“A Fine Breakfast”

Caffe Gondola
Ranked #10 of 52 Restaurants in Egham
Price range: US$14 - US$27
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Kids, Business meetings, Child-friendly, Cheap Eats, Romantic, Groups
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Brunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Egham, United Kingdom
“A Fine Breakfast”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 June 2014

We've eaten here many times but only just begun to sample the breakfast. It's really good -and good value for money!! This is such a nice restaurant with a really good atmosphere, such a warm welcome whenever we come and a really high standard of cuisine - English and Italian! Generous portions and served with such kindness and care. Thank you all.

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank JMA56

London, United Kingdom
“Good food, great service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 April 2014

Interesting reading other reviews, some people seem to have been very unlucky ... We pop in here probably once a month, and never had a bad meal or poor service. I find the portions to be more than suffient and sometimes share with my wife, but depends on your appetite I guess. I find all meals, pasta, steaks and particularly fish are well done. My only suggestion would be that could do with more healthy pasta options. Most seem to feature cream rather than tomato based sauces, but again that's a personal lifestyle view. Kiss of death recommending a place normally, but I'll certainly be back.

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank spikefromsurrey
Birmingham, United Kingdom
“Nice italian”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 April 2014

we went here, the staff were really friendly. they had nice wine and food although there wasn't a big selection and portions on the smaller side. I would go again though however.

Visited April 2014
Cambridge, United Kingdom
“Worst restaurant experience ever!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 March 2014

I eat out quite regular and I would NEVER eat hear again. Very disappointing! Went with my parents and sister. The mussels to start were so hot as had too much fresh chilli which was over powering. We made a comment to the waitress and the chef sent a message back saying the mussels are on fire! My sister and I both had salmon for main and it was served in a creamy sauce and it had chopped chilli mine actually had (25 large pieces of chilli to be precise)! It would have been 2 x whole red chilli's which was too hot to eat! We spoke to the manager and in stead of just apologising he decided in a very loud voice talking over me trying to justify that that is how they cook. I said there is too much chilli for the delicate salmon. But he continued to shout and try to justify it, saying he has been a chef too, for 17 years! This confrontation lasted for 10mins (all this whilst my parents are eating their meals) where he wouldn't listen to what I was trying to say! It was his very poor attitude and very aggressive approach towards us which spoiled our evening more than anything and my parents in their 70's was very upset by him shouting. He did take the meal off the bill, however if he had just said, 'I'm sorry it was too hot for you, would you like me to change meal, or take it off the bill' I would have been happy with how he handled the situation. But instead he decided to very loudly try to justify it in a very aggressive manner which was totally unacceptable, and for that reason I would never go back. If his customer care had been different our evening would have been different.

• Visited February 2014
Chester, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Fantastic breakfast ....”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 February 2014

Highly recommend cafe gondola for its breakfast. Arrived at midday and for £6.95 we have just had the most enormous breakfast, lovely service and good quality food. Lovely italian restuarant in Egham highstreet.