“Beautiful Chateau and gardens. Well worth a visit.”

Chateau Impney Hotel & Exhibition Centre
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Droitwich
Reviewed 8 June 2014

We visited the Chateau for high tea yesterday afternoon. I was celebrating my 40th birthday with my family and there were 9 of us. The service we had was good although one member of staff perhaps didn't have his heart in the job he was doing and I found him a little annoying. I was surprised to see that in a huge room full of tables that there only two occupied and one of those by us. They could make a fortune here but it was very quiet. The quality of our food was good but they hadn't got our order completely correct. We didn't complain though but were a little disappointed as we had emailed our order days in advance of us going and it's not like they were particularly busy.
On the whole this is a great place to visit. It's a beautiful Chateau and offers some real eye candy in terms if architecture and the surrounding grounds. We paid a lot of money for the afternoon tea but I don't feel we service we received reflected this at all. Give it a whirl though.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Verity L
Ben E, General Manager at Chateau Impney Hotel & Exhibition Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 9 June 2014

Dear Verity L

Thank you for your recent review of your visit to Chateau Impney for afternoon tea. Whilst I was pleased to read that you enjoyed your day I was obviously slightly disappointed that you found some minor issues with the service you received.

I have had feedback from my food and beverage team regarding your visit and am told that your party were 'satisfaction checked' at numerous stages throughout your afternoon tea, at none of which did you raise any concerns. I would always encourage customers to raise any issues at the time at which they occur so that a resolution can be found immediately.

With regards to your comment about our failing to get your order completely correct, whilst I am aware that all of the items you pre-ordered were in fact delivered to you, I understand that they were presented together (as we generally serve afternoon tea) instead of specifically to the individual members of your party. For this small oversight I apologise, but as I stated, had this been brought to our attention at the time, the correct segregation of the various sandwiches could have been accomplished straight away.

Thank you again for your feedback, we always endeavour to use it constructively.

Ben Elder

Write a ReviewReviews (1,180)

Reviewed 6 June 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for few nights omg the food was sooooo gooood tasty and served hot all of it every night and the calves liver was so nice cooked to perfection was very clean excellent selection of good would highly recommend it.

• Stayed: June 2014
1  Thank michael b
Ben E, General Manager at Chateau Impney Hotel & Exhibition Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 8 June 2014

Dear michael b

Thank you for your recent review of your stay at Chateau Impney; I was delighted to read it and would like to thank you for your kind words. I am very pleased that you so thoroughly enjoyed the food you were served throughout your stay and I have passed your feedback along to my kitchen and food and beverage teams.

Thank you again for your comments and I hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back to the Chateau in the near future.

Reviewed 5 June 2014

The approach to the hotel is like a visit to Disney Land with its towers and sweeping drive. In its hay day this must have been a wonderful place but now it is just tired and struggling. Reception were courtious but there was no offer of taking bags to your room. The rooms are a throw back to the 70s or older. Dated furniture, bathroom and toilet and cold. Breakfast is a grease fest but plenty of it. The bar is an attempt to have a medevil theme but is more Disney than authentic.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
3  Thank Bigcaintoad
Ben E, General Manager at Chateau Impney Hotel & Exhibition Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 5 June 2014

Dear Tim P

I would normally begin by thanking you for a review of your recent stay at Chateau Impney, however I see that your review is dated November 2013 but posted in June 2014. I am unsure as to why the review has been posted now, but suffice it to say I am afraid the content of your review is tremendously out of date.

As I am sure you will see from the large amount of feedback posted by guests who have actually stayed in recent times, the hotel, including our bedrooms and our new Impney Restaurant & Bar has been fully refurbished since the time of your stay.

Again, I am not sure why there has been such a long delay in posting this review since your stay with us but I would invite you to experience our fully renovated facilities on your next visit to Droitwich.

Reviewed 4 June 2014

I have always wanted from a very early age to visit the Chateau Impney in Droitwich, , we used to drive past it ,and it really did make an impression on me as I vowed one day I would go there. It stuck out in the distance , all lit up like a fairy tale palace. We celebrated our first wedding anniversary on the 23rd of February, and managed to book two nights in one hotel then my husband noticed an offer on groupon for the Chateau Impney and we booked a night there as well, I was like a child in a sweet shop as it realised all my dreams, having wanted to stay there for the last 50 years. I wasn't disappointed, we were slightly concerned as we had booked it as a special offer, but the staff were wonderful and when I mentioned I struggled with showers, I was told they want sure if the room had a bath, but too let them know and they would seek an alternative. We were quite disappointed with the room, it was rather small and it was a shower, before I had chance to ring them , they actually called me and said we were being transferred to another room. This one was fantastic, situated in the turret , quite large and luxurious. We ate in the restaurant and thoroughly enjoyed our meal, even though it was more than we would normally spend. The breakfast was also lovely, and we had a late check-out. The grounds around the Chataeu were outstanding, very peaceful even though there were people coming and going. on our feedback form, I wrote how our stay fulfilled my childhood dream and Im itching to go again, well worth a visit.

Room Tip: Check where in hotel the room is, if its got a shower or bath, as it can catch you out if you have d...
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Joy B

Firstly, congratulations on your recent wedding anniversary; I am thrilled you chose to spend part of such a special occasion with us at Chateau Impney. I was delighted both to read your very kind feedback and to note that my team were swift to recognise and resolve your issue with a shower vs a bath in your room. Customer service is at the heart of our entire approach at the Chateau and I am very gratified by your comments.

I was also incredibly pleased that you so thoroughly enjoyed both your dinner and breakfast at the hotel. Our commitment to fresh and innovative food is quickly becoming recognised throughout Worcestershire and is a key facet of our strategy moving forward. In fact, should you wish to know more about our commitment to providing our customers with the very best food options, you may wish to visit our website and learn about out current Taster in Residence programme, the first of its kind in the UK.

Once again, thank you for your very kind comments and I look forward to welcoming you back to the Chateau soon.

Reviewed 3 June 2014

When you say the name Chateau Impney my imagination starting to run away, the hotel i found grand and elegant expected to see Mr Darcy walking around the grounds. Staff excellent very attentive to your needs, When travelling with your pet I have found hotels don't allow you to stay in the best rooms. so don't take pets if you wont to stay in the hotel., We were in the court yard on the lower floor.,rooms were very clean expect the carpet .a .small twin room. the bed i found very comfortable sheets & pillows really soft to the touch
,The drive up to the hotel the grass starting to look unsightly. it would have been nice to walk to the white painted bridge also to look closer at the statue. After a two day stay I found the hotel to be very friendly and comfortable . and i would stay again and pay extra to stay in the hotel no dog. .

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Ben E, General Manager at Chateau Impney Hotel & Exhibition Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 4 June 2014

Dear sanKey65

Thank you for your recent review of your stay at Chateau Impney. I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you found your room to be clean and comfortable. I was also very pleased to read that you found my team attentive and friendly. Customer service is at the heart of everything we aim to accomplish at the Chateau and it is very gratifying to receive such positive feedback.

Thank you again for your comments and I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

Reviewed 3 June 2014

My wife and I spent last weekend as wedding guests at the imposing Chateau Impney Hotel and were most impressed by the excellent wedding arrangements and the high quality of food and service. Regrettably we cannot comment with the same enthusiasm as regards our bedroom. The room was small with little space to manoeuvre resulting in knocks and bruises from the corners of the bed; there was no shelving for toiletries in the en-suite; nor any electricity socket dedicated for general use. In fact there was only a single socket available and this was populated by a standing lamp in the corner of the room, This meant boiling the kettle on the floor and my wife having to sit on the floor in the corner of the room to dry her hair with no mirror in reach. Eventually we managed to borrow an extension lead from the hotel. On two successive days we complained to Reception about the lack of essential amenities in our room and twice we were told that the matter would be brought to the attention of the Manager. Guess what? No apology and no response whatsoever to our complaint.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank PeterR181716

Dear PeterR181716

Thank you for your recent review of your stay at Chateau Impney. Whilst I was delighted to read that you enjoyed the wedding you attended and were impressed by the quality of the food and service you received, I was obviously disappointed to read your various comments regarding your room.

I can assure you that we have a standing policy of responding to all customer comments at the hotel, be them positive or negative and I spend a considerable part of my time attending to this. I would be grateful if you would contact our Business Development Manager, Neil D'Souza on 01905 774411 in order to give us some more detailed feedback on your room so that we may pursue a suitable avenue for resolution.

Thank you again for your feedback.

Reviewed 2 June 2014

Booked this as a stop over for a trip to Devon with my daughter and just wish we had had the opportunity to stay longer. The twin room was comfortable and situated around a courtyard. The breakfast was delicious and the restaurant clean and modern. Would have loved to have seen more of the main building but had a sneaky peek at a room being prepped for a wedding - absolutely stunning. It's incredibly good value for money and will definitely be back.

Room Tip: The standard rooms are very good value. Next time I might splash out on one in the main house, looks...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Ben E, General Manager at Chateau Impney Hotel & Exhibition Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 3 June 2014

Dear Hilljilly

Thank you for your recent review of your stay at Chateau Impney. I was delighted to read your feedback and very pleased that your party enjoyed your stay with us.

I am also glad that you enjoyed your breakfast at the hotel. We believe that the quality and choice offered on our breakfast buffet sets Chateau Impney apart from its competitors and I am very gratified to receive such positive comments.

Thank you again for your kind words and I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

Ben Elder

Also consider these accommodations in or near Droitwich
St Andrews Town Hotel
Hogarths Stone Manor
Stanbrook Abbey Hotel
Stanbrook Abbey Hotel
#1 of 1 in Callow End

Been to Chateau Impney Hotel & Exhibition Centre? Share your experiences!