“Brilliant Birthday Meal”

Caffe Gondola
Ranked #10 of 52 Restaurants in Egham
Price range: US$14 - US$27
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Kids, Business meetings, Child-friendly, Groups, Cheap Eats
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
London, United Kingdom
“Brilliant Birthday Meal”
Reviewed 12 July 2013

Organised a party for 18 people to celebrate my wife's birthday. Selection of food was excellent, and service efficient and friendly as always. Portions generous (a little too generous for my middle aged tummy) and all arrived together, which can't be easy for a party this size. In particular I would like to thank the manager Arjan for organising, chef for the food, and Nadia who who was our main waitress. They also do coffee and light snacks which can be taken on their patio out front. We'll be back.

• Visited July 2013

Egham, United Kingdom
“Summer Lunchtime!”
Reviewed 6 July 2013

We've just been back to Caffe Gondola, Egham and enjoyed their special lunch menu (two courses for £9.95, served 12noon - 3pm, Monday to Saturday). This is such great value!! My friend and I both had the roast goat's cheese salad starter and then I had an Hawaiian Pizza and my friend an Insalata Nicoise. Both were gorgeous and we were able to sit outside in the sunshine which was an added bonus. Lovely staff who can't do enough for you.

• Visited July 2013
Chatham, United Kingdom
“Lovely Italian”
Reviewed 27 June 2013

Came here with a group of friends for an end of term dinner, as we wanted somewhere we'd not been before, and the menu looked decent value for money. Drinks orders were taken promptly, and and our food orders were taken about 15 minutes after we arrived. The service was excellent, and our meals arrived within half an hour of us ordering them. I had the spaghetti carbonara, which which was excellent, and my friends were also satisfied with their various meals. The waiting staff were efficient and polite without being overbearing, and were very accommodating when we wanted to pay separately, which involving creating new bills for all 8 of us! Overall, I would definitely recommend Caffe Gondola for the delicious food and good value for money.

• Visited December 2012
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“meraviglioso pasto”
Reviewed 26 June 2013 via mobile

I went thier based on the reviews I read on tripadvisor, I did regret the experience. Wonderful Resturant...

• Visited June 2013
Egham, United Kingdom
“Average food, poor service”
Reviewed 29 April 2013

Recently moved to Egham and thought i give Gondola a try with a few colleagues during our lunch break. Big restaurant with very few people inside was the first clue. The waitress was very pleasant, but for some reasons the guy who appeared to be in charge or the owner started shouting at her for something she may have done wrong. Then he started arguing with one of the chefs in a foreign language (no expert in languages, but certainly weren't Italian - so much for an Italian restaurant and food!). Unfortunately from that point on, we didn't want to continue with our food, so finished as quickly as we could and left never to return again. Tip for the owner/manager: never argue with your staff in front of the clients!

• Visited March 2013