“Relaxing”

Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Droitwich
London, United Kingdom
“Relaxing”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 June 2014

When you say the name Chateau Impney my imagination starting to run away, the hotel i found grand and elegant expected to see Mr Darcy walking around the grounds. Staff excellent very attentive to your needs, When travelling with your pet I have found hotels don't allow you to stay in the best rooms. so don't take pets if you wont to stay in the hotel., We were in the court yard on the lower floor.,rooms were very clean expect the carpet .a .small twin room. the bed i found very comfortable sheets & pillows really soft to the touch
,The drive up to the hotel the grass starting to look unsightly. it would have been nice to walk to the white painted bridge also to look closer at the statue. After a two day stay I found the hotel to be very friendly and comfortable . and i would stay again and pay extra to stay in the hotel no dog. .

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Ben E, General Manager at Chateau Impney Hotel & Exhibition Centre, responded to this review, 4 June 2014
Dear sanKey65

Thank you for your recent review of your stay at Chateau Impney. I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you found your room to be clean and comfortable. I was also very pleased to read that you found my team attentive and friendly. Customer service is at the heart of everything we aim to accomplish at the Chateau and it is very gratifying to receive such positive feedback.

Thank you again for your comments and I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

Ben Elder

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (298)
Richmond, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 June 2014

My wife and I spent last weekend as wedding guests at the imposing Chateau Impney Hotel and were most impressed by the excellent wedding arrangements and the high quality of food and service. Regrettably we cannot comment with the same enthusiasm as regards our bedroom. The room was small with little space to manoeuvre resulting in knocks and bruises from the corners of the bed; there was no shelving for toiletries in the en-suite; nor any electricity socket dedicated for general use. In fact there was only a single socket available and this was populated by a standing lamp in the corner of the room, This meant boiling the kettle on the floor and my wife having to sit on the floor in the corner of the room to dry her hair with no mirror in reach. Eventually we managed to borrow an extension lead from the hotel. On two successive days we complained to Reception about the lack of essential amenities in our room and twice we were told that the matter would be brought to the attention of the Manager. Guess what? No apology and no response whatsoever to our complaint.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank PeterR181716
Dear PeterR181716

Thank you for your recent review of your stay at Chateau Impney. Whilst I was delighted to read that you enjoyed the wedding you attended and were impressed by the quality of the food and service you received, I was obviously disappointed to read your various comments regarding your room.

I can assure you that we have a standing policy of responding to all customer comments at the hotel, be them positive or negative and I spend a considerable part of my time attending to this. I would be grateful if you would contact our Business Development Manager, Neil D'Souza on 01905 774411 in order to give us some more detailed feedback on your room so that we may pursue a suitable avenue for resolution.

Thank you again for your feedback.

Regards

Ben Elder

Travellers are raving about these Droitwich hotels

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 June 2014

Booked this as a stop over for a trip to Devon with my daughter and just wish we had had the opportunity to stay longer. The twin room was comfortable and situated around a courtyard. The breakfast was delicious and the restaurant clean and modern. Would have loved to have seen more of the main building but had a sneaky peek at a room being prepped for a wedding - absolutely stunning. It's incredibly good value for money and will definitely be back.

Room Tip: The standard rooms are very good value. Next time I might splash out on one in the main house, looks...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Ben E, General Manager at Chateau Impney Hotel & Exhibition Centre, responded to this review, 3 June 2014
Dear Hilljilly

Thank you for your recent review of your stay at Chateau Impney. I was delighted to read your feedback and very pleased that your party enjoyed your stay with us.

I am also glad that you enjoyed your breakfast at the hotel. We believe that the quality and choice offered on our breakfast buffet sets Chateau Impney apart from its competitors and I am very gratified to receive such positive comments.

Thank you again for your kind words and I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

Richmond, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 May 2014

Booked this accommodation to break the journey from the North East to the West Country. Was very reasonably priced so we were not expecting much. What a lovely surprise! A simply beautiful hotel in lovely grounds.
The courtyard bedrooms are fairly small but are well equipped - very good value.
Good evening bar meals with plenty of choice served in a lovely room with doors open onto the terrace.
Superb breakfast - the sausages in particular were fantastic!
Very efficient and friendly staff.
Would certainly return to this hotel.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Ben E, General Manager at Chateau Impney Hotel & Exhibition Centre, responded to this review, 28 May 2014
Dear Judy L

Thank you for your recent review of your stay at Chateau Impney. I was delighted to read your various comments regarding your stay and especially pleased that you found the quality of our breakfast to be superb. I was also extremely gratified to read that you found our team to be efficient and friendly throughout your visit.

We firmly believe at Chateau Impney that the scope of choice and the depth of quality offered on our breakfast buffet truly sets us apart from our competitors and I am very glad that you enjoyed it so much.

Thank you again for your kind words and I look forward to welcoming you back to the Chateau in the near future.

Portsmouth, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 May 2014

We booked four rooms at the Chateau Impney at really short notice. We had one apartment and three rooms in the courtyard annexe. Everyone in our party of 11 was more than satisfied with the facilities. The whole place is absolutely stunning - great facilities, friendly and helpful staff - and the grounds are simply breathtaking. Every member of our party said that they'd love to come back, and my wife and I will certainly do so in the near future as we have family members in the area and there's no finer location for us to get together. At check out we were given 10% discount vouchers off future bookings which we'll definitely be using. We didn't dine at the Chateau because our stay was such a brief one - but after checking out we weren't rushed to vacate the premises (as is so often the case with busy hotels) and so we spent an hour exploring the main building and the grounds. My granddaughter summed it up perfectly I think when she said to me with the hugest smile: "This is the best place in the world!" Thanks to all concerned for a brief but perfect stay - and we will return. Thank you all.

Room Tip: We'd like to revisit as a couple and stay in the main building.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Ben E, General Manager at Chateau Impney Hotel & Exhibition Centre, responded to this review, 27 May 2014
Dear Martin S

Thank you for your recent review of your stay at Chateau Impney. I was delighted to read your feedback and my team and I are extremely happy that you and your family so thoroughly enjoyed your visit.

I have passed your kind words to my team who are delighted to receive such delightful comments. I am very glad that you also found the time to explore our gardens and parkland; a 'must' experience in my opinion for any visit to the Chateau.

Thank you once more and I hope to see you again soon at the hotel.

Worcester, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 May 2014

My Mum wanted to treat my youngest niece, my partner, and myself to afternoon tea. We booked a table and duly turned up just before 3. Greeted by a very nice young man who was very friendly and showed us to our table. It was a very small table for 4 people but was situated right by the window with a fabulous view across the grounds. There is a great choice of teas and sandwiches and we all chose something different with the view to sharing. The tea arrived first and was in pots, tea is so much nicer in a pot. The pots, crockery, milk and sugar very nearly filled the table. The food arrives on 3 tier sandwich plates. Unfortunately because our table was so full our waiter managed to chuck one of these on the floor. He apologised and left us with an undamaged plate of small cakes while they made more sandwiches. During this time an army helicopter landed right outside the window, which was absolutely fantastic, not something you see every day. Anyway, once everything had arrived we tucked into some very tasty food. The cakes were delicious and scones and jam were lovely. The bread was great which we were pleased about, as we all hate the nasty plastic stuff that sticks to your teeth. My only moan was that the table was far too small and my partner nearly chucked one of the plates on the floor as well. However, all things taken into account, I will definitely go back but very much doubt it will be quite so "entertaining" next time....

Room Tip: Ask to sit in the window seat, the views of beautiful, but the table is better suited to 2 not 4 peo...
Dear Suzie P

Thank you for your recent review of your visit to Chateau Impney for afternoon tea. I was very pleased to read your various comments regarding the quality of the food and service you enjoyed throughout your visit.

I have noted your feedback on the table size at which your afternoon tea was served and passed it to my Food & Beverage Manager for action. With regards to the 'entertainment' I can only assure you that we always go out of our way to give that 'bit extra' to our customers and I am glad you enjoyed the Army's aerial activity. With reference to the member of my waiting staff who served you, my Food & Beverage Manager assures me that he is working on his juggling skills in the hope of preventing a recurrence!!

Thank you again for your kind words and I hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back to the Chateau in the near future.

Portsmouth, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 May 2014

Stayed here for one night. The room was acceptable despite the route to it. One main issue for me to be so negative was the restaurant, the food was actually poor. I discretly returned the fish pie as it had zero taste apart from cream, they said they would replace so I ordered the liver and bacon - if you like raw liver and water sweet potato then you will be happy. The waiting staff offered to comp the food. However the main issue I had was with the checkout, they charged me for the meal, when I mentioned that they said it would be free. Despite saying he would check he came back and said they they hadnt told me it would be comp'd. When I asked them to recheck he said he would after I had paid. Frankly I will never visit this hotel again as the service was about as bad as it gets and the food was worse. I don't like to be negative, but this is a hotel with some serious problems and I ask that the manager doesnt respond with some facile comments. It was bad, you should have addressed my issues today. I was made to feel like I was liar and was after a free meal. I have never been so belittled in 30 years or travelling by a hotel. Rude and Insulting. Dont visit. Angry yes, you made me feel terrible. If you are the owner or a shareholder, you need to start protecting your investment by protecting your reputation.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
3 Thank Matthew B
Dear Matthew B

I am writing in response to your recent review of your stay at Chateau Impney. I was obviously disappointed to read your feedback and I feel it appropriate to take the opportunity to respond to some of your comments, which are frankly inaccurate.

The main thrust of your review concerns your experience in our newly refurbished Impney Restaurant & Bar and I would like to address the points you have raised.

After speaking to both the Restaurant Supervisor who served you on the night in question and the Duty Manager to whom you spoke in the morning, I can confirm that you did indeed send back your fish pie on the basis that you felt it was not tasty. Whilst this is an incredibly popular dish with our patrons, we of course will always attempt to cater for guests individual tastes and on this basis you were offered a replacement meal. For your replacement, as you state, you chose our calves liver and bacon.

I find it hard to accept your comments regarding the quality of the food you were served on the basis that you consumed it all; from the king prawn starter, which you incidentally also complained about and then ate fully, to the calves liver and bacon.

I am confident in my teams reports to me that you were not in fact offered your meal on a complimentary basis but that you were told that the original dish, the fish pie, would not be charged for, and it was not.

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay and I trust you have not found my response superficial.

Regards

Ben Elder
Also consider these accommodations in or near Droitwich
St Andrews Town Hotel
Hallmark Hotel Stourport Manor
Hallmark Hotel Stourport Manor
#1 of 1 in Stourport-on-Severn
The Crown by Marston's Inns

Been to Chateau Impney Hotel & Exhibition Centre? Share your experiences!