“Fishing and family fun!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Carricks at Castle Farm

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Dereham
Carricks at Castle Farm
Ranked #3 of 8 Dereham B&B and Inns
London, United Kingdom
“Fishing and family fun!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 January 2014

We stayed here during Jan 2014. The guest house was amazing. It is located in the middle of a working farm next to river Wensom which is great fun to explore with the children. Inside the farm house it was pure luxury. We loved the Carrick room with its free standing bath and our two children shared the Carrick fox room. We also had our own fridge which was great for a tipple or two. We relaxed and played games in the drawing room with an open fire and ate two amazing breakfasts with local produce. We ate in one evening and we were treated to local sauages and mash with homemade crepes and chocolate sauce for the children and the most delicious lemon meringue pie I'd ever had (sorry Aunty Lin!) The house was filled with historic family photos and ornaments with views from every room of the countryside and river. A fantastic place to stay either as a couple or a family. Also it is a short walk to the Darby public house which is great fun at night with a torch!

Room Tip: Carricks and Carricks fox rooms are ideal for a family. Carricks Fox isn't an ensuite room but t...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Colchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 September 2013

Staying here in August 2013 for a wedding in nearby Gressenhall, I had the best B&B experience I've had so far. The house is part of a working farm so there are cows and sheep but also a welcoming dog, a roving flock of geese (with goslings when I was there), a farm cat curled up on the farmhouse backdoor step, a formal garden and a a meadow-like lawn running down to a river. All this completely at my disposal.
I watched dragonflies dance on the river as the sun set and listened to birds all around me, I think you can fish further down the river. Heavenly spot. then there's the room themselves. I stayed in the Carrick Room. I was so lucky...as a single traveller I often get the smallest room. At Carrick's Farm I got, I think, the biggest! A canopied bed, antique/ family pieces of furniture, windows all round overlooking both the garden and down to the river, a roll top bath with a drench shower over, marble units...I could go on. But I don't need to.
With a warm welcome from Jean, the best room I've ever stayed in a B&B,stunning rural location (you might need a satnav in this part of the world, I did) breakfast at an enormous but friendly table with fellow travellers the next morning, my stay at Carrick's was 5*.
Thank you Jean.

Room Tip: The Carrick Room is stunning - huge, views that are perfect, roll top bath with drench shower!
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank redballet
Winchester, Hants.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 August 2013

stayed here last week on a fishing trip with 7 friends. 5 star food: evening meal was salmon en croute the best I have eaten, good breakfast menu. Service was very friendly and helpful, it was like being a guest in a private house furnished with family antiques. Lovely rooms with great views and bathrooms. Looking forward to my nest visit.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank Peter636
Market Harborough, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 July 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for one night whilst attending a wedding at Hunters Hall. This B&B isn't cheap but the rooms was lovely with beautiful aspects from both windows. Our bathroom was quite small with no bath, but the shower was lovely. Bed linen was of a good quality and there were some nice finishing touches such as homemade cookies and bag of toiletries in the bathroom. Breakfast was freshly cooked to a high standard with local produce and there was plenty of fresh fruit and home made jams and marmalade as well as a plentiful supply of coffee. Just wish we'd stayed another night to explore the local area more fully.

Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
Southampton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 July 2013

We stayed in just one night, and wished we could have stayed longer. An idilic farmhouse in a rural location next to the river, surrounded by farm animals. Traditional farmhouse, with an eclective selection of rooms and furnishings. The owner was super helpful and friendly and was only too happy to stop and chat to us. Tiny bit slow on the breakfast front, particularly given we'd placed our orders and times the previous day, and also that our baby wasn't really keen on waiting, but when they did arrive they were perfect. Sausages from the farm butchery, good bacon, homemade preserves. The owner even offered to help me with my daughter while I had my breakfast. Casual checking out time (which worked brilliantly for us) and a very relaxed atmosphere.The farm is also pretty 'green' too, with a real feel they actually care about the environment. Can't really think how this could have been better.

Room Tip: Carrick Fox room doesn't have a 'en suite' as such, but does have your own private showe...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Grosse Ile, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 July 2013

My husband & I were on a 36 day tour of the UK - staying at 22 different locations - Carricks at Castle Farm was our last B&B before flying home to the US. It was, by far, the most beautiful, peaceful, relaxing way to end our fabulous trip. Jean was amazing, not only as our hostess, but her meals were exquisite and her friendship, priceless. Jean and her assistant, Carol, with their attention and warmth, made us feel like we were family. The garden & grounds were gorgeous, our room was beautiful and the bath was excellent. The next time we travel to the UK, Carricks will be our first choice.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
Greater London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 June 2013

A wonderful location, quiet but all attractions within easy reach.
Jean and her helpers were very welcoming and nothing was too much trouble..
Dylan the dog was always pleased to see us as well (but not boisterous).

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dereham
The Romany Rye Hotel
#2 of 8 in Dereham
Glendower House
Glendower House
#8 of 8 in Dereham

Been to Carricks at Castle Farm? Share your experiences!