reception a manager took us to the Spa, and wished us an enjoyable day. Katie in the Spa was warm and welcoming and made sure we had everything we needed. We both had a full body massage which was amazing, thank you to Lucy and Lisa for this and your very professional manner. We would definitely come back again!!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank RachMaria23
Dear Rachmaria23,
Thank you for your feedback, I am delighted that you enjoyed your spa day at Savill Court, I will pass on your kind feedback to Katie and Lucy. Please do contact us direct at the hotel and I will be delighted to book your next spa day for you personally.
Guest Services.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Egham
The Runnymede on Thames
Brooklands Hotel
Brooklands Hotel
#1 of 4 in Weybridge
4.5 of 5 bubbles 2,506 reviews

Been to Savill Court Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!