The Crown and Sandys Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
The Crown and Sandys Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #10 of 66 Restaurants in Droitwich
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 18 May 2013

The food here has always been good but in the past I have found the service slow and generally lacking. Not any more! Mid week fixed menu is exxcellent, a good choice, well cooked and the staff told us that a new manager has shaken things up lately on the service front! It worked! We'll be back!

Reviewed 11 May 2013

I visited The Crown and Sandys last week end on a Saturday night with my family. We reserved a table in the bar and it was fine. We ordered a bottle of Sauvignon Blanc which was very tasty, but warm. We requested an ice bucket which was brought to our table with no fuss. The menu is extensive. I tried the fish special which was served with crushed potatoes and vegetables. We did begin with two portions of olives, which were green and black and jumbo! They were very good. My family tried the battered fish and sea bass fillet, all well received. We had coffee, some of us liqueur which were prepared well and were hot - my experience in some restaurants is that the liqueur coffees can be hit and miss on temperature. We prefer Kahlua, but had to settle for Tia Maria. The bill, including two bottles of wine, for the four of us came to £95. The waiting staff who looked after us were very friendly and helpful. I would recommend this restaurant and will definitely return!! They had a party in the function room on the evening we were there and the party goers looked to be having fun!

Reviewed 28 April 2013

The Crown and Sandys has had several changes of ownership over the las few years and has struggled to reach its potential in the food and service department in each case.

The current owners run 5 other really great food and service focused pubs in the greater area around Worcester, my wife and I are regular patrons of some of them and regulars at a couple, the Crown and Sandys is by far the worst for Food and Service within the group (in our opinion)

We last visited the C & S in March with friends (table of 6). March 13th!!

Service very poor throughout
No bread on the table or even offered, when I asked for some with my starter I was given a 'mixed bread platter' for which I was billed
Scallop starter looked like one scallop sliced into 3 (appealing)
Baked Cod with Herb Crust main course, really dry, hard and tasteless

I won't dwell on the details you get the picture.

What's really disappointing is there is so much potential at this really attractive venue in one of Worcestershires loveliest villages.

Reviewed 12 April 2013

We have been here a few times and I think the quality has dipped. Service is always fairly good, but the standard and quality of the food isn't up to scratch for the amount you pay. Scallops which taste of nothing, for approx £8- I would expect something tasty. Won't be in a rush to return in all honesty, not unless more thought goes into better quality ingredients and locally sourced produce.

Reviewed 12 April 2013

Ate here recently with my family, 6 of us, as it was recommended by my daughter. I had already checked the menu on line and was a bit wary of the prices and the 'fancy food'. I needn't have worried. We were seated immediately, order for drinks taken. There were 3 menus given, a la carte, specials and set menu. Set menu is excellent value (2 courses £12). Starters came quickly, excellent quality. Mains arrived just the right amount of time after we had finished the starters again excellent,table cleared quickly and orders for desserts taken. Desserts arrived promptly and again excellent. The staff were some of the best, they were attentive without being over bearing.
Really looking forward to going back.