St Andrews Town Hotel
  • Restaurant
Travelocity
Grafton Manor(Bromsgrove)
TripAdvisor
All reviewsafternoon teaheritage roomcedars restaurantdrawing roomcompliments to the chefsunday lunchhakehouse hotelwedding receptiongroupon vouchera bit tiredstaff were attentivebridal suitewedding breakfastfood was lovelycourse mealsteak
Reviewed 24 May 2014

Great Friday evening meal for the two of us, nice decor, top class service, especially by Naomi, nice atmosphere, highly recommended. I can't see why I have to write 200 characters. Why can;t it be short and punchy?

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
SarahStevens72, Owner at St Andrews Town Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 June 2014

Short and punchy is great! Thanks for your kind review. We're glad you had a such a good time with us, and will pass on your kind comments, especially to Naomi.
Hope you will come back again soon

Reviewed 23 May 2014

I often visit the Worcester area for business. Over the years I have stayed in a dozen or more hotels in the vicinity. This place is a find ! I will return. Now don't be deceived - on approach the exterior looks a little drab - and there is some construction/renovation work going on but on checking in and a quick freshen up I headed to the bar for a pre prandial pint. The bar and lounge and garden are very pleasant. The guest ale was very palatable as well.
When colleagues arrived we took our seats in the dining room. The set menu was keenly priced with a decent choice. The presentation and service of the food was just fine. Good portions of homely food contented the diners. Now my expense account is not generous but the menu was easily within budget and I can't say that for other establishments in the locality.
On retiring I found the freshly decorated room to be pleasant, comfortable and spacious enough. The bathroom was suitably appointed as well - and I found levels of cleanliness in the common and private areas to an exacting standard.
Now for a couple of tiny complaints: chairs stacked in a corridor leading to the stairs to the bedrooms - looked very untidy and would impede evacuation in the event of an emergency. And somewhat poor freeview TV reception in my bedroom (though the palatable ale meant I was not keen to watch much TV after retiring).
Breakfast experience was pretty good. Cooked to order rather than those disgusting hot buffets one often encounters.
Overall a good experience. I look forward to visiting again to see how this place progresses given the evident ongoing work.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Grahame C

Thankyou for your kind review - we're glad you found us a great place to stay in the area. We're also glad you enjoyed your meals so much and found us good value for money. As you noticed, we've been undergoing significant refurbishment work over the past year or so, and this has nearly finished. Our orangery will be opening in the next couple of weeks, and will be able to seat up to 150 people for weddings, special occasion meals, meetings and conferences. Hopefully you'll be able to come back and see the finished result!

Reviewed 19 May 2014 via mobile

The husband brought me here for a birthday treat & I was not disappointed. On the Friday night we dined in the hotel restaurant, the food was excellent & the wine lovely. A nice garden area for a pre-dinner drink in the sunshine. We stayed for 2 nights, the staff & venue were excellent though I was a little disappointed by the view of the bin area.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Thankyou very much for your kind review. We're glad you enjoyed celebrating your birthday with us, and were able to enjoy our garden and terrace too.
We're sorry the view from your window wasn't ideal - we are currently tidying up the area around the back of the hotel so that should become less of an issue.
We hope you will come back and see us again.

Reviewed 5 May 2014

We attended a wedding reception at this Hotel and I have to say we had an absolutely brilliant time from start to finish.
The Hotel was immaculate and very tastefully decorated. The grounds looked lovely and well kept.
I cannot praise the staff enough as they were extremely attentive without being in your face and the bar staff coped well and kept the alcohol flowing with hardly any waiting time.
The food was out of this world and presentation was amazing.
My daughter has just got engaged and I would not hesitate in recommending this venue for her wedding day.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
SarahStevens72, Owner at St Andrews Town Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 May 2014

Thankyou very much for your kind review. We're glad you had such an enjoyable time with us. We've been working hard to refurbish the hotel over the past year or so, and we're glad you liked the results! We're also very proud of our staff and the friendly and attentive service they give, and we're pleased they looked after you so well.
We would love to host your daughters wedding - do get in touch with us to arrange a show round and talk further about how we can help create her dream day!

Owners

The food was out of this world and presentation was amazing.

Reviewed 22 April 2014

I arrived about 9.30 p.m. so did not have dinner. The room was a small double room and was quiet. The water for the bath/ shower was not hot enough for a soak, so a quick dip in and out had to suffice. Continental breakfast buffet was sufficient, though I would have liked the possibility of more fruit and some cheese. The staff at breakfast were very attentive, frequently asking if I needed anything. The grounds looked inviting but I had to leave early.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank R T
SarahStevens72, Owner at St Andrews Town Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 April 2014

Thankyouf or your feedback. We're glad that our staff looked after you well. We are in the process of installing an additional hot water tank so hopefully the issues with the hot water will improve. We will also feedback your comments regarding the breakfast to our Head Chef.
We hope you will come back and visit us again.