“Surprising”

Cuisines: Chinese
Cheltenham, United Kingdom
“Surprising”
Reviewed 27 June 2014 via mobile

On entering the schooner was a bit wary at its look, but ordered takeaway and waited, it was worth it! The food was lovely and we had more than enough. It's a surprising mix but definitely very good .

Visited June 2014
1 Thank criscross38

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Unexpectedly different”
Reviewed 4 May 2014

When we first arrived I was a little concerned by the lack of decor, but the attentiveness and friendliness of the staff and the good food laid my fears to ease.
Perfect restaurant for a birthday, or even a hen do...!

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank Matthew J
Coleford, United Kingdom
“Fantastic takeaway”
Reviewed 11 April 2014

This was our first take away from the Schooner since it reopened. The welcome when we picked up was good. I did notice that the restaurant was empty, very cold and unwelcoming with only half the tables laid. If I had been thinking of eating in I think I would have turned round and gone.

The food when we got it home was fantastic though. It was well-presented, actually pretty to look at, it was very hot and the taste was out of this world. I honestly think this was the best Chinese meal I have ever had. Everyone else thought so too. It was eaten in virtual silence because we were all concentrating on the flavours.

My only gripe was the portion size. The quantities felt a bit lacking and the platic tubs were not full. We shared three main dishes, rice and noodles between three and it only just went round. If it had been three blokes rather than two guys and a girl I think we would have been left hungry still. I do think that a take away costing £32 should provide enough food for three. This gripe will not put me off going again though. Just make sure you order enough.

Schooner, your food is the best Chinese in town, but get the portions right please! Heat you restaurant and we may come and spend even more!

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank Blehblehbleh
Gloucester, United Kingdom
“lovely food”
Reviewed 10 February 2014

came here on a sunday with some friends for a catch up.
although the menu choice was limited the food was lovely and was served up quickly.

we were the only customers and the resturant was quite cold, but staff provided heaters around the table. staff were really friendly and attentive.

very good value