We came home yesterday from a four night stay at the Christchurch Harbour Hotel. We had the most amazing time. The hotel is beautifully decorated and furnished and is very luxurious but has a relaxed and comfortable atmosphere. As a family with children aged 13 and 5 we wondered how we would fit in but we needn't have worried, there was something for all of us.
The staff were extremely friendly and helpful, we would particularly like to mention one of the waiting/bar staff who greeted us in such a friendly way each evening and even knew which drinks we were going to order before we had to ask! Unfortunately we didn't get his name but he had a Liverpudlian accent so I'm sure he'll know who he is!!
The pool and spa are wonderful. The children were allowed to use the pool at certain times each day which we thought was a good idea as we didnt have to worry too much about disturbing other people.
We didn't eat at the hotel in the evenings but the breakfasts were delicious. There were lots of cereals, yoghurts, crossaints etc to choose from and a wonderful cooked breakfast could be ordered.
Our room was lovely with every possible comfort. Very tastefully decorated, comfortable beds and spaciuos bathrooms.
The location of the hotel is perfect, looking out across the harbour and only a short walk to Mudeford quay. We enjoyed catching the ferry to Mudeford sanspit and walking over Hengistbury head.
All in all we thought this hotel was as close to perfect as you could get and the children are already asking when can we go again?!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoy a fantastic stay at Christchurch Harbour Hotel & Spa in Dorset. Wake up to incredible views over to the harbour, enjoy a bracing walk across to Hengistbury Head, or hide away at the luxurious Harbour Spa! Make the most of this unique location whatever the season - a change of scenery, warm and attentive hospitality, delicious food, which reflects the very best local produce, and a chance to breathe in the fresh sea air. The Upper Deck Restaurant serves delicious, locally-sourced dishes and is open for lunch, afternoon tea, dinner and drinks. Or you can also choose to dine in the award-winning Jetty Restaurant situated within the hotel's grounds. Stay in one of the luxury 64 bedrooms, some with four-poster beds and private garden terraces overlooking Mudeford Quay. All of the bedrooms feature flat screen televisions, tea and coffee making facilities and White Company toiletries. The Harbour Spa is a haven of relaxation. Enjoy a relaxing spa treatment - from manicures and pedicures to facials and specialised massages. Relax in the indoor swimming pool, hydrotherapy pool, sauna, salt grotto and crystal steam room. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, LateRooms, Odigeo, Agoda, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Christchurch Harbour Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Christchurch Harbour Hotel And Spa
- The Christchurch Harbour Hotel Christchurch
- Christchurch Harbour Hotel & Spa Dorset