2,156 results
All reviews leftbank restaurant lock restaurant left bank buffet restaurant outdoor pool magna carta riverside room walk along the river river view watching the boats spa facilities lovely hotel lounge bar heathrow airport relaxing break great weekend deluxe room
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

I spent 2 weeks in the hotel on biz; that is a typical biz hotel pretty pretty close to Heathrow that serves the Surrey area. The rooms are pretty clean but the overall quality of the service is very bad. A T-shirt a really cared disappeared from the room, No proactive interest to solve the issue has been showed and, worst, no refund has been proposed when I left the hotel. It sounded to me like that is a standard policy; Actually, I realized another colleagues had the same issue and treatment. In the Hotel there is a restaurant name “the lock”, the environment is nice, the cucine is on average but the service is awfull: it takes at least 45 mins to take the orders and +2 hours to have a simole dinner.... basically they “lock you”.
I would suggest it, if you do not have alternatives in that area.

Date of stay: January 2019
Trip type: Travelled on business
Runnymede_Manager, Guest Relations Manager at The Runnymede on Thames, responded to this reviewResponded 1 week ago

Thank you for your review of The Runnymede on Thames. I am truly sorry to read your review as I am aware that our Senior Duty Manager was in contact with you regarding the lost t-shirt throughout your stay. We had searched all the linen trolleys and asked the laundry company to check but to no avail. I am also disappointed to see that you do not think we offered compensation for your lost property, as I am aware that we offered to replace the t-shirt like for like and when this was declined a sum of money to the value of a new t-shirt was credited to your account.
We have used the same housekeeping team for many years and never had issues with items going missing from rooms.
If your colleagues have lost items I would urge them to contact the hotel as we have many items in our lost property.
I am also saddened that you did not enjoy your dinners in the Lock Bar and Kitchen, the restaurant operates on a high standard of service and highest quality of food being awarded a rosette for the food and service, we always receive very positive feedback, but am sorry that this is not your perception.
I can see that you dined in the Lock Bar and Kitchen numerous times during your stay and if there we had been made aware of your dissatisfaction at the time we would have looked into finding a solution for you.

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Absolutely amazing customer service, lovely food and drinks, very reasonable price for a package stay with dinner and breakfast for 2 nights. Excellent spa facilities and treatments. Rooms could do with updating but certainly a minor thing. Fabulous location and willDefinitely be returning. Service this good isn’t the norm these days.

Room tip: River facing - gorgeous views
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank SuseR_11

Thank you for your great review of The Runnymede on Thames. I am delighted that you found the service absolutely amazing, the food and drinks lovely, the spa facilities excellent and the two night package with dinner on the first night great value. The spa was glad to learn that you found the facilities excellent as well. I have passed on your feedback regarding the room update to our Maintenance Manager.
We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

After our group had to be transferred from another hotel due to an unacceptable offer of single room accommodation, we arrived at The Runnymede to be greeted by the Duty Manager, Craig who immediately upgraded my husband and I due to it being his birthday and the mess up at the other hotel. We and our eight guests received such attentive, thoughtful service during our stay. Complimentary drinks for all our group and a birthday card and chocolates slipped into our room whilst we had dinner. This wasn’t necessary as the hotels weren’t linked so we were really grateful for this touch.

The rooms and food were fantastic with a lovely view of The Thames. Breakfast was fresh and vast - there was so much choice, it was delicious.

If you’re looking for an excellent stay in Windsor or Egham then don’t choose anywhere else!! All the staff from domestic, concierge, waiters and reception obviously have a great ethos and the customer service is second to none. Thank you to Craig and all his team for making it a memorable stay. We’ll definitely be back!!

Date of stay: February 2019
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Runnymede_Manager, Guest Relations Manager at The Runnymede on Thames, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Thank you for your wonderful review of The Runnymede on Thames. I am delighted that the team and I were able to create a memorable stay for you and your party on your husband’s birthday. I am also pleased that you enjoyed the dinner, drinks and the little treats from us to ensure that the negative experience you encountered elsewhere did not mar your celebrations. I have passed on your thanks to the teams and we look forward to welcoming you back again soon, with your husbands shopping trolley!!

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Very conveniently and picturesquely located on the banks of the Thames by the lock and close to Windsor, Heathrow, and the M25 but not too close for the traffic from either to intrude, every single member of staff in this hotel delivered exemplary, friendly service. We have rarely experienced such excellent service, the food was excellent and we look forward to the opportunity to return. I comment that our room was quite small but it had a lovely view over the Thames and the rooms of other members of our party on the other side of the hotel were much larger. Not cheap at the rack rate, special deals are available.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank JohnB2151

Thank you for your great review of The Runnymede on Thames. I am pleased that you found the location convenient, the team and service exemplary, friendly and excellent and the food amazing. I am, however, sorry that you found the room a little small; as you have mentioned we do have larger rooms available, some of which are also with a river view. Please contact our Reservations Team to explore your options and learn about our special offers. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

My mum and I have stayed at this wonderful place for a night and I have to say that we had a great time here. The receptionist Andy Webb was very polite and helpful, he made us very welcome. The room was with a wonderful view to the river and was very clean and had everything you could expect for! We also had a stone massage which was done by Laura. I would definitely recommend her to anyone. Spa facilities had different saunas, swimming pool and jacuzzi. Food was amazing too and had big menu yo choose from. Thanks all staff for letting us to have an amazing time and great spa experience too.

Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Zivile12

Thank you for your lovely review of The Runnymede on Thames. I am thrilled that you and your mum had a wonderful time at the hotel and found the room clean, the view lovely, the spa facilities perfect and the food amazing. Andy was delighted to learn that he made you feel very welcome and Laura is grateful that her hard work is appreciated and that you would recommend her as a therapist. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.