Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Chateau Impney Hotel & Exhibition Centre
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Droitwich
Alcester
“Gatsby”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 August 2014 via mobile

Me and a group of girls attended The Great Gatsby night, we were not disappointed on arrival as the views of the grounds were beautiful. Photos taken for us , all though they were a little pricey . We had a 3 course meal , was quite nice but nothing spectacular. Drinks were reasonably priced which was good. It was a real 1920s feel , brilliant experience. We all enjoyed the band , they were excellent. My friend is thinking about getting married here which would be spectacular I should think . Lovely experience .

Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
Ben E, General Manager at Chateau Impney Hotel & Exhibition Centre, responded to this review, 26 August 2014
Dear Jedders81

Thank you for your recent review of your visit to Chateau Impney four our Gatsby Glamour evening. I was delighted to read that you and your friends so thoroughly enjoyed the evening. We have had a huge amount of amazing feedback regarding this event and my team and I are extremely pleased that our customers found the evening to be so authentic and enjoyable. Our themed events have quickly become a local favourite at the hotel.

I would encourage you to regularly check our website for full details of all upcoming events at the Chateau including our recently published Christmas Calendar.

Thank you again for your kind words and I hope we can welcome you back to the hotel in the near future.

Ben Elder

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (296)
wales
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 August 2014

The rating of 2 is based entirely on our room and guest experience- the restaurant and food were fantastic. Normally I would take both into account when scoring a hotel but as I have stayed here before I feel the low score is a comparison of both visits and needs to be pointed out to future guests.

As you can see from other reviews there seems to be a large number of good and bad reviews. I can explain why! It all depends on whether you are in the Chateau or out-house, and whether or not there is a function taking place.

On our first visit our room was in the Chateau itself and was fantastic (feel free to read my previous review) however when I booked this time I used Booking.com and it wasn't very clear during the booking process that we would be staying at the Impney Court. I realised later but figured it would still be fine......how wrong was ???
The Impney Court is an ugly modern building,( a few minutes walk from the main building) not at all in keeping with the gorgeous Chateau No attempt has been made to make it so - its plain red brick, like an office block.
When I first saw it, I thought ...ok....fair enough , I'm sure inside will be great. Oh no!
It looks like the original plans were to have an open courtyard in the centre of the hotel block but they changed their mind and put a conservatory roof over the top. The result being VERY stuffy rooms as the windows open out onto a closed building therefore no air flow. The building to be honest looks exactly like a prison (see pic) All that's missing are the armed guards . As for the interior, very dated, one of the drawers was missing from the cupboard. Not enough sockets, none either side of the bed. The bathroom was small and the bath tiny, shower very average. Also, you could hear very clearly people's conversations and the constant door slamming as guests returned was extremely loud and annoying.
We couldn't wait to drop our bags off and go to the main building!
When we got there, there was a wedding on. I have noticed several other reviews complaining about the impact this has on your stay and they are very correct. Half of the hotel is out of bounds to normal visitors when there is a wedding. You are only allowed in the downstairs bar.
It is a very smart bar, but If I pay for a hotel I would expect to have access to all public areas. You certainly feel penalised for being a standard guest, and this shouldn't be the case.
I must say that the food is incredible and I shall be leaving a separate review for the restaurant. We had a light lunch, evening meal, breakfast and afternoon tea - all were fantastic. The staff are faultless and a credit to the hotel, particularly the young girl holding fort at the upstairs bar where we had our afternoon tea the following day. She kept getting rung up and harassed by management to try and look after 2 bars on 2 floors at the same time - she tried damned hard to do so too and deserves credit (sorry , do not know her name). On leaving we were asked how our stay went and I explained I hated the room but the food was fabulous To their credit we were given 10% off our next visit if we book directly with the hotel.
So to sum up - had this been our first visit I would have rated it higher simply because of the food, but I feel a lower score will make my point better. Would I stay again? Maybe. My advice is, if you cannot get a room in the Chateau itself.....book a different hotel and possibly still visit for food. Also definitely check to see if there is a wedding on and if so, again book a different hotel.
I very rarely leave bad reviews, out of 128 I think this is only the second to have scored a 2, so I am not a 'winge-bag'

Room Tip: If you cannot get a Chateau room (which are small but lovely with beautiful views of the garden), ch...
1 Thank Kyla P
Dear Kyla P

Thank you for your recent review of your return visit to Chateau Impney. I was obviously disappointed to read some of your comments and although I was delighted to read that you enjoyed the food whilst staying at the hotel, I would like to take the opportunity to address your other areas of feedback if I may.

Firstly, I note your point regarding not feeling that you were booking a room in Impney Court was clear when using booking.com. Whilst I would always encourage customers to book directly via the hotels own website, we work hard to ensure that booking is a simple and clear process regardless of the channel chosen. I have flagged up your concerns to both my reservations team at the hotel and to booking.com directly. We deal with a large number of reservations through this particular website and whilst I do not feel that the booking process is in any way obscure, I am always happy to investigate ways in which we can enhance our guests experience, from making a reservation right through to staying at the hotel.

The main source of your dissatisfaction is clearly with regards to the standard of the room in which you stayed in Impney Court. I fully acknowledge that these rooms lack the grandeur of our main house bedrooms although I do not agree with your characterisation of Impney Court as 'prison-like'. A large number of our guests regularly stay in these bedrooms and find that they represent great value for money. I should also point out that these rooms are priced accordingly to the standard of accommodation they offer and whilst not luxurious, are certainly, clean, comfortable and well maintained. With regards to your comment about a missing drawer, as you will see from some other reviews, this is an issue which has been raised previously and is a source of some frustration to my team and myself as this is in fact a design feature of the furniture in our Impney Court bedrooms.

Your final point about the limited availability of some services and areas within the main hotel whilst weddings are taking place is I feel slightly unfair. Most hotels of our standard are very popular wedding venues and Chateau Impney is no exception. Whilst there are certain areas of the hotel which necessarily are reserved for the private use of wedding guests throughout an event, there are no times at which our guests are unable to access the full range of hotel services, albeit perhaps not in all areas of the hotel. I do not believe that this in any way detracts from the experience of staying at Chateau Impney and I am confident that any hotel which caters for weddings will have similar covenants in place throughout such events. As you point out, at all times, our newly refurbished Impney Restaurant and Bar is available for the use of our residents and I firmly believe that this great space offers a fantastic service and environment in which our guests can eat, drink and relax.

I am very gratified to read your kind comments regarding the quality of our food and the service levels you received from my team and I thank you for this feedback.

Thank you again for taking the time to feed back to us on your stay. Customer comments are always taken seriously and used to help us to consistently refine the levels of service we offer.

Ben Elder

Travellers are raving about these Droitwich hotels

Brackley, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 August 2014

Stayed at the chateau impney , for my husbands 50th birthday. I booked online, very helpful staff Couldn't fault hotel, great value for money. Food in restaurant was lovely. Stayed in a superior room which was with amazing views.

Room Tip: Superior front view room .
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
      Rooms
Dear Michelle M

Thank you for your recent review of your stay at Chateau Impney. I was delighted that you chose to spend your special occasion with us and that you so thoroughly enjoyed your time at the Chateau.

Customer service is at the heart of everything we aim to accomplish at the Chateau and I am exceptionally pleased that along with great service, you found both the quality of your recently refurbished bedroom and the food you enjoyed to represent excellent value for money.

Bristol
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 August 2014

Stayed here for one night as attended a family birthday party
Wasn't at all disappointed
Great value for money
Lovely room grounds and settings
Breakfast was included in price and was first class
Would strongly recommend and return

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
      Sleep Quality
1 Thank EjWBristol
Ben E, Manager at Chateau Impney Hotel & Exhibition Centre, responded to this review, 15 August 2014
Dear EjWBristol,

Thank you very much for your review as regards your recent stay at the Chateau Impney Hotel. I am delighted to hear that you had a very enjoyable stay with us. Your comments about the breakfast are much appreciated - we do believe we offer an excellent breakfast both in terms of quality and quantity.

Once again, our thanks for taking the time to give us your feedback, and we look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

Derby, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 August 2014

We stayed at Chateau Impney earlier in the year and enjoyed the service food and ambience of the Hotel that much we decided to come back.

I have to say again not disappointed, the staff are brilliant, the food is great and service excellent. Well done again.

Room Tip: The theme room Fluer de Leys is fantastic, but also Apartment 6 is great in the Summer.
2 Thank spencerpickup
Ben E, Manager at Chateau Impney Hotel & Exhibition Centre, responded to this review, 11 August 2014
Dear Spencerpickup,

Thank you very much for your complimentary comments as regards your recent stay experience with us, which are much appreciated and valued. We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

Weston-super-Mare, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 August 2014

This hotel is set in a wonderful landscape with well-maintained lawns and mature trees, plus an impressive formal garden with a few water features adding visual and aural charm. So the drive up to the hotel is one of anticipation, and the building itself does not disappoint - it is a spectacular sight. We had a room in the main building - it was a bit small but immaculately furnished and very comfortable. If I deducted any marks for the room size, they are more than compensated by the professionalism and extremely pleasant attitude of all the staff we encountered. Whether on reception, or in the bar or the restaurant, they were uniformly excellent. We were fortunate with the weather so were able to enjoy drinks on the terrace, which was lovely as the sun went down. Food was good (we had the bar menu) and breakfast also. This is a high quality establishment - one of the best I've stayed in, and I've stayed in many hotels from New York to Hong Kong. Even though we live some distance away, we can't wait to return for perhaps a longer stay!

Dear Aintynice,

Thank you very much for sharing your recent stay experience at the hotel, and for your complimentary comments, which are very much appreciated. We take pride in the quality of food and beverage offerings, as well the level of service we provide. Looking forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

Southend-on-Sea, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 August 2014 via mobile

This was our second visit to this hotel. It was undergoing a refurb when we were last there so it was good to see it finished.

This hotel looks great and is an impressive looking building. The staff were all very friendly and efficient.

We has the afternoon tea - which was nice but is expensive.

We stayed in an executive room which was very good and well worth it it's not as good as the gesture rooms but still good.

The hotel is clean and tidy and well kept.
Dinner was excellent. Well cooked and a reasonable choice.

Breakfast is a buffet and they will also cook fried/poached eggs to order if you don't want the runny scrambled eggs. They don't say this anywhere but we asked. Aside from scrambled eggs breakfast was good.

This is just a nice place to spend some time.

Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Partying666,

Thank you for your favourable comments as regards your recent stay with us. I am delighted to hear that you are pleased with the improvements that have been made at the hotel and the high ratings you gave both afternoon tea and dinner. I note that you have mentioned that the afternoon tea being expensive and wish to say that the pricing has been made taking into the quality of the ingredients as well as the quantity of the offering.

The team and I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future!

Business Development Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Droitwich
St Andrews Town Hotel
Brockencote Hall Hotel
Brockencote Hall Hotel
#1 of 1 in Chaddesley Corbett
The Crown by Marston's Inns

Been to Chateau Impney Hotel & Exhibition Centre? Share your experiences!