Nice hotel especially if you can get a package. Genuinely right on the sea. Parking difficult but they run an excellent valet service. Just leave the car by reception.
Afternoon tea on the Terrace is a must. Staff (collection of English, European and East European) were all friendly and efficient. Probably the best I have come across for years. Wonderful. Could not fault them. All good. Flawless. Exceptional these days. I hope they are there next year but suspect they will have moved on.
Didn’t try the restaurant on the sea which is famous but expensive and a little fussy (just had desert and Champagne [expensive] there). The normal restaurant was a disappointment. Food adequate but not up to hotel grade or fair restaurant quality. Service made you forgive the food. Breakfast and teas excellent though.
The hotel goes to sleep early… I needed an additional pillow for my partner around midnight and I had the wake up a porter to get it.
The swans flock to the hotel waters in their hundreds at dusk or high tide (not sure which) and this was a breathtaking sight. Earlier at one point filming for a new TV series was undertaken but did not interfere with residents.
A wonderful break. If you want to swim in the sea you have to drive about 5 minutes to the open sea and beach. No outdoor swimming pool as shown in Google Earth. This was knocked down to make way for the new restaurant and a block of flats. Pity. Gym ok nothing special and is dark. Indoor swimming pool smallish. But gym was nice. Lots of treatments available.
Yes I would go there again for a night or two.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoy a fantastic stay at Christchurch Harbour Hotel & Spa in Dorset. Wake up to incredible views over to the harbour, enjoy a bracing walk across to Hengistbury Head, or hide away at the luxurious Harbour Spa! Make the most of this unique location whatever the season - a change of scenery, warm and attentive hospitality, delicious food, which reflects the very best local produce, and a chance to breathe in the fresh sea air. The Upper Deck Restaurant serves delicious, locally-sourced dishes and is open for lunch, afternoon tea, dinner and drinks. Or you can also choose to dine in the award-winning Jetty Restaurant situated within the hotel's grounds. Stay in one of the luxury 64 bedrooms, some with four-poster beds and private garden terraces overlooking Mudeford Quay. All of the bedrooms feature flat screen televisions, tea and coffee making facilities and White Company toiletries. The Harbour Spa is a haven of relaxation. Enjoy a relaxing spa treatment - from manicures and pedicures to facials and specialised massages. Relax in the indoor swimming pool, hydrotherapy pool, sauna, salt grotto and crystal steam room. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Odigeo, LateRooms, Hotels.com, Evoline ltd, Ebookers, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your Christchurch Harbour Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Christchurch Harbour Hotel And Spa
- The Christchurch Harbour Hotel Christchurch
- Christchurch Harbour Hotel & Spa Dorset