We stayed for one night on DBB package. I made my booking via phone. Initially, when I rang the hotel, I had to leave a message on answerphone as nobody to answer personally, but I received a phone call back almost immediately from Ellie at reception who was most helpful.
I wanted a gold room but I'd left it too late when I booked so had to opt for the silver room instead. Looking at previous reviews, I was a bit worried about the size of room as lots had commented on how small they were, so I'd requested a larger silver room if possible.
We found parking easy, lots of spaces when we arrived. We were a bit early and room not ready so we had a wander to Mudeford Quay for some lunch at the local pub then a stroll into Christchurch which is a nice 20 min walk.
When we checked into our room (414), I was pleasantly surprised..nice size room, great bathroom, immaculately clean and a great view of the harbour (when standing up).
It was my husbands birthday and there was a card and chocolates left in the room which was a nice touch. One thing the room was lacking is air con. I can imagaine the rooms can get very hot in the summer. One negative about the bed..it seems like a very small double. It has a padded mattress topper on the bed but for some reason you feel like you are sleeping at an angle almost falling out...not sure why? Having said that, we managed a good nights sleep.
We used the spa area and pool which was great, again spotlessly clean.
For our evening meal in the Harbour restaurant, we could choose whatever we wanted from the A la carte menu which was nice and had a great selection to choose from, (but didn't include coffee).
Staff very courteous and a nice touch that they addressed you by name and always acknowledged you. (When we were out walking in the street earlier, the manager personally acknowledged us which was surprising but again a nice touch that he recognised his guests)
Breakfast was lovely. There is a buffet for cereals, juices etc and fully cooked breakfast to order. Found the service was slower this morning than in the evening though and staff a bit forgetful. I had to re order eggs as mine arrived slimey and I asked for well done, also I'd ordered ketchup which never arrived.. minor issue really and overall staff were great, very friendly and I would have no problems recommending this Hotel and it's lovely location.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoy a fantastic stay at Christchurch Harbour Hotel & Spa in Dorset. Wake up to incredible views over to the harbour, enjoy a bracing walk across to Hengistbury Head, or hide away at the luxurious Harbour Spa! Make the most of this unique location whatever the season - a change of scenery, warm and attentive hospitality, delicious food, which reflects the very best local produce, and a chance to breathe in the fresh sea air. The Upper Deck Restaurant serves delicious, locally-sourced dishes and is open for lunch, afternoon tea, dinner and drinks. Or you can also choose to dine in the award-winning Jetty Restaurant situated within the hotel's grounds. Stay in one of the luxury 64 bedrooms, some with four-poster beds and private garden terraces overlooking Mudeford Quay. All of the bedrooms feature flat screen televisions, tea and coffee making facilities and White Company toiletries. The Harbour Spa is a haven of relaxation. Enjoy a relaxing spa treatment - from manicures and pedicures to facials and specialised massages. Relax in the indoor swimming pool, hydrotherapy pool, sauna, salt grotto and crystal steam room. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Priceline, Odigeo, Traveltool, S.L.U., Hotel.de, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Christchurch Harbour Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Christchurch Harbour Hotel And Spa
- The Christchurch Harbour Hotel Christchurch
- Christchurch Harbour Hotel & Spa Dorset