“Little gardens”

Webbs of Wychbold
Ranked #4 of 19 things to do in Droitwich
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Webbs, Wychbold is one of the biggest garden centres in the UK and has been awarded Garden Centre of the Year by the Garden Centre Association three times! Catering for all your garden and home needs Webbs, Wychbold is the place to come for an inspirational and relaxing day out or just to pop in and buy that all important plant for your garden.
Reviewed 7 May 2014

This is a brilliant place to shop for so many different things from plants to sheds, outdoor clothing to local cider. There's also a Lakeland shop which I love. You could certainly spend a couple of hours or more browsing. For me, the best bit was the gardens they've created just over the road from the car park. If you don't know they're there you'd probably miss them, but if you're looking for a few garden design ideas this really is a great starting point.

Reviewed 26 April 2014 via mobile

I am in love with Webbs! One of the few places you can actually get a gluten free sandwich with a full range of fillings. The prices are fine in the cafe as the quality is very high. Elsewhere there is the full range of 'destination' knick knacks and home and garden fripperies to entertain on a wet day but also very good quality plants for indoors and outdoors at reasonable prices. We dropped in on our way to Worcester to visit the student daughter but we will be going back regularly. She will also make the trip on her own for bits and bobs and a coffee stop as she also loves it.

Reviewed 20 April 2014 via mobile

After much nagging from the girlfriend we visited Webbs over the bank holiday weekend.

A walk around the centre was not allowed due to trading laws but the outside area was open which was nice enough, clean, tidy and plenty of choice.

The Cafe was open and we opted for a steak and stilton sandwich and tuna panini. The panini was okay and a good size but the steak sandwich was poor, a small piece of steak on some basic white bread. For the £6.49 I was expecting much better.

The cake slices are very tasty as a desert.

1  Thank Somouk
Reviewed 17 April 2014

I am fortunate enough to have Webbs on my doorstep. These days I call in at least once every two weeks. The nursery is well stocked with plants and there are loads of accessories.

The garden centre puts on attractions such as ice skating at Christmas and there is a fair all ready for Easter. Lakeland and Hobbycraft have an area here which is useful. The food hall is stocked with goodies and I have just started to use the cafe which provides very good food at reasonable prices. My partner and I shared a huge smoked salad roll and salad. The portion served would have been a challenge to most people. The staff were happy to provide extra plates. The staff in the restaurant and food hall are particularly helpful

Outside are riverside gardens for inspiration. You can easily pass several happy hours here.

Two small moans though. Most of the staff are not very knowledgeable about gardening matters. You have to seek out a specialist. The plants are expensive. I often try other nurseries first. However, if you are a garden club member you do get discounts and there are special offers so I look out for those.

On balance I feel lucky to have Webbs just down the road. However, I would urge people to also try David's Nursery at Martin Hussingtree about five miles away in the Worcester direction . Also the staff are proper gardeners and you get very helpful advice.

Reviewed 14 April 2014

This was our second visit to Webbs as they have an excellent choice of plants and shrubs, so got a few we wanted.