“Visited before and went back it was that good!”

Christchurch Harbour Hotel & Spa
Ranked #8 of 11 Hotels in Christchurch
Guildford, United Kingdom
“Visited before and went back it was that good!”
Reviewed 4 February 2014

So the title of the review says it all - visited a year or so ago for sunday lunch as my family was visiting me and when they suggested coming to see me again my mum said oh please can we go back! I booked a table and the food was lovely for such a good price - 21.50 for 3 courses! We remembered the experience as a lovely one and this time it was even better!! Im sure we will be returning many more times.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
Neil_L_CHH, Manager at Christchurch Harbour Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 11 February 2014
Thank you for your five star review whilst dining in our Upper Deck Restaurant and Bar.

I was so pleased that you visited us again and enjoyed even more.

We very much look forward to welcoming you back on many more occasions

Kindest Regards

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (517)
Andover, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 February 2014

We booked a one night stay and dinner break to celebrate our wedding anniversary in January as we do every year. Normally you get a very cheap deal in quite a nice hotel but the place is desserted with only skeleton staff on hand, but this year the Christchurch HH proved to be a much busier exciting place to be.

We had a fabulous tasting menu meal at a very reasonable £45pp. The food was very good and clearly freshly prepared to order with high quality ingredients. There was quite a major problem with our main and this was instantly replaced. Good service, excellent staff knowledge and an exciting menu. Atmosphere was very jolly and all tables were full.

The hotel is clean, wheelchair accessible (except for spa) and our modern room was spacious with a COMFORTABLE bed. I wish I had taken my pillow.

On check out our bill was more than I expected and I was disappointed to learn service was automatically added to all drinks whether it be afternoon tea sat in the bar or in the restaurant. The service was fine but 2 pots of earl grey tea and a GnT sat a bar should not be £20 no matter how much free pop corn is put in front of you!

Lovely location made idyllic by a Sunny morning having a great cooked breakfast looking out over Christchurch Harbour.

Room Tip: Modern rooms adjacent to the spa have a car park view, but when booking this is made quite clear.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Neil_L_CHH, Manager at Christchurch Harbour Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 4 February 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write an excellent review about your January break with us.

We were so pleased that you enjoyed the food, service and rooms.

It was great to hear that the sun also made an appearance whilst staying with us

We hope to welcome back again very soon

Plymouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 February 2014

We chose to marry and have our wedding reception at the Christchurch Harbour Hotel having stayed there previously on a couple of occasions. The Events Team were incredibly helpful and organised, which we very much appreciated as we did not live locally, and their support made our lives much easier. The service on the day from the Banqueting Team was exceptional. The day ran incredibly smoothly, meaning we were able to enjoy our day. The food was excellent and many of our guest commented on the high standard. We found the package provided exceptional value for money. Overall we could not rate the service for our wedding highly enough. Thank you to everyone at CCH.

Claire & Graham

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank C A
Thank you for writing a 5 star review about your wedding that was held with us in November.

The whole team thouroughly enjoyed making your day special and wish you both every happiness for the future.

We very much look forward to seeing you, friends and family again

Dorset, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 February 2014

Booked a treatment in the Spa as a January pick me up and it was amazing from start to finish. The treatment room was very clean and tidy and the therapist was very professional throughout my treatment explaining everything she did and the products used smelt lovely! The whole experience left me feeling very relaxed. I will definitely be going back.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank 545D13
Thank you for your 5 star review about your recent Spa Treatment.

It was great to hear that you left feeling relaxed and the therapist was very professional

We very much look forward to welcoming back to the Spa again very soon

KIndest Regards
Bournemouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 February 2014 via mobile

We had a 1st class weekend at The Christchurch Harbour Hotel. We stayed for my wife's birthday. We had the best Harbour view room, room 523. Fantastic views. Our meal in The Library was well planned by AJ and his team. Our evening went without fault. The staff were very attentive and all our wishes were catered for. Excellent all round.
Even though we are local we will be using the hotel again for meals or weekend breaks.
This hotel is definitely one for a special weekend break.

Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
Neil_L_CHH, Manager at Christchurch Harbour Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 2 February 2014
Thank you for your 5 star review about your birthday weekend

We were all so pleased that your wife had such an enjoyable weekend and all the planning meant a successful occasion.

We very much look forward to seeing you very soon

St Albans
Reviewed 1 February 2014

Stayed here for a birthday treat - one night, dinner and a spa treatment the following day. Our room, with sea view, was lovely - if you ignored the fact that the cupboard behind the door wouldn't open fully because it crashed into the anti-slam device on the door, the bed was like a straw paliasse with no springs whatsoever, and the fancy electronic lighting arrangement was so complicated it took 10 minutes to work out how to just have one lamp on one side of the bed lit - so I could read whilst my husband slept! The soundproofing between the room we were in (3rd floor) and the floor above was very poor so we were acutely aware of someone with a bad cough in the room above us.
When we first arrived, the receptionst apparently didn't programme our electronic key cards, so my husband had to make another trip to Reception before we could get into our room. During dinner - which, by the way, was outstanding, we twice asked for something from the waiter/waitress which was forgotten and had to be requested a second time. This happened again in the morning at breakfast too - and I might add that I had a much fresher cooked breakfast at a Premier Inn the day before than I did here. I would however say that the staff were very polite at all times. We had lovely treatments at the spa, and used the pool and steam room etc., and found this all very good indeed. In short a rather mixed stay - which could have been so much better.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay with us.

I am sorry that you found the new lighting system complicated, we have had it checked over
and found that it is all working correctly.

It was nice to hear that you found our our staff polite and that you enjoyed your Spa treatments
and the facilities.

We do hope to see you again soon

New Milton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 February 2014

We booked a three day Christmas package break at this hotel
The hotel is lovely, the room and view excellent and without exception all the staff are friendly and accommodating but my visit was spoilt for the following reasons.
Christmas lunch I feel should have been the highlight of my stay, but the meal was certainly not up to the standard expected from a hotel of this standing and reputation. Lunch was served from 12 noon until late afternoon. Hotel guests and outside patrons were allocated a lunch time - ours was 2.15pm. I feel that the hotel was trying to provide too many covers on the day and by staggering the meals, they were not really fresh. I could hardly get a knife through the overcooked roast potatoes and was unable to put a fork through the sprouts. The turkey, whilst just edible I suspect had been carved far too early and reheated with gravy. Had I been a non-resident coming in for the meal I would have been very unhappy at the price charged. To top it all intially we were allocated a table about two feet from a waiter serving station. We requested a move.
My second complaint concerns the Boxing night meal. Having been told on the information sheet handed to us on our arrival that there would be a choice between a la carte or the four course tasting menu I was not happy to find that a la carte was not available that evening especially as the four course menu was not to my liking. Talking to other diners it was obvious that I was not the only one who felt this way. Also coffee was charged for at every meal a charge I was unaware of until I settled my bill on the day of departure.
On my return home I wrote to the Hotel manager, but as yet have not had a reply

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Thank you for writing a review about your Christmas stay with us.

I was so pleased that you enjoyed your room and view and that the staff were friendly and accommodating.

I was sorry to hear of the dissapointment with the dining whilst staying. I know you have been in contact with our Food and Beverage Director, and he looks forward to spekaing with you.

Kindest regards
Also consider these accommodations in or near Christchurch
Captain's Club Hotel
#9 of 11 in Christchurch
Ocean Beach Hotel and Spa
Ocean Beach Hotel and Spa
#18 of 66 in Bournemouth

Been to Christchurch Harbour Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!