“Excellent”

The Runnymede on Thames
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Egham
Reviewed 31 December 2013

Been here several times for relaxing, hen parties and girls weekends. Its suitable for all occasions and the food is excellent in all restaurants. If you fancy a treat with a couple of friends then hire the spa room where you get to enjoy private massages, beautiful lunches and cocktails whilst relaxing on the sofa and watching dvds its very special.

Afternoon Tea is good and Sunday lunch is out of this world.
Enjoy

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
Runnymede_Manager, Guest Relations Manager at The Runnymede on Thames, responded to this reviewResponded 3 January 2014

Thank you for your glowing review of the runnymede and I am pleased that you and your friends enjoy staying with us whether it is for a hen party girls weekend or just to relax. I am glad that you liked the Aquitaine suite and were able to enjoy some cocktails while watching the DVD’s and having the treatments next door. I have passed on your feedback to all the team so they are aware of how much their efforts are appreciated. I am also glad that you think afternoon tea is good and Sunday Lunch out of this world. We hope we see you again soon.

Reviewed 29 December 2013

This is not quite a five star hotel but it gives five star service and five star value for money. A large modern hotel where everything works well. We were attending a wedding at Great Fosters in Egham where other family members were staying but the reception staff there were off hand and not particularly helpful. The family members staying at Great Fosters were not very impressed with the place either and we had a much better deal. We enjoyed the overall experience at the Runnymede which has a great location on the river with fine views from the restaurant where we enjoyed a superb breakfast.
Well done Runnymede, we will stay again next time we are in the area.

Room Tip: You may need a larger bedroom if you want a bit of space.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Peter T
Runnymede_Manager, Guest Relations Manager at The Runnymede on Thames, responded to this reviewResponded 30 December 2013

Thank you for your great review of the runnymede and that although we are a four star hotel you feel we give five star service and five star value for money.
I am glad that the wedding party staying with us enjoyed the hotel and the facilities we have to offer. I am pleased that you enjoyed your breakfast overlooking the river and we all hope that the wedding was an enjoyable day.
We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 28 December 2013

We have stayed at this FANTASTIC hotel on a number of occasions, and the hotel never fails to please.
From the moment you arrive you are warmly greeted and relieved of your luggage whilst you have a speedy and again very friendly and informative Check In.
The whole TEAM at this hotel are out to try and ensure you have a great stay and they all succeed fantastically.
Have never experienced better service anywhere else.
The food is outstanding and plentiful. A superb breakfast and dinner in both hotel restaurants are first class.
The location of this hotel is also excellent. Whether you are visiting all the great attractions of Surrey and/or Berkshire or intending to spend some time in London, everything is within easy reach.
Would definitely recommend this hotel to everyone, you will not be disappointed.

Room Tip: All the rooms are very well appointed and extremely comfortable. We have stayed in various types of...
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you so much for your lovely review of the runnymede. I am so pleased that you continue to find the hotel a friendly and warm place to stay with great food an an excellent location amd good service.
I have passed on your kind comments to the team here so they know how much their efforts are appreciated and that you think that the service they offer is better than you have experienced anywhere else.
We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 28 December 2013

I have been to the Runnymede twice recently, once for business and today to meet some friends with my family. Both occasions have been excellent. Today, eight of us relaxed in the lounge area for nearly six hours having drinks and some lovely snacks. I can highly recommend the Club Sandwich, the avocado mayo was delicious. All the other sandwiches were equally nice and the generous portions of chips beat the best of us. Service was quick and friendly which was great. Clearly, the Runnymede would probably be considered by most as a business hotel, but with our visit today with four children aged from 9-12 we were pleasantly surprised with how the staff served us. On my other business trip I was equally impressed with the hotel. All this plus the convenience of being 2mins off the M25, and with very nice views over the thames, makes it an ideal meeting place. We will be back and maybe to stay, even though we only live 45mins away.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family

Thank you so much for a glowing review of the runnymede-on-thames and I am pleased that on both occasions that you have visited us your time here was excellent. I am glad that your friends and family enjoyed the snacks and chips and that the runnymede club sandwich was a hit; it is good to see that whether you were here on business or with the family, you received the same attentive service from the Lounge team.
I have passed on your kind comments to the team so that they are aware of how much their efforts are appreciated and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future perhaps to stay and enjoy the other facilities.

Reviewed 18 December 2013 via mobile

I had a wedding evening reception at the Runnymede, on route I broke a nail!! They arranged for one of the spa staff to redo my nails in my room whilst I had my hair done! The evening was magnificent with every guest stating how great the food, Drink and staff were.
Vicky was our point of contact during the planning stages and we have to say she was amazing, even putting up with my random questions! I wouldst certainly return again if allowed as we drunk the whole hotel out of jagermeister oopsy!!

• Stayed: October 2013

Thank you for your glowing review of the hotel and I am so pleased that you had a magnificent reception for your wedding at the runnymede. I am also glad that the team in the spa were able to fix your broken nail so that you were ready for your big day.
I have passed on your kind comments to the team especially the Spa and Vicky as it is always nice for the team to know their efforts are appreciated.
I am pleased that your guests all enjoyed the food, drink and service and that you will use the hotel again in the future when we will order in some extra Jagermeister!
We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 16 December 2013

I attended a work's event at the hotel on Friday evening (but was paying for mine and my guests rooms personally - not on expenses) and can quite honestly say that I couldn't fault anything. Every member of staff I encountered seemed to have been briefed to ensure that guests have everything they need before they know that they need it. Very comfortable room, had an excellent night's sleep. I even sat down and wrote to the General Manager when I got home to congratulate him/her and the Management Team, which is something I have only ever done once before. The Christmas function we attended was done very well, excellent staff, good meal and a great deal of fun.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
Runnymede_Manager, Guest Relations Manager at The Runnymede on Thames, responded to this reviewResponded 17 December 2013

Thank you for your lovely review of the runnymede-on-thames and I am so pleased that you enjoyed your works’ event at the hotel. I am glad that the team were friendly and pre-empted your needs and provided you with the level of hospitality that we pride ourselves on whether it was in the hotel itself or in the private function room during the Christmas Party.
Thank you for taking the time to write in to the hotel as it is always nice for the team to receive letters of praise so they know that their efforts are appreciated.
The General Manager thanks you for writing and has responded to you personally.
We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 15 December 2013 via mobile

We met family for a pre Xmas weekend break. Everything start to finish was great. Lovely rooms , good food. In particular the bistro staff on Saturday night were fantastic catering for a tired 6 year old with no fuss and extra panache. Very much appreciated.

Stayed: December 2013
therunnymede, Guest Relations Manager at The Runnymede on Thames, responded to this reviewResponded 16 December 2013

Thank you for a glowing review of the runnymede and I am pleased that from start to finish you thought your stay was great. I have passed on your feedback to the team so they are aware of how much their efforts are appreciated, particularly the Lock Bar and Kitchen team.
We look forward to welcoming you and your family back in the near future.
Resident / Guest Relations Manager

Also consider these accommodations in or near Egham
Great Fosters
De Vere Wotton House
De Vere Wotton House
#1 of 8 in Dorking
Macdonald Frimley Hall Hotel & Spa

Been to The Runnymede on Thames? Share your experiences!