“Disappponting”

Chateau Impney Hotel & Exhibition Centre
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Droitwich
Reviewed 6 April 2014

Hotel is beautiful,rooms been refurbed,but disapponting service in the restaurant.will go back to the hotel but wont eat in the restaurant. We were neglected the whole night,we understand its a busy restaurant but im pretty sure couples should get the same service as the big parties..

• Stayed: March 2014
1  Thank serena239
Ben E, General Manager at Chateau Impney Hotel & Exhibition Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 7 April 2014

Dear serena239

Thank you for your recent review of your stay at Chateau Impney. I was glad to read that you enjoyed your stay although obviously disappointed to read your comments regarding service in the Impney Restaurant & Bar. We consistently strive to maintain the highest levels of service across the hotel and I am sorry if you felt it fell short during your meal.

I would always encourage guests to speak to a member of my management team, one of whom is on duty 24 hours per day, should they experience any issues at the hotel so that such can be resolved then and there.

Thank you again for your feedback, it is vital to us in our efforts to consistently refine the quality of service we offer.

Regards

Ben Elder

Write a ReviewReviews (1,180)

Reviewed 5 April 2014

Stayed with my daughter over night on a groupon deal our room had the desired twin beds which were very comfortable, every thing we wanted was there the room was spotless and a joy to be in, we were close to the lift but we never heard any noise at all and there were quite a lot of guests. Our evening meal was very nice and although there was a shortage of staff the manageress coped with every thing very well. Breakfast was plentiful and a very good choice really enjoyable, staff were all very helpful and polite, the only small (very small) Thing on the down side was the music in the foyer rather loud difficult to hear what was being said, We will be going again to try the afternoon tree it looked delicious

Room Tip: Room 402 newly renovated was good choice large window over looking the front of hotel
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family

Dear Olive612

Thank you for your recent review of your stay at Chateau Impney. I am delighted that you and your daughter enjoyed your stay with us and that you found your room to be a joy.

I was very pleased to read your comments regarding breakfast. We believe that the quality and quantity of choice on our breakfast buffet truly sets Chateau Impney apart from its counterparts and I am very glad that you enjoyed it.

Thank you again for your comments and I hope that we have the opportunity to welcome you back to the Chateau in the near future to partake of one of our exquisite afternoon teas.

Reviewed 5 April 2014

My parents booked us into this Hotel as a 21st Birthday present. Check in went smoothly, the room was very clean but a little small. There was a strong musty smell on entering but with the window open it soon went. The restaurant was lovely and the food was Ok although my Step Dads Steak was a little fatty. We were overcharged on the drinks bill but that was rectified as soon as we pointed it out. The staff were very pleasant and did their best even though I felt there was a slight language barrier with our Waitress but we got through it and enjoyed our evening. All in all, we had a lovely time and my boyfriend proposed to me on the Grand Staircase, which was a complete surprise and of course I said yes. Breakfast was excellent. I will consider my Wedding reception here in the future as we saw a function room set up for a Wedding and it looked magical.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Toni H

Dear Toni H

Thank you for your recent review of your stay at Chateau Impney. I was delighted to read your comments and allow me to offer the congratulations of all of us at Chateau Impney on your engagement. I am glad that the small issues you experienced whilst with us were quickly resolved and I hope that you will come back and see us when you are ready to start planning your big day!

Chateau Impney is one of the most exquisite wedding venues in the Midlands and we would be delighted to host the next step in your wedding journey after being the venue for your proposal.

Thank you again for your feedback and I hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed 3 April 2014

had a really good experience in this beautiful hotel. room clean and comfortable. staff very friendly and helpful. breakfast well served and presented. afternoon tea delicious. restaurant good with lots of choice and good portions but lacks atmosphere. the gardens are lovely with benches to sit on and relax and absorb the peace and quiet. all in all a lovely place to visit for afternoon tea or stay overnight.

Room Tip: rooms beginning with 5 are in a built on annex, not the original building.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Ben E, General Manager at Chateau Impney Hotel & Exhibition Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 4 April 2014

Dear Davina E

Thank you for your recent review of your stay at Chateau Impney. I was delighted to read your various comments, especially regarding the service and food quality you experienced whilst staying with us. I am also glad that you had the opportunity to enjoy our stunning grounds and that you found a nice spot to relax and enjoy the view.

Thank you again for your feedback and I hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back to the Chateau in the near future.

Reviewed 31 March 2014

My Mom and I visited the Chateau on Friday for afternoon tea as a treat for Mother's Day. Really can't praise it enough. We had a glass of champagne each to start, which was beautiful. There's a wide choice of sandwiches to choose from, 2 or 3 each depending on what package you choose. The food was absolutely delicious, we had sandwiches, (they even fetched a bowl of crisps for my Mom) a selection of small cakes and scones with jam and clotted cream, absolutely delicious!! The staff were very attentive and re-filled our tea pot a few times. We had a really lovely afternoon and will definitely be going again!!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Kerry A
Ben E, General Manager at Chateau Impney Hotel & Exhibition Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 1 April 2014

Dear Kerry A

Thank you for your recent review of your visit to Chateau Impney for afternoon tea. I was delighted to read that you had such positive experience with us and that your mum's Mothers Day treat was so special.

I have passed your comments to the team here at the hotel and we are all very pleased that you found the food and service to be excellent.

Thank you again for your feedback and we look forward to welcoming you back to the Chateau in the near future.

Reviewed 30 March 2014

Stayed last weekend on a 1 night groupon deal.
Impressive drive up to the hotel through its grounds and the hotel stayed impressive throughout the stay.
Room was clean and tidy, we had a corner room a bit smaller than some other rooms we saw but was still ideal for our stay.
The meal we had was very nice and a better value than we expected in this standard hotel.
Bed was very comfy and we both slept well, being a top floor corner room we heard nothing from anywhere all night.
The only things we were not impressed with was the rain shower had little to no pressure and the breakfast was mediocre.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank muttnmouse
Ben E, General Manager at Chateau Impney Hotel & Exhibition Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 31 March 2014

Dear mmfi

Thank you for your recent review of your stay at Chateau Impney. I was very pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us, especially the facts that you found your room to be very comfortable and that you enjoyed a good nights sleep. I was also delighted to read that you enjoyed your meal in our newly refurbished Impney Restaurant & Bar and that you found our menu to be good value.

I was obviously disappointed to read your comment regarding breakfast at the hotel. As you will see from other reviews, we pride ourselves in providing an excellent breakfast for our guests and generally receive very positive feedback in this regard. I have also flagged your comment regarding pressure in the shower to our maintenance team to investigate.

Reviewed 29 March 2014

We stayed here for one night after an afternoon tea event, when we arrived I expected to be in a modern room at the back but we were given an excellent large turret room at the front. The afternoon tea was very good, we had bar meals and breakfast and everything was very good and reasonably priced. The staff went out of their way to be as helpful and friendly as possible.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Ben E, General Manager at Chateau Impney Hotel & Exhibition Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 30 March 2014

Dear dodge011

Thank you for your recent review of your stay at Chateau Impney. I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us as well as your afternoon tea and bar meals. I was also very pleased that you found our staff to be helpful and friendly.

I was very gratified to read your comment regarding breakfast at the Chateau. We firmly believe that our breakfast is among the very best in the industry and I am glad that you enjoyed your experience with us.

Thank you again for your kind words and I hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back to the Chateau in the near future.

Ben Elder

Also consider these accommodations in or near Droitwich
St Andrews Town Hotel
Hogarths Stone Manor
Stanbrook Abbey Hotel
Stanbrook Abbey Hotel
#1 of 1 in Callow End

Been to Chateau Impney Hotel & Exhibition Centre? Share your experiences!