Great Fosters
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Savannah Bed & Breakfast(Virginia Water)
  • Breakfast included
Wheatsheaf Hotel(Virginia Water)
  • Restaurant
1,241 results
All reviewsestate grilltudor roomhunting lodgecoach housethe main houseafternoon teaitalian roomhistoric roomsstunning gardensbeautiful hotelhenry viiimolton brown toiletriescocktail barsteeped in historytithe barnwindsor castlemichelin star
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 24 August 2014 via mobile

Beautiful building, rooms and setting. Welcome and service amazing. Food and ambience in The Tudor room wonderful. When they found out it was our anniversary we were presented with a slate with Happy Anniversary piped in chocolate and a beautiful box with chocolates at the end of our meal. A thoughtful touch that shows the attention to detail. Loved it and can't wait to be able to afford to go again. Stayed in new building but still luxurious. Expensive but worth every penny.

• Stayed: August 2014
GreatFosters1931, General Manager at Great Fosters, responded to this reviewResponded 8 September 2014

Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay with us. I'm so pleased that you enjoyed celebrating your anniversary with us and that my team looked after you so well.

We look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 22 August 2014

We stayed for a weekend,it was lovely from the moment we arrived.Beautiful hotel,with such character.We walked the grounds,lovely setting,saw the pigs and bees,which the hotel cultivate.The hotel oozes history with the oak panelling and inglenook fireplaces.We stayed in a room called Corridor all oak panelled but on opening the door to the bathroom it' was real state of the art.Very luxurious and TV in the wall!
Definitely worth a visit! Good for visiting Windsor and Hampton Court too

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Pauline M

Thank you for writing a review on your stay with us last month. I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay in our Corridor bedroom and that you particularly enjoyed visiting the bees and the pigs.

I do hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back in the not too distant future.

Reviewed 19 August 2014

The 3 of us stayed here for 3 nights this August. The room was large enough for all of us and the decor, with lots of dark wood, fit the style of this 1550s hunting lodge. We had an ultra modern marble bathroom with violet accent lights, a rain shower, and a beautiful modern stand-alone tub. This was nice, but the lighting was definitely not useful for applying makeup. Fortunately, there was a window with day light streaming in where I could sit with my magnifying mirror and put on my makeup. Nighttime was a problem - wasn't sure if I would show up for dinner looking like a clown or a streetwalker. Aside from this, the estate is gorgeous, the gardens are magnificent, the service was perfect, and our stay was memorable. I gave it four stars because I love beautifully decorated spaces and our room fell a little short.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family

Thank you for posting a review on your recent stay with us. I was pleased that you all enjoyed your stay last month. Thank you for your comments on the lighting in the particular room in which you stayed. We will be looking at how we can improve the lighting in the bathroom.

Reviewed 18 August 2014

Have stayed here over the past 18 years on different occasions and still love the place. The hotel just oozes character and if you stay, be sure to go for a feature room as they are really, really special. Each one one has a charm of its own.

Try not to get a hotel in the new building as they are nice, but don't have the character of the rooms in the main hotel building.

We spent a Xmas here one year and dined in the barn - absolutely fabulous !

Stayed: June 2014
1  Thank roy T

Thank you for your wonderful comments. We look forward to welcoming you back when you are next in our part of the world.

Reviewed 18 August 2014 via mobile

My husband and I stayed at Great Fosters as our friends got married there.

The venue is exceptional, something we are not used to (we felt a little out of place arriving in jeans and comfy travelling clothes) but we soon felt better once we changed for dinner.

The staff are brilliant, they cannot do enough for you from helping with luggage, giving a little history of the hotel to taking you through every aspect of how to work the mod cons in the room!

We stayed in the modern part of the hotel which was fantastic.

The food was brilliant, but I must say I think it, as well as the drink, were a little overpriced. Don't get me wrong, it is fabulous food, so I expect to pay more, however I don't think it was quite worth what we paid.

Breakfast, although a buffet, was also better than you get in most hotels. You can tell they've sourced top quality sausages etc.

The gardens are immaculate, so well kept. You must go for a stroll if you stay.

The wedding we attended was brilliant and seemed to us seamless.

Overall, we had a fantastic stay, but paid a little more than we thought the food and drink was worth.

• Stayed: August 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on your recent stay with us for your friends' wedding. I was pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay, especially the wedding itself and our 50 acres of grounds.

We hope to welcome you back.