Having stayed at the Harbour spa in Cornwall twice this year and had fantastic service I recommended this hotel to my group of friends and arranged a spa break. How embarassed I am now. The break started well, the spa staff and treatments were amazing and the reception staff on arrival were great. However our evening meal experience was terrible. Upon arrival for our 8pm dinner reservation we mentioned two of our party were on their way but were given two menus. 5 minutes later the waitress asked for our order at which point we asked for more menus as our friends had just arrived. This clearly was something we should not of done! When taken through to the restaurant the waitress(Justine) raised her eyebrows to other staff and proceeded all evening to ignore us, literally throw food onto the table, not replace the water(despite the fact we asked twice and ordered 2 bottles of wine), or even utter a thank you. The final straw was seeing her ignore a very disabled man who was struggling to put on his coat and also treat him terribly shouting the desert choice to him from two tables away and questioning his ability to pay. We helped him but the whole experience was shocking and un-nerving.The worse service I have ever had and I would not be inclined to go back. Disappointingly too when we complained on checkout we were just given the email of the general mgr. A very unenjoyable experience for a very expensive break.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoy a fantastic stay at Christchurch Harbour Hotel & Spa in Dorset. Wake up to incredible views over to the harbour, enjoy a bracing walk across to Hengistbury Head, or hide away at the luxurious Harbour Spa! Make the most of this unique location whatever the season - a change of scenery, warm and attentive hospitality, delicious food, which reflects the very best local produce, and a chance to breathe in the fresh sea air. The Upper Deck Restaurant serves delicious, locally-sourced dishes and is open for lunch, afternoon tea, dinner and drinks. Or you can also choose to dine in the award-winning Jetty Restaurant situated within the hotel's grounds. Stay in one of the luxury 64 bedrooms, some with four-poster beds and private garden terraces overlooking Mudeford Quay. All of the bedrooms feature flat screen televisions, tea and coffee making facilities and White Company toiletries. The Harbour Spa is a haven of relaxation. Enjoy a relaxing spa treatment - from manicures and pedicures to facials and specialised massages. Relax in the indoor swimming pool, hydrotherapy pool, sauna, salt grotto and crystal steam room. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Lastminute, Odigeo, Agoda, Priceline, Traveltool, S.L.U., Hotel.de, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Christchurch Harbour Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Christchurch Harbour Hotel And Spa
- The Christchurch Harbour Hotel Christchurch
- Christchurch Harbour Hotel & Spa Dorset