Stayed here for a birthday treat - one night, dinner and a spa treatment the following day. Our room, with sea view, was lovely - if you ignored the fact that the cupboard behind the door wouldn't open fully because it crashed into the anti-slam device on the door, the bed was like a straw paliasse with no springs whatsoever, and the fancy electronic lighting arrangement was so complicated it took 10 minutes to work out how to just have one lamp on one side of the bed lit - so I could read whilst my husband slept! The soundproofing between the room we were in (3rd floor) and the floor above was very poor so we were acutely aware of someone with a bad cough in the room above us.
When we first arrived, the receptionst apparently didn't programme our electronic key cards, so my husband had to make another trip to Reception before we could get into our room. During dinner - which, by the way, was outstanding, we twice asked for something from the waiter/waitress which was forgotten and had to be requested a second time. This happened again in the morning at breakfast too - and I might add that I had a much fresher cooked breakfast at a Premier Inn the day before than I did here. I would however say that the staff were very polite at all times. We had lovely treatments at the spa, and used the pool and steam room etc., and found this all very good indeed. In short a rather mixed stay - which could have been so much better.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoy a fantastic stay at Christchurch Harbour Hotel & Spa in Dorset. Wake up to incredible views over to the harbour, enjoy a bracing walk across to Hengistbury Head, or hide away at the luxurious Harbour Spa! Make the most of this unique location whatever the season - a change of scenery, warm and attentive hospitality, delicious food, which reflects the very best local produce, and a chance to breathe in the fresh sea air. The Upper Deck Restaurant serves delicious, locally-sourced dishes and is open for lunch, afternoon tea, dinner and drinks. Or you can also choose to dine in the award-winning Jetty Restaurant situated within the hotel's grounds. Stay in one of the luxury 64 bedrooms, some with four-poster beds and private garden terraces overlooking Mudeford Quay. All of the bedrooms feature flat screen televisions, tea and coffee making facilities and White Company toiletries. The Harbour Spa is a haven of relaxation. Enjoy a relaxing spa treatment - from manicures and pedicures to facials and specialised massages. Relax in the indoor swimming pool, hydrotherapy pool, sauna, salt grotto and crystal steam room. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Expedia, Odigeo, LateRooms, Hotels.com, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, Ebookers and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Christchurch Harbour Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Christchurch Harbour Hotel And Spa
- The Christchurch Harbour Hotel Christchurch
- Christchurch Harbour Hotel & Spa Dorset