“Great Views, Great Food, Lovely Room on 5th floor”

Christchurch Harbour Hotel & Spa
Ranked #9 of 11 Hotels in Christchurch
Reviewed 3 March 2014

We stayed over two nights on the last weekend of February half term - we left our small ones at home. We chose this hotel for location and especially wanted a home from home room for the weekend. Room 525 didn't disappoint in any way. We were surprised with a lovely note from the management and lovely box of choccies for our anniversary which we enjoyed with our nespressos (such a good touch in the room)
Spacious room, lovely decor, comfy bed (we changed the pillows from feather to another variety) We ate in the Upper Deck restaurant and found the staff to be very polite, courteous. Lovely Chateaubriand for our Anniversary dinner sitting in the window looking at the wild and windy weather.
Breakfasts were equally good and lovely atmosphere in the Upper Deck restaurant again looking out on the Spit at Mudeford.
Thank you for a lovely stay. We will be back and look forward to seeing the new reception renovations:)

Room Tip: Seaviews are well worth it:)
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (1,922)

Reviewed 2 March 2014

My husband treated me to a spa day and treatment and I must say the time just flew by. I thoroughly enjoyed my spa experience and the 40 minutes back massage was one of the best I've had. It was an amazing feeling when a foil sheet was put on my back and it heated up for a while. Meanwhile, my legs was massaged and I felt so relaxed. I also managed to use the gym and worked out on the cross trainer.

The negative feedback was that complementary fruit was stated on my spa day package/letter but when I asked at reception, they said it had all gone. I was disappointed to hear that as I was there at 12.00 felt peckish by 2.30pm but luckily I knew that I had afternoon tea at 4pm. Also, there were no lockers for me to use and the only ones left were very high up that you need to stand on the bench to reach it. Luckily, a lady gave me her locker because she had nearly finished and didn't want me to stand on the bench for health and safety reasons. If it was n't for the kind lady, I would have reported this at reception.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 2 March 2014

my wife and i stayed for 2 nights friday and saturday on the winter deal of £30 off each all carte menu on the first night. the room was nice and comfortable , but didnt much like the pillows but thats a minor detail. the staff throughout the hotel were wonderful and helpful, the food was superb in both restarants and we will be back

Room Tip: we had a room overlooking the back entance of the Jetty and it was very quiet.
Reviewed 24 February 2014 via mobile

Lovely spacious & clean room, very windy so didn't make use of our patio. All staff helpful, friendly & efficient. Dinner at the Upper Deck exceeded our expectations, lovely food! Breakfasts were good too. Spa was welcome on a rainy afternoon but was rather noisy on one occasion when a wedding party came en mass! Would certainly stay again.

• Stayed: February 2014
Neil_L_CHH, Manager at Christchurch Harbour Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 28 February 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write a five star review about your recent stay with us.

It was so nice to read that you enjoyed your dinner, spacious and clean room and that you found all of our staff friendly and efficient.

We very much look forward to welcoming you back again very soon

Kindest regards

Reviewed 23 February 2014 via mobile

I bought a late spa break for my boyfriends birthday in January. We arrived and were very impressed by our welcome and our room. We dined in the jetty restaurant that evening which is now my favourite restaurant in town!! Amazing service and food. The next day we had a lovely breakfast at the hotel over looking the jetty and harbour again great service. Then we went to use the spa however the spa had only re opened that day and was freezing. My boyfriend went and spoke to reception to advise of the spa being cold. Then when we were leaving reception had acknowledge our disappointment and offered us a free visit more then what we weds expecting and we re booked for my birthday valentines weekend. We stayed last weekend and again our room, service, breakfast and general stay was fabulous!! we have travelled the world stayed in many hotels and for me I love the hotel and feel and will defo be visiting again!! Thankyou

Stayed: February 2014
Neil_L_CHH, Manager at Christchurch Harbour Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 24 February 2014

It was great to read that you enjoyed your time with us and all the staff were amazing and offered you great service.

We very much look forward to welcomin you back very soon

Kindest regards

Reviewed 23 February 2014

We have just returned from a weekend stay at this lovely hotel. A great setting on the edge of Christchurch Harbour with lovely views out to sea. The rooms were large and comfortable with 5 foot beds with lovely soft bedding. Good size bathroom with shower and bath. Spotlessly clean. The food, both at breakfast, lunch and in the evening was superb and we really could not fault the service from the staff. Really nice menu. We did not use the Spa but it looked lovely. The outside areas will be great in the summer months. Would definitely recommend for a short break. Will visit again when we have the opportunity. Very close to Bournemouth and New Forest as well.

Room Tip: If you really want to spoil yourselves pay the extra and have one of the Harbour View Rooms. Ask for...
1  Thank barbara186273

Thank you for taking the time to write such a positive review about your recent stay with us.

It was great that we could make your birthday treat a weekend to remember. I was so pleased to read that the service was faultless and you enjoyed all the meals, the rooms and our views.

We very much look forward to welcoming you back again in the near future

Kindest Regards

Reviewed 23 February 2014

Just returned from another short break at The Christchurch Harbour.
As always Matthew and his colleagues on reception were exceptionally welcoming as were all the staff throughout our visit.
Our evening meal on the first night was good and the service excellent although we notice service charge is now added to the cost of the meal.
I realise this is still discretionary but would rather add it myself.
We were unable to book a table for the Saturday - the only time available being 6.30 p.m. However we were able to book into The Jetty where we enjoyed a fantastic meal.
My only gripe - not for the first time - was about car parking. Matthew was doing his utmost to help but due to the inconsiderate parking by other guests I had real problems reversing out of my space.In some ways not the fault of the hotel but there are one or two areas where parking should not be allowed.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank stuartashby

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay with us.

It was great to read that Matthew and our reception were welcoming on your arrival and all staff throughout your stay.

I was pleased that you enjoyed your evening meal, as stated we do add a discretionary service charge to our food and beverage, but it is discretionary.

I do hope that we will see you again very soon

Kindest Regards

Also consider these accommodations in or near Christchurch
The Kings Arms
#8 of 11 in Christchurch
Fisherman's Haunt Hotel
Fisherman's Haunt Hotel
#7 of 11 in Christchurch

Been to Christchurch Harbour Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!