“Just don't, ever!!”

Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed 27 October 2013

We were staying at a B&B outside Coleford so thought we'd come in to town to find somewhere to eat. We'd read some previous reviews and thought this place was worth a try. We are both vegatarian but this has never previously been an issue in any curry house. The "Chef's Specials" were exclusively meat and fish based or you had a list of stock curry types (balti, vindaloo, massala etc.) and the option for meat, prawn or veg. One of the specials had looked interesting, a type of spicy noodle dish - maybe a bit of fusion inspiration we thought. What arrived appeared to be spagetti covered in curry powder with a handful of frozen chopped veg, cooked and thrown on top and the lasting flavour of chip shop curry sauce. The restaurant had a TV playing throughout. The place is quite small and there were a number of other groups eating there. The service was OK but in all fairness that doesn't count for that much when the quality of food was so poor. Maybe it was a one off, maybe we chose the wrong dish, maybe they were having a bad night - I don't know. What I do know is that it rates as the worst curry I have ever had (and I have some experience!). I should have researched more and made the effort to go to Monmouth. Should you ever find yourself starving in Coleford - I would not recommend this place.

4  Thank Mike W

Reviewed 14 October 2013

What can I say apart from good value, good service and lovely meal.
PS-Good portion too!
If I return to the area, I'll certainly be popping in again!

1  Thank Darren J
Reviewed 31 December 2012

i loved the place and this is a beautiful place to go .if your reading this pleas make sure you spend Ur money in balti hut. its worth it!

4  Thank akib k
Reviewed 25 October 2012

Nice takeaway, alittle expensive we didnt eat in only takeaway you get 10% off. 5* rating for hygiene

4  Thank Caz635
Reviewed 24 July 2012

I'm local to Coleford and used to order takeaway from here regularly. Very hit and miss. Sometimes the food would be fantastic and fresh tasting, sometimes it would seem that it wasn't quite so fresh with soft poppadoms, tough meat in the curry etc. Have since changed to a different Indian takeaway.

2  Thank RBaratheon