Chateau Impney Hotel & Exhibition Centre
Good 3.5/5
Grafton Manor(Bromsgrove)
  • Restaurant
1,209 results
All reviewsmain buildinghill climbsandwichesamazing buildinggrand ballroomcorbett suitebeautiful groundsexecutive roombirthday treatbuffet styletea and coffeefood was lovelysunday lunchone night staya lovely staycourse mealold building
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 3 January 2014

First time ever I have written something negative and have travelled extensively. Staying local to have a treat before returning to work turned out to be a Very Disappointing Afternoon Tea,
I specifically requested plain scones when booking and after being assured this would be fine, we were surprised to be informed they only ever have fruit scones. When we asked if they could be replaced with something else, we were told we would have other cakes anyway!! We had to return a dirty fork!!! Having made our choice of sandwiches the order arrived wrong !!!! By this time we were so disappointed we made do and the whole thing was becoming embarrassing. Then we had to get up to search for someone to top up our tea pot!!!! There was a hole in the arm of the chair, the wall paper was peeling off the walls.
What was supposed to be a treat before returning to work was awful. Would not recommend and won't be returning.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
Ben E, Manager at Chateau Impney Hotel & Exhibition Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 10 January 2014

Dear Goget,

Thank you for your recent review of your visit to Chateau Impney, outlining your Afternoon Tea experience. I am disappointed to read your comments as we constantly strive to ensure all of our guests receive the best possible standards of service, and quality of food. I have made our Food & Beverage team aware of your comments so that corrective action warranted may be taken swiftly.

If you would be so kind as to let us have your contact details, I shall pass these on to Ian Gelling, Food & Beverage Manager, so that he may speak to, and try to convince you to return to experience Afternoon Tea again with us, for which we have received very positive comments from many of our guests.

Thank you again for your comments, and I hope we can welcome you back to the Chateau in the near future.

Neil D'Souza

Reviewed 3 January 2014

Yesterday my friend tried to reserve a table for lunch only to be told that it was first come first served. When we arrived however we found that most of the tables were reserved already...for afternoon tea!

We did find a rather poor table next to the bar. I ordered fish cakes. My friend a plough mans. And a glass of white wine each. The wine arrived at room temperature. The fish cakes were just about warm enough. The Chips were nearly cold. There were no condiments or butter on the table. We requested these and some packets of butter were handed over the bar, not on a plate, with a 'there you go guys!' This to two ladies of a certain age!

This is a pleasant place to go to in summer when one can sit out and enjoy the lovely terrace. Today it was decidedly underwhelming and we will not return.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
Ben E, Manager at Chateau Impney Hotel & Exhibition Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 7 January 2014

Dear Chris F,

Thank you for your recent review of your visit to Chateau Impney. I was disappointed to read that you did not enjoy your Lunch experience with us; generally the feedback we receive regarding meals taken at the Chateau is very positive. I note your comments regarding the temperature of the wine, fish cakes and the chips that were served. The lack of condiments and the manner in which they were served is disappointing to hear about as well, as we constantly strive to ensure all of our guests receive the best possible standards of service. I have made our Food & Beverage team aware of your feedback so that corrective action warranted may be taken swiftly. If you would be so kind as to let us have your contact details, Ian Gelling, Food & Beverage Manager, would be happy to speak to and try to convince you to return to the hotel for a meal in the future, so that you have an enjoyable experience..

Neil D'Souza

Reviewed 2 January 2014 via mobile

Surprised my partner for his birthday with a 1 night stay. Really attentive staff, excellent service and food. Stayed in a chateau room which had been refurbed - was really spacious, well decorated and furnished.
Had a meal in the restaurant, was cooked to perfection although a little pricey.
Would recommend if u want a relaxing break.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Ben E, General Manager at Chateau Impney Hotel & Exhibition Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 3 January 2014

Dear kbayo

Thank you for your recent review of your stay at Chateau Impney. I was delighted to read that both you and your partner enjoyed his birthday surprise treat at the hotel. I was very pleased to read that you found your room spacious, our staff attentive and you meal in our newly refurbished Impney Restaurant & Bar to be 'cooked to perfection'.

Thank you again for your feedback and I hope we have the opportunity to welcome you both back to the Chateau in the near future.

Reviewed 1 January 2014

We were a party of 10 looking for a venue to celebrate New Years Eve and stay over. Chateau Imphey was chosen for this year. I must admit we were rather apprehensive about the package as it was such a low price. Anyhow as it turned out the package was truly wonderful and none of us have found anything to complain about!
The staff were incredibly helpful and service was worthy of the best around. As for the food it was excellent and certainly well exceeded our expectations. We were not able to get a room within the main building and stayed in one of the out buildings. OK it wasn't 5 stars but we had a great night sleep after dancing well into the early hours which was what mattered.
I can't comment on conferences and normal stays, but for the New Years Eve do, it was perfect and we couldn't have wished for more.

Room Tip: I am informed the rooms within the chateau are really nice.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
Ben E, General Manager at Chateau Impney Hotel & Exhibition Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 2 January 2014

Dear DavidF888

Thank you for your recent review of your stay at Chateau Impney on New Years Eve. I was delighted to read that your party thoroughly enjoyed both the evening gala and your overnight stay with us. I was present at the gala and I am very pleased to report that everybody I spoke to on the night felt similarly to your party. I have passed your kind words to both my food & beverage team and our Executive Chef to feed back to his team.

I would like to wish you a very happy new year and thank you again for your comments. I hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back to the Chateau in the near future.

Reviewed 1 January 2014

My wife and I stayed for a night between Christmas and New Year and enjoyed our stay however there were a couple of things that prevented a 'nice' stay from being an excellent one.

When we arrived check in was quick and efficient and the receptionist was extremely pleasant even offering us help to our room with our bags, we didn't need any help but it was a nice touch.
The room (703) on the front of the main building was spotless and warm although a little small. The bathroom was roomy with a comfortable bed and a nice big shower, my wife would have liked a bath but I prefer showers so I was happy! The only criticism of the room was that there was nowhere to put small belongings, there were two small tables that already had things on them, an empty table or unit would have been useful.

We went to the bar for a drink before dinner and found that we were the only people in there and the room was a little on the chilly side.
We had booked a table for dinner at 8pm and when we arrived, on time, we were asked to take a seat in the waiting area even though there were empty tables in the restaurant. We sat for about 20 minutes in the waiting area which unfortunately is a corridor that gives access to the kitchen and we were continually having to move our legs to allow staff going to and from the kitchen to get past.

The restaurant was bright and nicely decorated and the staff were courteous and helpful.
We both ordered steaks for our main meal and when they arrived they were served on a cold board and the steaks themselves were cold. We pointed this out to the restaurant manager who was apologetic and took the steaks away to have them reheated, unfortunately when they returned although they were hot my medium steak was now well done. On the whole the meal, we had starters, mains and desserts was enjoyable if a little small on portion size for the prices charged.
After dinner, around 10pm we decided to go back upto the bar for a drink prior to going to bed and were disappointed to find the room in darkness and the shutters down so we went to bed rather early on a night away!

Breakfast the following morning was fine with good quality food on offer and the restaurant staff were as good as the previous evening. My only gripe would be is that coffee and tea are self served from large jugs on the breakfast tables where we would have preferred our own pots on the table to save making repeated journeys to the jugs.
Again on checkout the receptionist was pleasant and offered us help with our luggage.

The grounds are lovely and we expect that they would be even better in the summer.

All in all we enjoyed our stay however the issues mentioned above, although only minor, prevented an enjoyable stay from being an excellent one and considering the prices charged for a stay such issues should not occur. That said we would recommend the hotel and would stay again ourselves.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank markledo

Dear markledo

Thank you for your recent review of your stay at Chateau Impney. I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay and that you found our staff courteous and helpful. I have noted your comments regarding the minor issues you experienced in our new Impney Restaurant & Bar and I have made my food & beverage team aware so that should any corrective training be warranted it can be carried out swiftly.

I would like to wish you a happy new year and thank you again for your feedback, it is vital to us in our efforts to consistently strive to improve the levels of service which we provide to our valued customers.