Stayed here last Sat and Sun night. Didn't know what to expect but hubby had stayed here before and said the rooms were very good. Yes, they are! Excellent in fact, spacious, very comfortable beds, great silent a/c, good amenities (ESPA products), lightweight bathrobes and proper bath towels (large). Overhead shower in the bath was excellent and housekeeping made an excellent job and also very friendly which was a pleasant change.
Now then, service: I appreciate that on Saturday night it was exceptionally busy but as a paying customer that is not my problem, I do NOT want to wait 15 minutes to get a waiter's attention. I expect to be brought the correct drink. I do not want to be given 2! bills. I do expect that my table be cleared of the previous occupant's 'remains' when asked and not have to look at it when sipping my drink! Yes, there was a wedding on but we were paying good money too so you need to sort this out.
Breakfasts were excellent with a huge choice of food. We both loved the honeycomb on Sunday morning, never seen that before. Nothing too much trouble for the staff when asked to clear a plate away but this should be done without asking. Need to address this too.
Buffet dinner that was included in the price was very good. WAs a bit dubious about freshness however it was very good quality. I had langoustines with marie rose sauce, very good, followed by mussel soup (kindly made to order) which was EXCELLENT. Hubby had the roast beef and salad and said his beef was cooked to perfection.
Very impressed when we checked in that despite our room not being ready - Room 114 (we were a bit early for check in) we were heading off to London for a party, the Receptionist swiftly advised me that i could use the Spa facilities to change. That is good service.
We will definitely return for a more leisurely visit and despite the unlikely location beside the motorway, it IS beside the lovely Thames and has something for everyone, indoor/outdoor pool, walks beside the river, lovely lawn area, great comfy sofas right beside the water to while away some time, table tennis on the lawn, nice squashy cushions on the lawn.
This is a very good hotel with lovely staff - just train your Waiters better.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set right on the banks of the river Thames we are the perfect location for a short break. Our family friendly hotel is near attractions, theme parks and fantastic sights. There's so much to do right here too with riverside walks, our award-winning spa, gorgeous riverside dining and much more. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Odigeo, Hotels.com, Superbreak UK, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., HotelsClick, HRS, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Runnymede on Thames reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Runnymede-On-Thames Hotel Egham
- Runnymede Hotel Egham
- Hotel Runnymede
- The Runnymede On Thames Egham, Surrey