“Thank you Rose & Crown”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Rose and Crown

Rose and Crown
Ranked #6 of 52 Restaurants in Egham
Cuisines: Bar, British, Pub
Good for: Groups, Special Occasion Dining, Bar Scene, Kids, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Child-friendly, Cheap Eats
Dining options: Dinner, Brunch, Lunch, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Our beautiful "chocolate box" pub is set in the lush, green countryside of Thorpe and is everything a good, traditional English pub should be and we're proud of what we've achieved. We serve delicious food all day, everyday!
Addlestone, United Kingdom
“Thank you Rose & Crown”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 August 2014

We rang at 7.30pm on a Saturday to see if a table was available and were surprised to get one at such short notice in this popular pub. We arrived at 8pm at a very busy time, (almost a controlled frenzy!) and were shown a table within a couple of minutes and drinks brought to us. We shared a starter of crispy duck & bacon flatbread and then had Loin of Pork and Calves Liver, both of which were excellent. For dessert we had Pecan Pie and White Chocolate and Raspberry Cheesecake and again excellent. Service was friendly and attentive, the atmosphere and the whole look of the pub pleasing. Although a very busy evening the mainly young staff are obviously well trained and know what they are doing. Full marks to the Rose & Crown and we won't leave it until the next anniversary before we come again.

• Visited August 2014
Barons L, Public Relations Manager at Rose and Crown, responded to this review, 23 August 2014
Thank you! We will definitely make sure Nick and his team hear your comments. Pleased to hear that you enjoyed your anniversary, and hope to see you back at The Rose & Crown again soon.

UK
“Disappointing in most respects”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2014

My first visit for some time proved very disappointing. Perhaps there has been a change of management. Ten minute wait to be served (pub not particularly busy), then barrel was being changed and a further ten minutes (and two more chases) before my pint of Ringwood arrived. The beer was very poor - not well kept. Long wait for food - average fayre overall. Horrid chips.
One bright spot was the veggie burger. Won't be going back.

• Visited July 2014
Barons D, Public Relations Manager at Rose and Crown, responded to this review, 2 September 2014
Dear Deaddogsdick
Really sorry, that all sounds very unsatisfactory and I can understand your annoyance. I will talk it through with Nick the General Manager at the pub and try to find out why we were having such a bad day. Thanks for your kind comments about the veggie burger, we do hope you will be back to give us another try and for us to prove that we can do better.
Windsor, United Kingdom
“My chicken in my dish was raw”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 July 2014

I've been here many times. As I really enjoy the atmosphere and food. This experience was very different. Some of the chicken in my dish was raw. I was so disappointed as yes the manager came over and told me a its like that because veins dont cook. The chicken was raw in the middle. I come from a very high experience customer service job and the way it was dealt with was awful. No sorry or even offered a free drink while I wait for another dish to get cooked. Any other time it has been great but felt the lack of customer service after something like that with your meal wasn't at a high standard.

• Visited June 2014
2 Thank kat1109
Barons D, General Manager at Rose and Crown, responded to this review, 28 July 2014
I am so sorry that you had a bad experience dining with us recently and felt that your complaint was not handled correctly. We obviously take such comments extremely seriously and as such I would welcome the opportunity to discuss the matter with you in more detail. Please can you call the pub on 01344 845154 and ask for me, Nick Avenell the General Manager or email me your contact details to : manager.roseandcrown@baronspubs.com and I will then call you directly. Many thanks in anticipation, Nick
London, England, United Kingdom
“Delicious Ribs!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 July 2014

We ate here one evening this week and it was amazing! We chose the ribs and were very impressed with the plateful we got - we didn't even order the "mountain", just the ordinary serving for £13.95. The sauce was delicious and the chips and coleslaw complimented the ribs perfectly. The waitress, Ashleigh, was very kind and patient with us, always smiling. The menu was very varied with plenty of vegetarian choices and some smaller dishes for smaller appetites. The summer special Pimms was also delicious with plenty of fruit. There is plenty of seating, indoors and out and nobody had to wait long for their order. A lovely meal overall - highly recommended! Will definitely go back again and again :-)

• Visited July 2014
Fantastic. Pleased to hear you had a good time at The Rose & Crown. We pride ourselves on our slow-cooked ribs, so delighted to hear you enjoyed them. :) We'll make sure Ashleigh hears your comments, and look forward to welcoming you back soon.
Greater London, United Kingdom
“Excellent Food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 July 2014 via mobile

Have eaten at this Pub many times, and hit has been great consistently. They offer a good variety of traditional pub food, good choice of meat, some unusual pub food such as Fajitas, .. they also provide specials on a regular basis, although these are sometimes a bit too creative.
During summer there is good outside seating in their garden.
Whatever you eat, suggest you leave room for their deserts, the white chocolate cheese is my favorite, but all other deserts are also highly recommended.

Visited June 2014
Barons L, Public Relations Manager at Rose and Crown, responded to this review, 14 July 2014
Thank you for this review, and your lovely comments. You might be interested to hear that our specials menus are getting a new focus at the mo, with a new role looking specifically at food development. We're really excited about this, so come back and try the new specials again soon!