We stayed here for one night in April of this year. We found an offer for a discounted room with £60 towards dinner and free breakfast. We thought it was good deal and weren’t disappointed.
I will try to keep it brief.
Rooms are very clean and extremely comfy. All mod cons and bathroom was immaculate.
The dinning and breakfast area overlook the Christchurch bay, so try and get a window seat or if it’s warm enough sit outside. Breakfast is cooked to order so it’s always fresh and hot, or you can have the contentinal which you help yourself too.
Dinner was very nice and service excellent. It would have been quite expensive but we had the money off deal so it was good value in the end. There is also a seperate restaurant in the grounds called The Jetty which is owned by celebrity chef Alex Aitken. www.thejetty.co.uk/
The hotel has a lovely swimming pool and spa area which we thought was lovely. Steam room, Sauna Jacuzzi and more. All very nice and up to date and clean.
Didn’t find much to-do in the area, but if you like walks there is a footpath that walks along the sea front. There you will find various fish stalls, cafes and the mudford ferry that serves fish & chips on board. www.mudefordferry.co.uk/
Now for the one problem that I think this hotel has. We stayed here in April and the temperature outside wasn’t warm buy any means in the 50's. When we went to bed, the room seemed quite warm but by the middle of the night we had to put the fan on to get a bit cooler. Now if you are here mid-summer the rooms must be unbearable. I dont understand why a luxury hotel such as this does not have air conditioners.
We will stay here again, just not when its hot.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoy a fantastic stay at Christchurch Harbour Hotel & Spa in Dorset. Wake up to incredible views over to the harbour, enjoy a bracing walk across to Hengistbury Head, or hide away at the luxurious Harbour Spa! Make the most of this unique location whatever the season - a change of scenery, warm and attentive hospitality, delicious food, which reflects the very best local produce, and a chance to breathe in the fresh sea air. The Upper Deck Restaurant serves delicious, locally-sourced dishes and is open for lunch, afternoon tea, dinner and drinks. Or you can also choose to dine in the award-winning Jetty Restaurant situated within the hotel's grounds. Stay in one of the luxury 64 bedrooms, some with four-poster beds and private garden terraces overlooking Mudeford Quay. All of the bedrooms feature flat screen televisions, tea and coffee making facilities and White Company toiletries. The Harbour Spa is a haven of relaxation. Enjoy a relaxing spa treatment - from manicures and pedicures to facials and specialised massages. Relax in the indoor swimming pool, hydrotherapy pool, sauna, salt grotto and crystal steam room. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo, Priceline, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Christchurch Harbour Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Christchurch Harbour Hotel And Spa
- The Christchurch Harbour Hotel Christchurch
- Christchurch Harbour Hotel & Spa Dorset