“You will eat too much” 4 of 5 bubbles

Leftbank Restaurant
Ranked #3 of 51 Restaurants in Egham
Price range: US$30 - US$36
Cuisines: European, British
Good for: Groups, Special Occasion Dining, Kids, Business meetings, Local cuisine, View, Child-friendly
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Buffet, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: At leftbank there are stunning views of the river Thames from wherever you're dining. Linger over gorgeous seasonal food all freshly cooked and served buffet-style so you can help yourself to a little bit of this, a lot of that...you can tuck into three, four or five courses! The food style is English with gorgeous international influences and it's all prepared freshly for you by people who love food. The wood-fired oven, rotisserie and hobs are always in action - a theatre of cooking right before your eyes.
London, United Kingdom
“You will eat too much”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 April 2014

If you register with them they send you special offers, £20 with glass of champaign, saving £15. For dinners.
So we only go on these days, always eat way too much
It's buffet style, lovely salads smoked salmon etc. mains chicken, beef stew ,pork salmon etc (no beef or lamb) lovely puddings, coffee is extra,
Lovely riverside setting,
The best Sunday buffet too, though We
have not been to that for a while.( be sure to book for this)
Service fabulous. Book outside table in the summer.

• Visited April 2014
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
therunnymede, Guest Relations Manager at Leftbank Restaurant, responded to this review, 11 April 2014
Thank you for your positive review of Leftbank and I am pleased that you enjoy the riverside location of the Leftbank and particularly visiting the restaurant when we have our special promotions available.
We do hope that you will visit us again in the summer for Sunday Lunch. I should just let you know though that due to popular demand the outdoor seating is only available on a first come first serve basis and is not available to pre-book as such.
We do look forward to welcoming you back soon.
Resident / Guest Relations Manager

“Perfection on a plate (and more)”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 April 2014 via mobile

I visited the Leftbank restaurant at the Runnymede-on-Thames in April 2014 after having visited the Lock restaurant a few times and the hotel itself for business. This time I came with my family and my expectation was exceeded. I know that the staff are always pleasant and well manner but this time they went out of their way to provide an exceptional evening. When we arrived we had a very nice drink in the lounge bar (where the staff were also extremely courteous and welcoming) then we moved to the leftbank restaurant. The staff transferred our drinks bill to the same tab without any hassle and Lorenzo gave us a brief tour of the buffet. The food looked delicious and the restaurant is ideally located, looking out on to the river but set back from the busy reception area. We were given a free glass of fizz on taking our seats at the table which was nice as we were celebrating a birthday. And the waiter was very knowledgeable on the wine list. The wine that he recommended was exceptionally tasty and matched our food well.

Then there was the food... To start there is a central island where you can sample a variety of dishes from taro crisps (a lovely take on normal potato crisps) to asparagus and rocket and potato salad. There was something for everyone and I could have gone up multiple times to feast on the delights of the cold food buffet.

And, then there was the hot food! The aromas of delicious pulled pork had got me from the moment I walked in. The hot food buffet itself is situated in front of a theatre kitchen so you can see the chefs preparing the food. I went for the pulled pork immediately and the friendly chef behind the buffet gave me more of the sauce to accompany the pork. I also samples the duck, the potato dish and the mixed vegetables. I wish I hadn't eaten lunch so I'd have been able to go up a second time to try out the whole sardines, the quail and the rustic flatbreads. There is even a fish station where I saw a man getting some fresh fish and then one of the chefs cooked it for him and took it over to his table. In addition to this there is a wonderful sauce station with things like red wine jus and olive tapenade.

Whilst eating our mains the chef from the theatre style kitchen was using quieter periods to come out into the restaurant and talk to his guests. He came to our table and asked us if we were enjoying the food (which we definitely were) and if he could get us anymore of any if the hot food. It was lovely to be able to talk to the chef that has prepared your food especially when it is as good as it was. It's rare you get to see the chefs in a restaurant's kitchen, let alone have a conversation with them and be able to ask what is cooked with certain dishes. The chef went on to talk to many other tables but he left us feeling like we'd had a special us-specific conversation with him.

Eventually we moved on to dessert. Again the choice was almost endless. There was rum and raisin cheesecake, creme brûlée and the most amazing meringues I'd ever tasted. There was also macaroons, millionaires shortbread, brownies, tarts and more. I could only manage one round of desert but I will definitely be back to tryout more of the delicious looking things that were on offer.

Our plates were cleared exactly when we wanted them gone and once we'd finished our wine the wine list was once again presented. Upon finishing our meals, we were asked if we wanted coffee. We asked if we could have it in the lounge bar as we wanted to sit somewhere a bit more relaxed to have our last drinks. Even the selection of teas and coffees was immense. We all chose something different, I had a lemon and ginger tea and Ana recommended I tried it with honey which I did and or was delicious. My mother had a latte and the froth of top was like a little tulip. Whoever makes the coffees - they are always much nicer than Starbucks!! The coffees were brought to our table in the lounge without any hassle and when we asked for the bill everything was correct except we realised we hadn't been charged for our glass of fizz. We mentioned this to our waiter Rob, who told us that it was a complimentary glass because there was an offer on at the moment.

In conclusion my family and I would heartily recommend the leftbank restaurant at the Runnymede-on-Thames and we will definitely be going back. We will be singing up to the newsletter to receive details of any offers they have in future and cannot wait to come again.

The only downside to the leftbank restaurant is if you're planning on breakfast the next day you might not want to, as it's so filling and the food is amazing you'll feel like you don't need to eat again for a few days.

All in all an easy 5 star review and I've found somewhere I'll definitely be returning to for business and pleasure.

Thankyou very much to all the staff at the leftbank and the Runnymede hotel!!

Thank you so much for such a stunning review. It goes without saying that I am delighted that you and your family had such a pleasant visit to the Leftbank and that everyone from Lorenzo, the Manager on duty to the Chef was helpful and friendly.
I have passed on your glowing feedback to the team and as you have mentioned Lorenzo by name he will be nominated for the for the employee of the quarter prize. I am sure that he and the rest of the team are pleased to see that another family occasion was spent in Leftbank and that there was something for everyone and that we will see you again soon.
Windsor, United Kingdom
“excellent, so much choice and quality”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 April 2014 via mobile

This is a resturant in a stunning riverside location
which offers a superb "all you can eat" experience!
The staff are welcoming, giving visitors a "guided tour" of the buffet area and escortring you to your table. The waiting staff are attentive and helpful.
A good wine list complements your meal and is reasonably priced. The food is wonderful, a huge array of starters makes descision making hard and we visited the buffet twice just for the starters!
The main courses are delicious and served by the chef who also circulates among the diners to ensure all is well. Although we didnt try any, the chef will cook fresh fish indevidually for you. On the day we visited the knowlageable chef was very helpful and was happy to explain the ingredients used and the cooking methods employed for the various main dishes.
If you manage to save enough room the deserts are out of this world and are not to be missed!
We finished our meal with coffee and full tummies!
All in all a very nice place to go with a highly polished team providing excelent service to complement the pleantyful and delisious food. We will be back! t

Visited April 2014
Thank you for your glowing review of the Leftbank. I am pleased that you enjoyed the restaurant’s riverside location and the wide variety of food available. I am also glad that the team were eager to help you by guiding you around the buffet and the Chef helpful and knowledgeable about the ingredients in the dishes on offer. The desserts are indeed scrumptious.
I have passed on your kind comments to the entire team in the Leftbank as it is always nice for them to receive positive feedback.
We look forward to welcoming you back soon.
Surrey, UK
“Wonderful food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 March 2014

Been here a few times and the food is always fresh and tasty. The main meal is served from the hot counter and always has a good selection of meats, fish and vegetarian options.

• Visited October 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
therunnymede, Guest Relations Manager at Leftbank Restaurant, responded to this review, 16 March 2014
Thank you for your review of Leftbank, the runnymede-on-thames’ buffet style restaurant and I am glad that you always find the food here fresh and tasty with a good selection of meats, fish and vegetarian options.
We look forward to welcoming you back to the Leftbank very soon.
Craig Spencer
Resident / Guest Relations Manager.
Staines, United Kingdom
“So much to eat!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 January 2014

Had a variety of reasons to dine at the leftbank, romantic dinner with husband, dining with friends for a birthday treat and a spoiled pamper weekend with best friend... Each time, meal has come up trumps!
Highly recommended in my opinion!

• Visited August 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
therunnymede, Guest Relations Manager at Leftbank Restaurant, responded to this review, 20 January 2014
Thank you for your great review of Leftbank and I am so pleased that you have found so many reasons to dine with us and that each time the food has come up trumps.
We look forward to your next visit.