“Beautiful food”

The Miners Country Inn
Ranked #10 of 37 Restaurants in Coleford
Price range: US$4 - US$18
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Multi award winning pub in the Forest of Dean. Daily changing menus including Vegetarian, Gluten free, fresh fish and local meats and game. 98% of all produce sourced within the Forest of dean also award wining B&B
Reviewed 24 February 2018 via mobile

Thanks again for a superb lunch. Lovely home made reduction. Mum had the fish cakes, and I had the home made mushroom tart. Always try to call in now when over walking the dog in the forest. Attentive service, excellent value for quality chef made cuisine. Thank you :)

Date of visit: February 2018
steven j, Owner at The Miners Country Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 2 March 2018

Many thanks for the great review

Reviewed 19 February 2018

Staying in the Royal Forest Of Dean, part of are family 3 week adventure, We recommended to try the Miners Sling, Great choice, each visit the menus change daily, Tuesday night we had 2 course £12.95, Wednesday lunch we had amazing picnic board with local wild boar, Thursday we choice the Fresh fish ( salmon-Mussels-crab) Friday we also choice The Miners fish and triple cooked chips, each meal was fantastic, Staff on each time we really friendly.

From the outside it looks basic and tired, also toilets needs work, but there a lovely log fire and great local beer, hope to visit again some day

Reviewed 15 February 2018

I recently went to my first Pot Luck Monday - what a great concept! The restaurant uses up the remaining fresh produce, and us punters get a great meal for half price. I couldn't even eat all my sausages so took one home as a treat for the dog. The waiting staff were excellent about updating us as to which dishes were left (and exactly how many portions). It got a bit nerve-wracking as we waited to order the one remaining cheese/veg tart with new potatoes for my Mum but it added to the fun. I had sausages and mash and my brother had the ham, egg and chips. All delicious! Will definitely be back. Just need to book an earlier table so we can try the lamb! Apparently that always sells out first.

Reviewed 14 February 2018 via mobile

My wife and I stopped for lunch having reviewed on TripAdvisor. At first glance it doesn't look like much and could do with a little updating. However, the food was really good. I had rump steak and my wife had the battered haddock. The service was excellent, both polite and attentive without being pushy. We will definitely be back if we are in the area again.

Reviewed 12 February 2018 via mobile

Good food and friendly staff always makes for a enjoyable lunch.

A good selection of beers and a light and comfortable eating area.