2,156 results
All reviews leftbank restaurant lock restaurant left bank buffet restaurant outdoor pool magna carta riverside room walk along the river river view watching the boats spa facilities lovely hotel lounge bar heathrow airport relaxing break great weekend deluxe room
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Absolutely amazing customer service, lovely food and drinks, very reasonable price for a package stay with dinner and breakfast for 2 nights. Excellent spa facilities and treatments. Rooms could do with updating but certainly a minor thing. Fabulous location and willDefinitely be returning. Service this good isn’t the norm these days.

Room tip: River facing - gorgeous views
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank SuseR_11
Runnymede_Manager, Guest Relations Manager at The Runnymede on Thames, responded to this reviewResponded 1 week ago

Thank you for your great review of The Runnymede on Thames. I am delighted that you found the service absolutely amazing, the food and drinks lovely, the spa facilities excellent and the two night package with dinner on the first night great value. The spa was glad to learn that you found the facilities excellent as well. I have passed on your feedback regarding the room update to our Maintenance Manager.
We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

After our group had to be transferred from another hotel due to an unacceptable offer of single room accommodation, we arrived at The Runnymede to be greeted by the Duty Manager, Craig who immediately upgraded my husband and I due to it being his birthday and the mess up at the other hotel. We and our eight guests received such attentive, thoughtful service during our stay. Complimentary drinks for all our group and a birthday card and chocolates slipped into our room whilst we had dinner. This wasn’t necessary as the hotels weren’t linked so we were really grateful for this touch.

The rooms and food were fantastic with a lovely view of The Thames. Breakfast was fresh and vast - there was so much choice, it was delicious.

If you’re looking for an excellent stay in Windsor or Egham then don’t choose anywhere else!! All the staff from domestic, concierge, waiters and reception obviously have a great ethos and the customer service is second to none. Thank you to Craig and all his team for making it a memorable stay. We’ll definitely be back!!

Date of stay: February 2019
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Runnymede_Manager, Guest Relations Manager at The Runnymede on Thames, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Thank you for your wonderful review of The Runnymede on Thames. I am delighted that the team and I were able to create a memorable stay for you and your party on your husband’s birthday. I am also pleased that you enjoyed the dinner, drinks and the little treats from us to ensure that the negative experience you encountered elsewhere did not mar your celebrations. I have passed on your thanks to the teams and we look forward to welcoming you back again soon, with your husbands shopping trolley!!

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Very conveniently and picturesquely located on the banks of the Thames by the lock and close to Windsor, Heathrow, and the M25 but not too close for the traffic from either to intrude, every single member of staff in this hotel delivered exemplary, friendly service. We have rarely experienced such excellent service, the food was excellent and we look forward to the opportunity to return. I comment that our room was quite small but it had a lovely view over the Thames and the rooms of other members of our party on the other side of the hotel were much larger. Not cheap at the rack rate, special deals are available.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank JohnB2151

Thank you for your great review of The Runnymede on Thames. I am pleased that you found the location convenient, the team and service exemplary, friendly and excellent and the food amazing. I am, however, sorry that you found the room a little small; as you have mentioned we do have larger rooms available, some of which are also with a river view. Please contact our Reservations Team to explore your options and learn about our special offers. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

My mum and I have stayed at this wonderful place for a night and I have to say that we had a great time here. The receptionist Andy Webb was very polite and helpful, he made us very welcome. The room was with a wonderful view to the river and was very clean and had everything you could expect for! We also had a stone massage which was done by Laura. I would definitely recommend her to anyone. Spa facilities had different saunas, swimming pool and jacuzzi. Food was amazing too and had big menu yo choose from. Thanks all staff for letting us to have an amazing time and great spa experience too.

Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Zivile12

Thank you for your lovely review of The Runnymede on Thames. I am thrilled that you and your mum had a wonderful time at the hotel and found the room clean, the view lovely, the spa facilities perfect and the food amazing. Andy was delighted to learn that he made you feel very welcome and Laura is grateful that her hard work is appreciated and that you would recommend her as a therapist. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

What an absolutely marvellous buffet lunch! From the very first greeting by dear Gary who was so incredibly friendly and welcoming, with a firm nothing’s impossible and was on hand to make sure everything was as it should be! We tend to shy away from nuggets but the food was fresh and the stations all pristinely clean and well lit.
Lovely Ben thank you for your wine knowledge, can’t believe there was a free bottle of wine with our booking!
The chef Theo was charming and super helpful and what an incredible buffet they had on offer.the pictures don’t do it justice! It’s absolutely FANTASTIC! The food, the service, the views and the price!! I will be back and highly recommend! The only possible improvement....some background music! Then it would be even more perfect!

Date of stay: January 2019
Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank SunitaS_13
Runnymede_Manager, Guest Relations Manager at The Runnymede on Thames, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Thank you for your wonderful review of The Runnymede on Thames. I am delighted that you found the buffet lunch absolutely marvellous, the food fresh, the stations pristinely clean and well-lit, the complimentary wine a great surprise and everything absolutely fantastic. Gary, Ben and Theo were thrilled that they made your lunch experience so much more memorable. I have passed on your feedback regarding some background music to our Food and Beverage Manager for review. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.