“My chicken in my dish was raw”
Review of Rose and Crown

Rose and Crown
Ranked #7 of 52 Restaurants in Egham
Cuisines: Bar, British, Pub
Good for: Groups, Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining, Kids, Bar Scene, Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Brunch, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Our beautiful "chocolate box" pub is set in the lush, green countryside of Thorpe and is everything a good, traditional English pub should be and we're proud of what we've achieved. We serve delicious food all day, everyday!
Windsor, United Kingdom
“My chicken in my dish was raw”
Reviewed 26 July 2014

I've been here many times. As I really enjoy the atmosphere and food. This experience was very different. Some of the chicken in my dish was raw. I was so disappointed as yes the manager came over and told me a its like that because veins dont cook. The chicken was raw in the middle. I come from a very high experience customer service job and the way it was dealt with was awful. No sorry or even offered a free drink while I wait for another dish to get cooked. Any other time it has been great but felt the lack of customer service after something like that with your meal wasn't at a high standard.

• Visited June 2014
2 Thank kat1109
Barons D, General Manager at Rose and Crown, responded to this review, 28 July 2014
I am so sorry that you had a bad experience dining with us recently and felt that your complaint was not handled correctly. We obviously take such comments extremely seriously and as such I would welcome the opportunity to discuss the matter with you in more detail. Please can you call the pub on 01344 845154 and ask for me, Nick Avenell the General Manager or email me your contact details to : manager.roseandcrown@baronspubs.com and I will then call you directly. Many thanks in anticipation, Nick

London, England, United Kingdom
“Delicious Ribs!”
Reviewed 25 July 2014

We ate here one evening this week and it was amazing! We chose the ribs and were very impressed with the plateful we got - we didn't even order the "mountain", just the ordinary serving for £13.95. The sauce was delicious and the chips and coleslaw complimented the ribs perfectly. The waitress, Ashleigh, was very kind and patient with us, always smiling. The menu was very varied with plenty of vegetarian choices and some smaller dishes for smaller appetites. The summer special Pimms was also delicious with plenty of fruit. There is plenty of seating, indoors and out and nobody had to wait long for their order. A lovely meal overall - highly recommended! Will definitely go back again and again :-)

• Visited July 2014
Barons L, Public Relations Manager at Rose and Crown, responded to this review, 23 August 2014
Fantastic. Pleased to hear you had a good time at The Rose & Crown. We pride ourselves on our slow-cooked ribs, so delighted to hear you enjoyed them. :) We'll make sure Ashleigh hears your comments, and look forward to welcoming you back soon.
Greater London, United Kingdom
“Excellent Food”
Reviewed 13 July 2014 via mobile

Have eaten at this Pub many times, and hit has been great consistently. They offer a good variety of traditional pub food, good choice of meat, some unusual pub food such as Fajitas, .. they also provide specials on a regular basis, although these are sometimes a bit too creative.
During summer there is good outside seating in their garden.
Whatever you eat, suggest you leave room for their deserts, the white chocolate cheese is my favorite, but all other deserts are also highly recommended.

Visited June 2014
Barons L, Public Relations Manager at Rose and Crown, responded to this review, 14 July 2014
Thank you for this review, and your lovely comments. You might be interested to hear that our specials menus are getting a new focus at the mo, with a new role looking specifically at food development. We're really excited about this, so come back and try the new specials again soon!
Egham, United Kingdom
“Excellent”
Reviewed 3 July 2014

We held a company reunion and blocked off half of the pub from 1200 until 2000 as we expected up to 100 to attend.
In the end it was over 100 and although the weather was awful everybody had a great time.
The staff on duty were fabulous and very accommodating with people ordering bar snacks during the afternoon and about 16 of us stayed for dinner at 1930.
All in all everybody commented on how good the venue, the service and the food was.
We will definitely be arranging the same for next year.

• Visited June 2014
Barons L, Public Relations Manager at Rose and Crown, responded to this review, 8 July 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write this review. Delighted that you were well looked after; we'll be passing your comments on to Nick and the Team.
Plymouth, United Kingdom
“Lovely pub”
Reviewed 2 July 2014

Very nice food - we had the sausages and mash and the fish and chips. Very good quality and good portion-size. Burgers and fajitas looked amazing, may try them next time! Nice big beer garden and would definitely recommend

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank tiahleigh
Great review thank you! Hope to see you back there again soon. :)