“Just perfect!”

The Runnymede on Thames
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Egham
“Just perfect!”
Reviewed 1 September 2014

I held a 2 day conference at The Runnymede~on~Thames Hotel, for 30 people. In the lead up to the event the conference team were amazing! Nothing was too much trouble, all my needs were accommodated perfectly. They were very helpful with all my menu and dining needs, were able to offer free room upgrades to my very senior executives, and made the 2 days run without a hitch!
I absolutely adore this hotel, it's very elegant with beautiful grounds, a lovely little spa, and a superb events centre and facilities. Just perfect for the business traveller. Can't rate this highly enough!

• Stayed September 2014
Runnymede_Manager, Guest Relations Manager at The Runnymede on Thames, responded to this review, 3 September 2014
Thank you so much for your kind review of the runnymede and I am pleased that you thought your conference with us was ‘just perfect’.
I am pleased that the events team were able to organise your 2 day conference without a hitch and you thought the team overall were amazing. I have passed on your kind comments to both the operational and sales teams so they can see how much their efforts are appreciated.
I am also pleased that you adore the hotel with the spa and the river location and I hope that we see you again soon, maybe for a relaxing weekend rather than a work related visit..
Craig Spencer
Resident / Guest Relations Manager.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (392)
  • Polish first
Reviewed 31 August 2014

This is my first ever review. We have just returned home from a weekend stay at the Runnymede Spa. We couldn't of wished for more. We were greeted by reception with children packs for our three boys and our bags taken to our room. We had inter connecting deluxe rooms over looking the river. We spent a lot of our stay at the outdoor swimming pool and the tennis courts. Every member of Staff we encountered was polite and helpful. We are definitely booking next year!

• Stayed August 2014
1 Thank Louloufell
Thank you so much for choosing the runnymede to write you first review on Tripadvisor and I am so pleased that you couldn’t have asked for more from your visit.
I am pleased that your children liked the welcome packs and that you made use of the facilities particularly the tennis courts and outdoor pool. I have passed your kind comments on to all the team as it is always nice to receive positive feedback and we look forward to seeing you next year.
England, Kent
Reviewed 31 August 2014 via mobile

We stayed here for my husbands 40th and It was a wonderful stay in a

Luxury river view room:
Watching the boats go by and comfy rooms with a clean and modern finish with lovely bath accessories.

Restaurants were lovely and a great selection for breakfast lunch and dinner.

Boat Hire:
We hired a boat for the day (booked in advance) and it was so much fun, right outside the hotel so, so convenient, we had a truly lovely stay, the interior everywhere was just don't so lovely.

Spa:
The only thing was the spa, there were quite a few children running around screaming which spoilt the intentions of being relaxed but otherwise the spa was also lovely.

I will definitely recommend this hotel with a river view room and go deluxe as I think the rooms are slightly bigger

Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you for your great review of the runnymede and I am pleased that you chose the hotel to celebrate your husband’s 40th birthday.
I am glad that you liked our river location, and that you thought the room was clean and modern. I am delighted you enjoyed the great selection of food on offer in the restaurants.
It’s good to know that you had a great day on the river in one of our boats and found the hotel’s location superb.
In the spa area we do operate child free times so maybe on your next visit you can have some peace and quiet during these times and also a visit outside of school holiday times might be worth considering.
We look forward to your next visit.
Seattle
Reviewed 30 August 2014

This hotel keeps getting better and better.

The buffet food in the main restaurant is excellent. The chefs are polite and helpful and cater to special-needs diets. This aspect of the hotel is the most impressive of all.

The only fault that I could find was that some of the receptionists are not English and that poses a problem with understanding what they are saying at times. It would be nice to speak with an English person at all times in the hotel.`After all, Runnymede is all about England!

The room service staff are very polite. The spa people seem, well---- a little distant.

Room Tip: Choose a room facing the river and morning light.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled solo
Thank you for your glowing review of the runnymede and I am pleased that you think the hotel gets better and better.
I am glad that you think the food offering in the restaurants are the most impressive part of the hotel and I have passed on your kind comments to the Kitchen and restaurant brigade.
I am pleased that you find the room service staff very polite but I am sorry that you found the spa team a little distant and a couple of the receptionists difficult to understand. We do employee a wide range of nationalities although we usually receive excellent feedback about these key members of the team.
We do hope that we will see you again in the near future and thank you for your feedback.
Epsom, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 August 2014

Stayed here for one night on 22nd August 2014.
From start to finish cannot fault! Avril from reservations ensured my requests were granted. We arrived at 1pm and our room was available. Yes, the standard room is on the small side but what a view!!!! Dressing gowns, slippers, lovely soft fluffy towels, crisp bedsheets and lovely clean room with pleasant decor. AC welcome too! Yes Heathrow airport is near and you do hear the aircraft (Previous reviews!!!)but quite honestly when selecting the hotel surely you would know its close proximity to the airport!!!!! The grounds are immaculate and staff in abundance and all very friendly and welcoming. The location is superb with lovely riverside walks and the Lock makes interesting viewing! In face we sat by the jetty in the comfy double beds and quite literally watched the world(boats) go by!!! The outdoor pool is well maintained and served by attentive staff.
The spa is EXCELLENT!! much better than our expectations. As regular spa users, Champneys, Nirvena, Careys Manor, Alexander Utopia, we were doubting if the spa would live up to our expectaions, well it did!! Sometimes hotels with spas don't work, well this does!!!!!Particulary liked the lounge with complimentary drinks-nice touch. we were also surprised with the 'turn down' room service,not come across this in the UK???
Dinner in the Lock restaurant was superb, the seabass presented and cooked expertly.
Breakfast choices were amazing and again we liked the prsonal waitress service of serving juice, and the orange juice was fresh!!! Smoothies another unexpected find!!
This hotel caters for couples, groups families and it works!!!! Well done Runnymede, only critisim was we wanted two nights but could only book one as fully booked!!!! Definitely plan to return.

Room Tip: Don't be put off by standard rooms, good value and great views of river. We were in room 224 (to...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you for your great review of the runnymede and I am so pleased that you think we should be a 5 star hotel instead of a 4 star one due to the overall experience that you had when visiting us.
I am pleased that Avril arranged everything for you and you found the room lovely and clean with crisp sheets and fluffy towels. As you mentioned Avril in your review, she has been nominated for the Employee of the Quarter Award.
I have passed on your comments about the friendly and welcoming team to everyone at the runnymede as it is always nice to receive good feedback.
I am delighted that your experience of the Spa exceeded expecations and that you found it matched up to those such as Champneys and Nirvana.
I am so pleased that you plan to return.
Reading, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 August 2014

We visited the hotel for an off-site meeting and then stayed overnight. The facilities are fantastic and it's obviously an extremely well-run hotel. Everyone was very friendly and accommodating, especially Gia, who was our contact in the events area. The food was delicious and the bedroom was great. I would definitely recommend the hotel and we hope to visit again for our next meeting.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
Thank you for your glowing review of the runnymede and I am pleased that you enjoyed your offsite meeting here at the hotel finding all the team especially Gita friendly and accommodating. I am also glad that you found the food delicious and the bedroom great.
Due to you mentioning Gita by name she will automatically be nominated for our Employee of the Quarter award.
We look forward to welcoming you and your company back in the near future.
Brecon
Reviewed 26 August 2014

Stayed here for 3 nights with friends over the bank holiday weekend.
Our room was bit smaller than normal for the price but was immaculate and nicely decorated. Bed was very comfy too. The restaurant was clean and the food was excellent. Great selection of food whether it was for breakfast or evening meal.
Staff were very helpful in all areas. Did not notice the noise from the aeroplanes at all during our stay. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
Runnymede_Manager, Guest Relations Manager at The Runnymede on Thames, responded to this review, 28 August 2014
Thank you for your great review of the runnymede and I am pleased that you chose to spend the bank holiday weekend at the runnymede. I am glad that your room was immaculate and nicely decorated with a comfy bed.
I am also pleased that you found the food offering excellent at both dinner and breakfast and that you found the restaurant clean.
I have passed on your kind comments to the team at the hotel as it is always nice to receive positive feedback.
Resident / Guest Relations Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Egham
Great Fosters
Nutfield Priory Hotel & Spa
The Oakley Court
The Oakley Court
#2 of 17 in Windsor

Been to The Runnymede on Thames? Share your experiences!