“Beautiful place” 4 of 5 bubbles

Chateau Impney Hotel & Exhibition Centre
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Droitwich
“Beautiful place”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 March 2014

Stopped here for one night on a group on deal. The chateau looks stunning and on entering was very impressed with the reception area. Got booked into our room with no fuss, the only grumble I had was when I handed my credit card over they took £40 out of my account for verification !!! I have stop in many hotels were they take your credit card details for verification and in case of any breakables or use of mini bar etc. but never had £40 taken out my account before.
The room we had was quite small but everything in it was real quality from the bed to the en-suite bathroom and the shower.
Had a drink in the Grand bar which was lovely and relaxing and not to expensive, the service was good and the afternoon teas they were serving looked good value for money.
We ate in the restaurant in the evening and again it was very nice. I had French onion soup, calves liver and my wife had salmon to start and a Sunday roast. the food was lovely and I thought not over priced.
The bed at night was very comfortable although would have preferred a choice of pillows.
Breakfast was very good, cereal, yoghurt, and cooked breakfast buffet choice of bacon, sausage, mushrooms, tomatoes, hash browns, beans and toast plus tea or coffee. Very good.
A very good night well worth the money but star of the show is the chateaus architecture and the beautiful wooden staircase a fantastic building beautiful outside and beautiful inside.
Excellent will be looking to stop again sometime in the future.

1 Thank redwiz69
Ben E, General Manager at Chateau Impney Hotel & Exhibition Centre, responded to this review, 25 March 2014
Dear redwiz69

Thank you for your recent review of your stay at Chateau Impney. I was delighted to read your feedback, especially regarding your recently refurbished bedroom and your dining experience in the new Impney Restaurant and Bar. The entire team and I are very proud of the sympathetic refurbishment programme that the hotel has undergone in the last 12 months and to have such positive feedback is extremely gratifying.

I was also very pleased to read your comments regarding breakfast. We firmly believe that the quality and quantity of choice available on our breakfast buffet truly sets the Chateau apart from its contemporaries and I am delighted that you enjoyed it.

Thank you again for your kind words, I hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back to the Chateau in the near future.

Ben Elder

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (296)
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 March 2014

Bought the groupon for a weekend getaway for my partner without prior knowledge. I read some mixed reviews prior to the visit so I did not tray to any opinion.

The reality was far better than reviews. Staff were friendly and room was small but comfortable with everything we needed.

Breakfast time was from 7:30 to 10:30 so there was plenty of time for us who were not good at waking up early during holidays.

The garden in front of the hotel was lovely and beautiful. It could be wonderful if visiting when whether warmer and better.

Overall, we enjoyed staying the hotel with much better memory.

Room Tip: One should walk around the estate!
Dear Normadroaming

Thank you for your recent review of your stay at Chateau Impney. I was delighted to read your kind comments and very pleased that you and your partner enjoyed your stay with us so much. Thank you in particular for your comments regarding breakfast at the hotel. We strongly believe that the quality and quantity of choice on offer on our breakfast buffet truly sets the Chateau apart from other hotels and I am very gratified that you enjoyed it.

I have passed your kind words to the team at the hotel and I hope we have the opportunity to welcome you and your partner back in the near future.

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 March 2014 via mobile

Groupon xmas present from our daughter so had no prior knowledge of the hotel or area. Manager and staff friendly and welcoming . Food in restaurant was very good. Room facilities were good, if i had to comment at all we thought room was small but i've stayed in smaller, overall though it was good, bed comfortable and towels plentiful and good quality. Looking at reviews clearly they have had a few issues to resolve, based on our experience would recommend if u r in area , no issues whatsover and gor us room size only stops an excellent vote

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Badgersteve

Thank you for your recent review of your stay at Chateau Impney. I was delighted to read your comments and I am very glad that you enjoyed your stay with us so much, along with your dining experience at the recently refurbished Impney Restaurant & Bar.

I have noted your comment regards the size of your room. As I am sure you can appreciate we enjoy a wide variety of sizes and configurations of bedroom at the hotel due to the 'quirks' one generally finds at historic properties, but I am pleased that you found the room facilities very good and the quality of our linen to be good as well.

Thank you again for your kind words and for your recommendation of the hotel to other travellers. I hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back to the Chateau in the near future.

Birmingham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 March 2014

This hotel is well on the way to its glorious past following its recent acquisition. New owners are pouring love and money into this hotel which must have one of the most breathtaking drives from the main road ever to be encountered. And it doesn't stop there. Charming and attentive staff, rooms that have been completely renovated to a very high order,and a varied menu. I could not disagree more with some of the less favourable reviews. The new owner even took the trouble to talk to us and share his exciting plans for the future,which includes bringing back a classic car circuit!!

Room Tip: Choose one of the rooms overlooking the glorious gardens
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Dear john e

Thank you for your recent review of your visit to Chateau Impney. I was delighted to read your comments and incredibly pleased that you found your visit to be so enjoyable. We are all very proud of the sympathetic refurbishment programme which the hotel has undergone over the last 12 months and we all feel that the result has been to set this magnificent hotel well on its way to becoming one of the finest properties in the Midlands.

I would also like to thank you on behalf of the entire team for your kind comments regarding the attentiveness of our staff. Customer service is at the heart of everything we aim to accomplish at the Chateau and to have such positive feedback is very gratifying.

Thank you again for your review and I hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back to the Chateau in the near future.

Sawbridgeworth, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 March 2014

Having read previous bad trip advisor reviews we were more than pleasantly surprised with the quality and service we received. The hotel has obviously had a recent refurb. Our chateau room was exceptionally comfortable, clean, stylish and luxuriously appointed. All the staff we had contact with were helpful, friendly and offered great service. The bar food is reasonably priced, breakfast is plentiful and varied. We had afternoon tea and our only comment is that it is pricey for what you get and can be improved by adding more sandwich and less cake. The gardens are a delight and the hotel is well positioned for visiting the area. Our room 406 was delightful with 4 amazing floor to ceiling windows, lovely seating area and really comfy bed. Would request the same again, we loved it so much!

Room Tip: Definitely pay for a chateau room. Ask for 1st or 2nd floor. Room 406 is south facing on 1st floor...
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Ben E, General Manager at Chateau Impney Hotel & Exhibition Centre, responded to this review, 18 March 2014
Dear teresabishop

Thank you for your recent review of your stay at Chateau Impney. I was delighted to read your comments and very pleased that you found your refurbished Chateau room to be so comfortable. We are very proud of the sympathetic renovation which has been carried out at the hotel and to receive such positive comments is very gratifying.

I was also very pleased to read that you found all of your interactions with my team to be friendly and helpful. We consistently strive to refine the levels of service we offer to our guests and I have passed your kind comments to the team at the hotel.

UK
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 March 2014 via mobile

Spent an afternoon and night at this Hotel. Architecture of the building and the grounds are fantastic but unfortunately that is where the positives end. Decor is in need of a refresh and the customer service was abysmal. We sat at a table in the bar for 25 minutes before it was cleared of the afternoon high tea debris and crockery of the people sat there before. Not one approach from staff to ask if they could help us and eventually we walked out and went to a pub down the road for drinks and dinner. Room was very basic with a TV the size of a postage stamp. Towels were threadbare and the water pressure of the shower was poor. Not a good experience staying at this hotel.

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank LozzoUk
Dear LozzoUk

Thank you for your recent review of your stay at Chateau Impney. I was obviously disappointed to read some of your comments and whilst I am glad that you enjoyed the architecture and grounds of the hotel I am sorry that the remainder of your experience was not so positive.

I have spoken to my Food & Beverage team regarding he waiting time you experienced in the bar and whilst we were exceptionally busy at the time I can offer no excuse as to why you were not at least greeted and advised of the expected wait time, as is our service standard. Your feedback is very valuable to us in our efforts to consistently refine the levels of service we offer and your points have been taken on board.

I was also disappointed to read your comments regarding your room. Whilst we advertise our Courtyard rooms with candour and make it clear that they are not furnished to the same levels as our premium Chateau rooms, I do not consider them to be basic. Our televisions are a standard size across the estate (with the exception of our Feature Rooms) and I do not recall ever seeing a complaint about their size before. I must also question your comment regarding 'threadbare' towels. All of our bedroom linen is taken from a premium range and again, we generally receive very positive feedback regards their quality.

All in all, I am sorry that you found your stay disappointing. I can assure you that your comments are taken very seriously and again I would like to apologise for the service issue you received in the bar.

Thank you again for your feedback, we always endeavour to use it positively.

Regards

Ben Elder

Travellers are raving about these Droitwich hotels

Nottingham, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 March 2014

I booked afternoon tea at the Chateau for my Mum’s birthday. A very characterful building in the Worcestershire countryside, yet close to junction 5 of the M5. Set in beautiful grounds, it’s well worth a stroll before or after eating. There are fields of horses, Shetland ponies, sheep, and ducks to feed.
We chose the Afternoon tea which is £13.95 each. For that you get sandwiches, scones (with clotted cream and jam), cakes and plenty of tea or coffee. Great service and a lovely experience.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Dear Hondabird007

Thank you for your recent review of your visit to Chateau Impney for afternoon tea. I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your visit and that you found our service to be great. Our afternoon tea has quickly become a firm favourite in the local area and I am very pleased that you found the experience so enjoyable.

I am also glad that you enjoyed your stroll around our expansive grounds and ornamental gardens.

Thank you for your very positive feedback and I hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back to the Chateau in the near future.

Ben Elder
Also consider these accommodations in or near Droitwich
St Andrews Town Hotel
Brockencote Hall Hotel
Brockencote Hall Hotel
#1 of 1 in Chaddesley Corbett
The Crown by Marston's Inns

Been to Chateau Impney Hotel & Exhibition Centre? Share your experiences!