“New lamps for old”

Chateau Impney Hotel & Exhibition Centre
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Droitwich
Reviewed 18 June 2014

This is a modern hotel pleasantly constructed in separate blocks in the grounds of the old Château Impney Hotel. The bedrooms are spacious well appointed and functional. The old hotel is a former grand country house and has a beautiful interior but seems now to be used as function rooms. The restaurant is no longer in the grand dining room, now a stark empty room for functions, but is in the basement and minimalist in style. There is a very fine bar though not in normal use overlooking the garden, and the bar in use is in the basement. If you are looking for a modern hotel a touch better than Premier Inn then this is ideal. If you are looking for a lovely old hotel then you can only see what you have missed. It is overpriced if you pay the full tariff.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Ben E, General Manager at Chateau Impney Hotel & Exhibition Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 19 June 2014

Dear bellisaurius,

Thank you for your recent review of Chateau Impney, although based on your comments I am not quite sure whether this review is based on an actual visit to the hotel or not. Whilst I appreciate the overall sentiment of your comments I am afraid they are factually inaccurate in quite a number of ways.

The Chateau Impney is in fact a former grand house, but I am afraid the remainder of your review is incorrect. The main hotel itself does comprise a number of function rooms but also offers a wide variety of bedrooms and suites, all recently sympathetically refurbished to an excellent standard. Your reference to what I assume to be our Grand Bar which overlooks the hotel's manicured gardens is also erroneous. This bar is in daily use and is enjoyed by our patrons as a destination for afternoon tea and light meals.

Again, I thank you for your sentiment but I would advise any reader of your review to check the hotel website or other reviews of the property for a more accurate representation of our facilities and services.

Ben Elder

Write a ReviewReviews (1,198)

Reviewed 12 June 2014

Attended a family reunion here at the end of May 2014. We stayed in one of the apartments which was comfortable, quiet and well appointed (we cooked one evening meal and had adequate pots, pans and plates for this).
Over all good value- we got the group rate.
Staff was very helpful, friendly and well informed.
Group meal for 30+ guests was good and served promptly.
Enjoyed the excellent breakfast buffet and strolling around the grounds.

Room Tip: Consider sharing an apartment if there is more than one couple
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Ben E, General Manager at Chateau Impney Hotel & Exhibition Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 13 June 2014

Dear 123west

Thank you for your recent review of your stay at Chateau Impney. I was delighted to read your comments and see your 5 star score for the hotel. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay in one of our recently refurbished apartments; we find that these unique facilities offer guests travelling together a fantastic alternative to the traditional 'interconnecting room' which is the limit of most hotels' offerings.

I was also very glad to read that your family reunion dinner went well and that our team made the event special for you with their service and the quality of the food provided, both at the dinner itself and at breakfast the next morning. We believe that the quality and quantity of choice offered on our breakfast buffet truly sets the Chateau apart from its competitors and I am delighted that your party enjoyed it so much; especially when followed by a walk around our beautiful grounds.

Thank you again for your kind words and I hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back to the hotel in the near future.

Reviewed 11 June 2014 via mobile

Went for afternoon tea with friends this week, the usual room was being used for a wedding so we were shown downstairs to the restaurant which had been refurbished and was superb we ordered our afternoon tea which was delivered on several cake stands as there was so much. The only slip up was one of my friends asked for no butter but once spotted was changed without a fuss with apologies. We had as much tea and coffee as we could drink, the sandwiches were fresh and tasty and cakes sublime we all decided coffee and walnut was our favourite we then went and sat in the gardens in the sun and the staff brought us more drinks. All in all a fabulous day and beautiful place

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
Ben E, General Manager at Chateau Impney Hotel & Exhibition Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 12 June 2014

Dear theresa0013

Thank you for your recent review of your visit to Chateau Impney for afternoon tea. I was delighted to read your comments and very pleased that you and your party so thoroughly enjoyed your day with us.

I was also glad to read that you managed to get some time on our newly refurbished terrace whilst enjoying a drink and the spectacular views the terrace offers over our parkland and grounds; a fantastic experience when the weather obliges.

Thank you again for your feedback and I look forward to welcoming you back to the Chateau in the near future.

Reviewed 8 June 2014

We visited the Chateau for high tea yesterday afternoon. I was celebrating my 40th birthday with my family and there were 9 of us. The service we had was good although one member of staff perhaps didn't have his heart in the job he was doing and I found him a little annoying. I was surprised to see that in a huge room full of tables that there only two occupied and one of those by us. They could make a fortune here but it was very quiet. The quality of our food was good but they hadn't got our order completely correct. We didn't complain though but were a little disappointed as we had emailed our order days in advance of us going and it's not like they were particularly busy.
On the whole this is a great place to visit. It's a beautiful Chateau and offers some real eye candy in terms if architecture and the surrounding grounds. We paid a lot of money for the afternoon tea but I don't feel we service we received reflected this at all. Give it a whirl though.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Verity L
Ben E, General Manager at Chateau Impney Hotel & Exhibition Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 9 June 2014

Dear Verity L

Thank you for your recent review of your visit to Chateau Impney for afternoon tea. Whilst I was pleased to read that you enjoyed your day I was obviously slightly disappointed that you found some minor issues with the service you received.

I have had feedback from my food and beverage team regarding your visit and am told that your party were 'satisfaction checked' at numerous stages throughout your afternoon tea, at none of which did you raise any concerns. I would always encourage customers to raise any issues at the time at which they occur so that a resolution can be found immediately.

With regards to your comment about our failing to get your order completely correct, whilst I am aware that all of the items you pre-ordered were in fact delivered to you, I understand that they were presented together (as we generally serve afternoon tea) instead of specifically to the individual members of your party. For this small oversight I apologise, but as I stated, had this been brought to our attention at the time, the correct segregation of the various sandwiches could have been accomplished straight away.

Thank you again for your feedback, we always endeavour to use it constructively.

Regards

Reviewed 6 June 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for few nights omg the food was sooooo gooood tasty and served hot all of it every night and the calves liver was so nice cooked to perfection was very clean excellent selection of good would highly recommend it.

• Stayed: June 2014
1  Thank michael b
Ben E, General Manager at Chateau Impney Hotel & Exhibition Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 8 June 2014

Dear michael b

Thank you for your recent review of your stay at Chateau Impney; I was delighted to read it and would like to thank you for your kind words. I am very pleased that you so thoroughly enjoyed the food you were served throughout your stay and I have passed your feedback along to my kitchen and food and beverage teams.

Thank you again for your comments and I hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back to the Chateau in the near future.

Reviewed 5 June 2014

The approach to the hotel is like a visit to Disney Land with its towers and sweeping drive. In its hay day this must have been a wonderful place but now it is just tired and struggling. Reception were courtious but there was no offer of taking bags to your room. The rooms are a throw back to the 70s or older. Dated furniture, bathroom and toilet and cold. Breakfast is a grease fest but plenty of it. The bar is an attempt to have a medevil theme but is more Disney than authentic.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
3  Thank Bigcaintoad
Ben E, General Manager at Chateau Impney Hotel & Exhibition Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 5 June 2014

Dear Tim P

I would normally begin by thanking you for a review of your recent stay at Chateau Impney, however I see that your review is dated November 2013 but posted in June 2014. I am unsure as to why the review has been posted now, but suffice it to say I am afraid the content of your review is tremendously out of date.

As I am sure you will see from the large amount of feedback posted by guests who have actually stayed in recent times, the hotel, including our bedrooms and our new Impney Restaurant & Bar has been fully refurbished since the time of your stay.

Again, I am not sure why there has been such a long delay in posting this review since your stay with us but I would invite you to experience our fully renovated facilities on your next visit to Droitwich.

Regards

Reviewed 4 June 2014

I have always wanted from a very early age to visit the Chateau Impney in Droitwich, , we used to drive past it ,and it really did make an impression on me as I vowed one day I would go there. It stuck out in the distance , all lit up like a fairy tale palace. We celebrated our first wedding anniversary on the 23rd of February, and managed to book two nights in one hotel then my husband noticed an offer on groupon for the Chateau Impney and we booked a night there as well, I was like a child in a sweet shop as it realised all my dreams, having wanted to stay there for the last 50 years. I wasn't disappointed, we were slightly concerned as we had booked it as a special offer, but the staff were wonderful and when I mentioned I struggled with showers, I was told they want sure if the room had a bath, but too let them know and they would seek an alternative. We were quite disappointed with the room, it was rather small and it was a shower, before I had chance to ring them , they actually called me and said we were being transferred to another room. This one was fantastic, situated in the turret , quite large and luxurious. We ate in the restaurant and thoroughly enjoyed our meal, even though it was more than we would normally spend. The breakfast was also lovely, and we had a late check-out. The grounds around the Chataeu were outstanding, very peaceful even though there were people coming and going. on our feedback form, I wrote how our stay fulfilled my childhood dream and Im itching to go again, well worth a visit.

Room Tip: Check where in hotel the room is, if its got a shower or bath, as it can catch you out if you have d...
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Joy B

Firstly, congratulations on your recent wedding anniversary; I am thrilled you chose to spend part of such a special occasion with us at Chateau Impney. I was delighted both to read your very kind feedback and to note that my team were swift to recognise and resolve your issue with a shower vs a bath in your room. Customer service is at the heart of our entire approach at the Chateau and I am very gratified by your comments.

I was also incredibly pleased that you so thoroughly enjoyed both your dinner and breakfast at the hotel. Our commitment to fresh and innovative food is quickly becoming recognised throughout Worcestershire and is a key facet of our strategy moving forward. In fact, should you wish to know more about our commitment to providing our customers with the very best food options, you may wish to visit our website and learn about out current Taster in Residence programme, the first of its kind in the UK.

Once again, thank you for your very kind comments and I look forward to welcoming you back to the Chateau soon.

Ben Elder

Also consider these accommodations in or near Droitwich
St Andrews Town Hotel
Hogarths Stone Manor
Brockencote Hall Hotel
Brockencote Hall Hotel
#1 of 1 in Chaddesley Corbett

Been to Chateau Impney Hotel & Exhibition Centre? Share your experiences!