“Lovely Location”

Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Egham
London, United Kingdom
“Lovely Location”
Reviewed 29 July 2014

We booked a couple Retreat for our wedding anniversary, upgrading to a Double Deluxe River View room - an extra £85. The room wasn't that big, I expected a lot bigger for the extra money.

The room was reasonable decorated, the bed was comfy, it was all clean.

I'd been in the business centre for a number of work things, so had high expectations of the hotel side but it didn't actually match them...

The package included a hot stone massage each - which was blissful Becky & Chloe were both amazing therapists.

Dinner was included too, and this was really good, with the added nice touch of 'Happy Anniversary' chocolates at the end of the meal.

All in all it was a lovely relaxing weekend.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Runnymede_Manager, Guest Relations Manager at The Runnymede on Thames, responded to this review, 4 August 2014
Thank you for your lovely review of the runnymede and I am pleased that you chose to visit us for an anniversary stay rather than having meetings here. I am glad that your treatments from Becky and Chloe were blissful and as a result of your feedback these two therapists will be nominated for our employee of the quarter award.
I am also glad that you thought dinner was really good and you liked the anniversary plate given at the end of your meal.
I am however sorry that your room did not match your expectations but am pleased that you found the standards of cleanliness met your expectations.
We look forward to welcoming you back soon
Resident / Guest Relations Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (415)
  • Polish first
london
Reviewed 28 July 2014

A lovely hotel, but a bit under staffed. The rooms were lovely, spacious, clean and good AC. Arrived Friday night, sat outside on my own and waited so long for a waiter to get a drink - the rest of the weekend was the same. Saturday evening sat outside again and when my drink order was finally taken, it took 15 minutes for my drink to arrive. The Lock Restaurant was a very pleasant experience and the service and food was GREAT! The swimming pool was lovely, but clearly not enough lounge chairs to accommodate a busy sunny weekend, but plenty of room for extra lounge chairs. There were towels reserving all of the lounge chairs, but no one on them - when we questioned the pool attendants, they said no reserving .... But clearly there was, and the many pool attendants were not monitoring this.

I would stay again as it is in a beautiful spot.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Runnymede_Manager, Guest Relations Manager at The Runnymede on Thames, responded to this review, 30 July 2014
Thank you for your review of the runnymede and I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay and would visit again. I have passed on your comments to the team in the Lock Bar and Kitchen as it is always nice to receive positive feedback on the food and service.
I am sorry that there was a delay in serving you drinks in the Lounge and this feedback has been given to the Lounge Manager for him to review so we can improve the speed of drinks service as we had plenty of staff on shift over the weekend.
I am also sorry that you felt there were not enough loungers in the outdoor pool area. We do have a large number of loungers and also have picnic blankets available for when the loungers and bean bags are in use. We do not reserve loungers and your feedback on this has been passed to the Spa manager to rectify the situation as this was not your perception.
Bury St Edmunds, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 July 2014

Booked into the hotel by a third party for a business "overnighter.". The check-in staff were exceptionally welcoming and very personable. This was mirrored by all the other staff throughout my stay and it is a major plus for the hotel - everyone is really pleasant. The room was slightly smaller that I had expected and the bathroom was a bit of a crush. Furthermore, there was a loose floor tile and signs of general wear - stained floor because the shower always leaks and has damaged the floor slightly. However, the weather was warm and dry and I had an excellent view of the river! Dinner was good quality food well presented and served. Breakfast too, was perfectly fine. Another plus was an excellently equipped gym with helpful staff to get you through the logging in to the machines! I didn't try the beauty spa! Overall, a very pleasant stay.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Runnymede_Manager, Guest Relations Manager at The Runnymede on Thames, responded to this review, 29 July 2014
Thank you for your good review of the runnymede-on-thames. I am so pleased that despite not booking the hotel yourself you were impressed with the exceptional welcome and personable greeting given at reception during check in and the service from all the other team members in the hotel.
I am pleased that you had an enjoyable dinner and thought the food was of good quality and presented well.
I am also pleased that you were able to make use of the extensive gym facilities and that the Gym team helped you with the machines.
I have passed on your feedback regarding the bathrooms to the Head Housekeeper and Maintenance Manager so they can fix the tile and stained floor.
Craig Spencer
Resident / Guest Relations Manager.
Poole, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 July 2014

Wonderful weekend away, from relaxing in the spa to sitting outside watching the boats go by on the river Thames. Walking alog the river. Food out of this world nothing to much trouble for the start. Room 207 a must, lovely view,quiet and peaceful. Going home relaxed and stress free thank you the runnymead .ps a special thank you to Craig Spencer who made our weekend even more special.cant wait to come back again.

Room Tip: River side rooms have the better views of the Thames and if upgrades are available allways ask.
1 Thank Henry F
Runnymede_Manager, Guest Relations Manager at The Runnymede on Thames, responded to this review, 22 July 2014
Thank you so much for glowing your review of the runnymede and I am so glad that you had a wonderful weekend with us and you have gone home relaxed after watching the boats sail by, walking along the river bank and enjoying our food offering.
I am also pleased that I was able to personally ensure that you had a special weekend away.
We all look forward to welcoming you back to the runnymede soon.
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 19 July 2014 via mobile

It has been more than a decade since my last visit. The hotel lobby and the rooms were updated making the hotel an even better value. Rooms are spacious and modern. The gem was the walk along the Thames. Early morning crisp air with the views of the garden and homes was refreshing and a great way to start the day. The hotel had a good hearty English breakfast buffet.

Stayed July 2014
Thank you for your positive review of the runnymede-on-thames and I am so pleased that you like the refurbished ground floor of the hotel and the updated bedrooms finding them spacious and modern.
I am also glad that you enjoyed a good hearty English breakfast in the Leftbank and had a nice walk along the Thames.
We very much look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.
Cardiff
Reviewed 17 July 2014

I have stayed here about 26 times and it is one of the best hotels I have stayed at
Ideal if you are with children ,or as a couple ,the outdoor pool whether permitting is lovely ,
And sitting on the garden facing the Thames just watching the boats go by ,food is superb ,and the breakfast is one of the best I have had in all my travels ,if you are looking for a lovely hotel this is the one ,

Room Tip: Always ask for an upgrade they are always obliging
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Runnymede_Manager, Guest Relations Manager at The Runnymede on Thames, responded to this review, 20 July 2014
Thank you for your glowing review of the runnymede. As one of our regular guests it is great to see that you still find the hotel one of the best you have stayed at.
I’m glad that you enjoy sitting watching the boats go by on the river, relaxing in the outdoor pool when the weather is nice and that our breakfast offering is one of the best you have had throughout your travels.
We very much look forward to your next visit.
Bishops Stortford
Reviewed 16 July 2014

We stayed at this hotel to attend a Charity function. We had booked a twin room, which was loverly, clean and comfortable.
The food was out of this world, and the staff were all friendly andnothing was too much trouble. The only negative I could find at the Charity function was the waiting staff were too quick to remove our glass of wine even though it was full, when we left the table to go for a dance or the toliets.
Breakfast was plentyful and had a vast selection which was all very enjoyable.
The hotel is situated alongside the River Thames and it is great to be able walk along the river and the surrounding area.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Sally_Steve_W
Thank you for your review of the runnymede and I am pleased that you enjoyed your visit to us and thought your room was lovely, clean and comfortable.
I have passed your kind comments about the friendliness and helpfulness of the team serving your charity function onto team members as it is always nice to receive good feedback. I am glad that you enjoyed breakfast and thought that the food throughout your stay was out of this world and you enjoyed your walk along the river.
Resident / Guest Relations Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Egham
Great Fosters
Brooklands Hotel
#1 of 4 in Weybridge
Macdonald Windsor Hotel
Macdonald Frimley Hall Hotel & Spa

Been to The Runnymede on Thames? Share your experiences!