We booked to go to the Christchurch Hotel for two nights for my husband's 40th birthday in March 2012 after having a rough few months thinking it would be a real treat. The room was lovely and we thought that was a good start. However, dinner on the first night was absolutely attrocious - we sat down at 7.30 and only received our cold main course at 9 o'clock!!!! The waiting staff didn't look after us and everyone including there including the customer service staff were completely disinterested when we told them we weren't happy. The meal was paid for as part of a package so we had to pay regardless. We told them again how unhappy we were that we had paid £60 for that meal and again - disinterested. I wrote to them when we got home - surprise, surprise - no response from them. We very rarely go out and spend £60 on a meal as we can't afford it so when we do we expect at the very least a warm meal.
Avoid going here as part of a package as this is what you can expect.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoy a fantastic stay at Christchurch Harbour Hotel & Spa in Dorset. Wake up to incredible views over to the harbour, enjoy a bracing walk across to Hengistbury Head, or hide away at the luxurious Harbour Spa! Make the most of this unique location whatever the season - a change of scenery, warm and attentive hospitality, delicious food, which reflects the very best local produce, and a chance to breathe in the fresh sea air. The Upper Deck Restaurant serves delicious, locally-sourced dishes and is open for lunch, afternoon tea, dinner and drinks. Or you can also choose to dine in the award-winning Jetty Restaurant situated within the hotel's grounds. Stay in one of the luxury 64 bedrooms, some with four-poster beds and private garden terraces overlooking Mudeford Quay. All of the bedrooms feature flat screen televisions, tea and coffee making facilities and White Company toiletries. The Harbour Spa is a haven of relaxation. Enjoy a relaxing spa treatment - from manicures and pedicures to facials and specialised massages. Relax in the indoor swimming pool, hydrotherapy pool, sauna, salt grotto and crystal steam room. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Hotel.de, Traveltool, S.L.U., Lastminute, Priceline, Odigeo, Agoda, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Christchurch Harbour Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Christchurch Harbour Hotel And Spa
- The Christchurch Harbour Hotel Christchurch
- Christchurch Harbour Hotel & Spa Dorset