Special visit to celebrate a schoolfriend's 60th birthday, to which my daughter (24) came too to one of the Spa packages http://www.christchurch-harbour-hotel.co.uk/spa/spa-day. The visit includes a treatment, use of the spa facilities and then a choice of meals in the restaurant. Because of the layout, you need to be properly dressed to go to the restaurant, so we chose to arrive early pm, had our treatment - we all had back massages at the same time - really excellent massages too and a good half hour of luxury pampering. We then used the spa facilities, sat outside in the sun for a while reading, and generally had a lazy time. We had opted for an evening meal and when we were ready went up to the dining room and sat on the terrace with the most wonderful view across the harbour until it was time for dinner. The dinner was the set three course menu, but we invited to apply the amount against the al a carte, which we did - and the food was delicious and excellently served. If we had stayed with the set menu, that too looked great - we just didn't feel we wanted three courses.
All in all an excellent spa visit....
The only grumble was that the ladies changing room is very small and although they have maximised space as well as they can, it is stil squashed with more than half a dozen in there....
My comments are just about the spa and dining room. We didn't stay at the hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoy a fantastic stay at Christchurch Harbour Hotel & Spa in Dorset. Wake up to incredible views over to the harbour, enjoy a bracing walk across to Hengistbury Head, or hide away at the luxurious Harbour Spa! Make the most of this unique location whatever the season - a change of scenery, warm and attentive hospitality, delicious food, which reflects the very best local produce, and a chance to breathe in the fresh sea air. The Upper Deck Restaurant serves delicious, locally-sourced dishes and is open for lunch, afternoon tea, dinner and drinks. Or you can also choose to dine in the award-winning Jetty Restaurant situated within the hotel's grounds. Stay in one of the luxury 64 bedrooms, some with four-poster beds and private garden terraces overlooking Mudeford Quay. All of the bedrooms feature flat screen televisions, tea and coffee making facilities and White Company toiletries. The Harbour Spa is a haven of relaxation. Enjoy a relaxing spa treatment - from manicures and pedicures to facials and specialised massages. Relax in the indoor swimming pool, hydrotherapy pool, sauna, salt grotto and crystal steam room. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Lastminute, Hotel.de, Odigeo, Priceline and Agoda so you can book your Christchurch Harbour Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Christchurch Harbour Hotel And Spa
- The Christchurch Harbour Hotel Christchurch
- Christchurch Harbour Hotel & Spa Dorset