We booked a three day Christmas package break at this hotel
The hotel is lovely, the room and view excellent and without exception all the staff are friendly and accommodating but my visit was spoilt for the following reasons.
Christmas lunch I feel should have been the highlight of my stay, but the meal was certainly not up to the standard expected from a hotel of this standing and reputation. Lunch was served from 12 noon until late afternoon. Hotel guests and outside patrons were allocated a lunch time - ours was 2.15pm. I feel that the hotel was trying to provide too many covers on the day and by staggering the meals, they were not really fresh. I could hardly get a knife through the overcooked roast potatoes and was unable to put a fork through the sprouts. The turkey, whilst just edible I suspect had been carved far too early and reheated with gravy. Had I been a non-resident coming in for the meal I would have been very unhappy at the price charged. To top it all intially we were allocated a table about two feet from a waiter serving station. We requested a move.
My second complaint concerns the Boxing night meal. Having been told on the information sheet handed to us on our arrival that there would be a choice between a la carte or the four course tasting menu I was not happy to find that a la carte was not available that evening especially as the four course menu was not to my liking. Talking to other diners it was obvious that I was not the only one who felt this way. Also coffee was charged for at every meal a charge I was unaware of until I settled my bill on the day of departure.
On my return home I wrote to the Hotel manager, but as yet have not had a reply
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoy a fantastic stay at Christchurch Harbour Hotel & Spa in Dorset. Wake up to incredible views over to the harbour, enjoy a bracing walk across to Hengistbury Head, or hide away at the luxurious Harbour Spa! Make the most of this unique location whatever the season - a change of scenery, warm and attentive hospitality, delicious food, which reflects the very best local produce, and a chance to breathe in the fresh sea air. The Upper Deck Restaurant serves delicious, locally-sourced dishes and is open for lunch, afternoon tea, dinner and drinks. Or you can also choose to dine in the award-winning Jetty Restaurant situated within the hotel's grounds. Stay in one of the luxury 64 bedrooms, some with four-poster beds and private garden terraces overlooking Mudeford Quay. All of the bedrooms feature flat screen televisions, tea and coffee making facilities and White Company toiletries. The Harbour Spa is a haven of relaxation. Enjoy a relaxing spa treatment - from manicures and pedicures to facials and specialised massages. Relax in the indoor swimming pool, hydrotherapy pool, sauna, salt grotto and crystal steam room. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Odigeo, LateRooms, Agoda, Cancelon, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Evoline ltd so you can book your Christchurch Harbour Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Christchurch Harbour Hotel And Spa
- The Christchurch Harbour Hotel Christchurch
- Christchurch Harbour Hotel & Spa Dorset