“From 'Crossroads' to the 'The Ritz'”

Chateau Impney Hotel & Exhibition Centre
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Droitwich
Reviewed 25 June 2014

I originally stayed at Chateau Impney in 2011. As many reviewers say, it was reminiscent of the TV soap 'Crossroads', untouched since the 70's. The Jason Carvery was, to say the east, interestingly decorated as a dungeon, run by a very efficient Eastern European lady who insisted I had peas, as 'peas were good!' However, even then the hotel, whilst dated, was very clean, well maintained, and the staff were superb. It also has a certain endearing quality that I couldn't put my finger on. Three years later, I had the opportunity to attend Chateau Impney for training, and choose to stay at the hotel once again, rather than a cheaper chain alternative. Having followed them on facebook, seeing the updates on the refurbishment, I was keen to see how it had changed. WOW, what a transformation! I chose an Executive room, which was superb, tastefully decorated, well equipped, and was impressed with the courtesy phone call from reception, checking everything was okay. Nice touch. The Impney restaurant, no longer a dungeon, but a sleek art-deco comfortable room, had a small yet comprehensive menu, offering delicious food and excellent service! The restaurant staff excelled themselves in service and charm. Nice touch was the box of steak knives being presented, rather than just one being put on the table. Although I stopped one night, I ate there a second time before travelling home. Really enjoyed my stay there, and can't wait for the next opportunity to visit! Big thanks to all there!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
6  Thank Armanti18
Ben E, General Manager at Chateau Impney Hotel & Exhibition Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 26 June 2014

Dear Armanti18

Thank you for your recent review of your stay at Chateau Impney. I was throughly delighted to read your comments and I am very happy that you have seen such a marked change in the quality of our product since your last visit.

As emphasised in your review, my team and I are extremely proud of the total renovation which the hotel has undergone in the last twelve months but I am equally delighted to read that you experienced the same friendly and professional service as you were given on your first visit to us.

Thank you again for your kind words about the various areas of the hotel you enjoyed; from your refurbished Executive bedroom to the Impney Restaurant & Bar. I am very pleased that you found the quality of your accommodation and food so delightful.

Reviewed 23 June 2014

We stayed in the fleur de Lis suite and it was worth every penny!!!! I was so overwhelmed with how perfect the room was!!! I booked this as a treat for my partners birthday and he truly felt like a king staying in this suite! :-) a beautiful room with high ceilings, vintage decor and freestanding bath and luxurious shower and a beautiful balcony to sit and drink our champagne... I didn't want to come home!! This was the romance package booked through the website and it was such a good offer, a superb room, champagne on ice in the room, a 3 course dinner and breakfast all for a great price! The staff on reception were 5 star for service, the only thing I would say as a slight negative is that the staff in the bar and restaurant are a little less attentive when it comes to customer service. Apart from that It was absolutely spot on and I would stay here again for certain!

• Stayed: June 2014
2  Thank PrincessEm88
Ben E, General Manager at Chateau Impney Hotel & Exhibition Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 24 June 2014

Dear PrincessEm88

Thank you for your recent review of your stay at Chateau Impney. I was delighted to read your comments and very gratified that you found the recent sympathetic renovation of the Fleur de Lys suite to be so pleasing.

I am very glad that you enjoyed your Romance Package with us and that you consider it good value for money, especially when celebrating such a special occasion. We believe that the refurbishment of this amazing building which has been undertaken over the last twelve months has created a truly unique offering for our customers and to receive such positive feedback is justification for the hard work which has been put in.

Thank you again for your kind words and I hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back to the Chateau in the near future.

Reviewed 22 June 2014

Stayed here recently in the Fleur de Lys Suite for our wedding night and all I can say is it was wonderful, the staff could not have been more helpful and the breakfast was the best we have ever had at any hotel, try the sausages they are to die for!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Mark_and_Pauline23
Ben E, General Manager at Chateau Impney Hotel & Exhibition Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 23 June 2014

Dear Mark_and_Pauline23

Thank you for your review of your stay at Chateau Impney in the recently refurbished Fleur de Lys Suite. I was delighted to read your kind comments and please allow me to offer the congratulations of our entire team on your nuptials. I am exceptionally pleased that you chose to spend your special night with us and that you enjoyed the experience so much.

I was also gratified by your comments about the helpfulness of my team and the breakfast you enjoyed at the hotel. We genuinely believe that the quality and quantity of choice offered on our breakfast buffet truly sets Chateau Impney apart from its competitors.

Thank you again for your review and I hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back to the hotel in the near future....perhaps for your 1st anniversary!!

Reviewed 22 June 2014

Disappointing content of guided tour. Afternoon Tea very poor quality, food not inspiring,crockery thick and basic, service slow. All in All would not recommend or repeat.
Hotel shabby in areas, fag butts round entrances, tables left uncleared, pretty poor appearance.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Pippa S

Dear Pippa S

I am writing in response to your recent review of your visit to the hotel for the Historical Tour and Afternoon Tea event during the Droitwich Food & Drink Festival. I am sorry if you found the content of the tour disappointing but I feel that this may be a personal preference as the feedback I have received from many of the other circa 40 people who took part has been overwhelmingly positive.

With regards to your comments about the afternoon tea you were served I am afraid I have no response as to what level of inspiration you would be expecting from an afternoon tea or the crockery on which it is served. I would however like to iterate that the feedback I have had from this event as well as the voluminous feedback we get from our customers every day supports my assertion that Chateau Impney offers a great value, delicious afternoon tea which is enjoyed by hundreds of people every week.

I have spoken to my food and beverage servers who were working throughout the event and I am happy that service to your party was actually well within our specified time criteria and whilst I accept that the area was exceptionally busy at the time you visited, I am afraid I simply do not agree that tables were left uncleared or that areas of the hotel are 'shabby'.

Thank you for your review and your feedback, we will always endeavour to use it constructively.

Regards

Reviewed 22 June 2014

We stayed here, as I remembered staying here over 30 years ago while touring then. Unfortunately as we were a family of 3, we didn't have the opportunity of staying in the main building, but we were in a self catering apartment instead. Although self catering, the kitchen offered very in equipment to cook. Our apartment was very roomy, and the staff were very quick to assist when we could not operate the heating in the room. Breakfast was provided to us, as part of our tariff and provided an ample variety. The grounds were beautiful and we enjoyed walking around before dinner. There was a washing machine, but unfortunately no dryer, so we could not get clothes dry on our overnight stay.

Room Tip: Ensure you know in what part of the hotel you will actually be staying.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family

Dear DebbieB2010

Thank you for your recent review of your stay at Chateau Impney. I was delighted to read your feedback of your stay in one of our recently refurbished Impney Apartments. We feel that these great self catering units allow the flexibility for larger parties to relax in comfort whilst still providing access to all of the facilities of the main hotel.

I am very gratified that you found our breakfast offering so pleasing; this is an area in which we make great effort to provide what we feel is one of the best quality and most extensive buffet breakfasts in any UK hotel; I am delighted that your party enjoyed it. I was also very pleased to read your comments regarding our grounds and I am glad you had the opportunity to enjoy a walk; an activity I feel is a must during any visit to the hotel...weather allowing of course.

Thank you again for your feedback and I hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back to the Chateau in the near future.

Reviewed 21 June 2014

Its been many years since our last outing to the Chateau Impney so we weren't sure what to expect! The difference is remarkable. On the outside little has changed and the Chateau still retains all its old charm. The inside now has a real wow factor with a contemporary international feel. The staff are professional, courteous and helpful. Excellent food with a good selection of wine. A very comfortable bedroom (704) although a little warm.
Highly recommended.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Peter G

Dear Peter G

Thank you for your recent review of your stay at Chateau Impney. I was delighted with your various comments and would like to thank you for your kind words; especially concerning the quality of the food you enjoyed whilst with us and the excellent service you received from my team.

Customer service is at the heart of everything we aim to accomplish at the Chateau and it is very gratifying to have such positive feedback, particularly from a customer who has an historical frame of reference with which to compare the progress we have made over the last two years.

Thank you again and I hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back to the hotel in the near future.

Reviewed 20 June 2014

My mother in law was given a voucher for afternoon tea for her 90th birthday. When we arrived we had great difficulty getting in as there was no wheelchair ramp. We were then shown into a draughty corridor to the right of the entrance where afternoon tea was served in complete isolation. There was a wedding in progress, which meant that we couldn't enter the hotel at all. This is fair enough but nobody explained this beforehand and we would have been more than happy to book on another day. It was very cold, and no way to treat an old woman who was supposed to be having a special treat. Worse still, when I wrote and complained I received no response whatsoever. We thought this would be a very special afternoon and it was very disappointing. I would certainly not recommend the experience.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Needles1952

Dear Needles1952

Thank you for your recent review of your visit to Chateau Impney for afternoon tea with your mother in law. I was obviously disappointed to read your comments and whilst I would not categorise our Red Lounge area as a draughty corridor, I was more concerned to note that you had previously written to the hotel and received no response. We have a very robust customer response procedure at the hotel which mandates that all comments, positive or negative are responded to, so for this oversight I offer my apologies.

With regards to your specific issues, we offer afternoon tea in a number of locations throughout the hotel including the Red Lounge, as well as our Impney Lounge and Grand Bar. I must stress that we never guarantee any specific location for afternoon tea at the hotel due to our fluid business levels. I am sorry if you felt that the environment was not conducive to you enjoying the occasion but the vast majority of our customers give us excellent feedback on the quality of our afternoon tea no matter in which location it is enjoyed.

Thank you again for your feedback, it is imperative to us in our efforts to refine the service we offer to our customers.

Regards

Ben Elder

Also consider these accommodations in or near Droitwich
St Andrews Town Hotel
#1 of 1 in Stourport-on-Severn
Bromsgrove Hotel & Spa
Bromsgrove Hotel & Spa
#7 of 8 in Bromsgrove

Been to Chateau Impney Hotel & Exhibition Centre? Share your experiences!