“Great place and food is brilliant”
Review of Loch Fyne - Egham

Loch Fyne - Egham
Ranked #13 of 54 Restaurants in Egham
Price range: US$42 - US$87
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 2 September 2014

If you love fish this is the place to be! possibly one of the best restaurants in the area and highly recomended for family and professional dinners.

1  Thank b2012008

Reviewed 21 August 2014 via mobile

Service misses. Upon reception at a less than full main dining room , I was told our party of 5 could be accommodated but to expect slow food service. Hostess was stressed - less than a warm reception set the tone for service.

Food was very good to excellent. Enjoyed a great French Sauvignon Blanc and the seafood tower for 5 business travelers to share. Seafood tagliatelle was excellent. All seafood served was amazingly fresh - I would recommend a visit based on seafood quality alone. Single malt menu was great and enjoyed my most in our party.

Overall, fare was very good to excellent. Food waits were perfectly fine. Service was not adequate as waits for check and beverage follow up was not respectable. Give it a try.

1  Thank Emgen88
Reviewed 11 August 2014

First time at Egham, the restaurant was not busy so good choice of table available. The staff gave a warm welcome and were friendly and helpful through out our visit, I had the fish soup which was delightful, very rich in flavour. This was followed by the lobster which was gorgeous although a bit messy as you have to crack open the claws. This amused my husband no end as he liked that I had to work for my lunch. He had the chilli prawns followed by the smoked haddock, colcannon and poached egg. He said it was very nice. The only disappointment was the desserts, there is not a great selection although what we has was nice there wasn't the wow factor. Overall a good experience and with our gourmet card we got 25% off. I always enjoy Loch Fyne the fish is always great.

3  Thank Michelle D
Reviewed 5 August 2014

We visited for the first time on a Sunday and were impressed. The food was lovely and the service was good. Staff were helpful and knew about the meals when asked some questions. I would go back and feel that the service we received was good and food was lovely.

2  Thank Charlotte108
Reviewed 4 August 2014

This is the first time we've been back to the Egham branch of Loch Fyne in a long time, after a previously poor experience, sad to say it hasn't improved much.
The good; Most of the meals eaten by our party of 8 were nice, not amazing, but nice and the childrens food is good, however the peas had clearly either been microwaved or sat on a hotplate for a lifetime. Also our waitress was lovely and very cheerful and polite.
The Bad; Extremely slow service, even with 3 people having starters it took an hour and half for the main courses to arrive from when we sat down.
I had the Moules which I used to love as it had a creamy garlicy sauce but last night it was watery and tasteless.
Overall we have great experiences at the Loch Fynne chain but sadly not at this branch. We won't be going back to Egham but would still recommend Windsor or Henley.