“Can't wait to come again!”

Leftbank Restaurant
Ranked #4 of 54 Restaurants in Egham
Price range: US$33 - US$40
Cuisines: European
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Buffet, Reservations
Description: At leftbank there are stunning views of the river Thames from wherever you're dining. Linger over gorgeous seasonal food all freshly cooked and served buffet-style so you can help yourself to a little bit of this, a lot of that...you can tuck into three, four or five courses! The food style is English with gorgeous international influences and it's all prepared freshly for you by people who love food. The wood-fired oven, rotisserie and hobs are always in action - a theatre of cooking right before your eyes.
Reviewed 16 August 2014

Our local lunch club came to Runnymede in August and had a wonderful buffet in the Left Bank. Would recommend it to anyone, but please book well in advance! Great value, brilliant food and lots of it, and courteous staff.. Well done Runnymede. See you again very soon!

Runnymede_Manager, Guest Relations Manager at Leftbank Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 22 August 2014

Thank you so much for your glowing review of Leftbank. I am pleased that your lunch club enjoyed the food offering in Leftbank finding plenty of choice and brilliant food.
I am also glad that you found the team here courteous and that you will revisit the restaurant very soon.

Reviewed 14 August 2014

Go hungry. The choice of foods, the quality and service were brilliant .... and you can eat as much as you like! Freshly cooked ... speechless!!!!!

Runnymede_Manager, Guest Relations Manager at Leftbank Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 16 August 2014

Thank you for your glowing review of the Leftbank at the runnymede and I am so pleased that you thought the choice, quality of food and service were brilliant.
We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 9 August 2014

Another great buffet meal with friends. A nice choice of starters, superb main courses from beef, sweet'n'sour, various veggies - including great veggy options... and freshly cooked to order shell fish etc.

A great variety of puddings - nice to see something more interesting than the usual offering in other venues...

My only negative is a rather boring selection of cheeses - cheddar, stilton and brie - nothing wrong with them, but I'm sure they could offer something slightly more interesting. Also the waiting staff, although efficient and friendly need a tad more training on pouring wine... don't really expect my wine to be spilt.

But value for money and quality is very good.

Oh and on a great summer evening, sitting outside on the banks of the Thames with friends is just perfect!

Thank you for your great feedback on the Leftbank and I am pleased that you found the selection on offer superb with lots of choice and a great variety of homemade puddings.
I have passed on your feedback to the Head Chef regarding the cheese offering and your feedback regarding the training of some of the waiters to the Leftbank Manager.
However, I am pleased that overall you enjoyed your visit and being able to sit on the terrace overlooking the river Thames in the evening.
We look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 6 August 2014

Five of us had booked for lunch at the Left Bank restaurant of the Runneymede Hotel Egham. We didnt know at the time that lunch was at the promotional price of £20 a head which included a glass of Sangria. There was plenty to choose from. We started with seafood, consisting of large peeled prawns, smoked salmon, smoked mackeral, shushi, and a rice cocktail of calamari, mussels, and peppers. The main course was a selection of hot meat and veg, but I elected to have a second go at the starters accompanied by a salad. Then I indulged in a sticky toffee pudding for afters accompanied by a cream brulee and soft fruit. All this was washed down with a bottle of Spanish red, which was pricey for what it was. Then a coffee all round finished off a jolly good meal which lasted 2 hours plus. Will we go again - emphatically Yes!

2  Thank Don D

Thank you for your review of the Leftbank restaurant. I am so pleased that you enjoyed your meal and the special offer of £20 per person inclusive of with a glass of Sangria.
I have passed on your comments regarding the food choice to the Head Chef as it is always nice to receive such positive feedback and I’m glad you enjoyed the variety.
I am sorry though that you thought the wine was a little pricey.
I am so pleased that you would definitely return to the runnymede but am confused as your overall rating for the visit is 1 out of 5. Hopefully this was a mistake and if so it would be great if you could amend your rating.

Reviewed 2 August 2014

We were staying at the hotel which exceeded our expectations too. Dinner was included and we were expecting a general Buffet style selection of food so delighted that the food was fresh and delicious and seafood was cooked to order. Gary was amazing as our server. We will definitely be back to eat here and stay here again.

Thank you for your review of the Leftbank restaurant and I am so pleased that the hotel and food offering in Leftbank exceeded your expectations.
I am pleased that you enjoyed the food and thought that Gary was amazing. Due to your feedback Gary has been automatically nominated for the Employee of the Quarter award at the hotel.
We look forward to your next visit to us.