Just back from an amazing 24 hours escape. I booked (very last minute) one night (Saturday) in an inland room to celebrate our anniversary and our first night away alone together since our daughter was born 3 and a half years ago. We managed to get a parking space despite there being a wedding going on.
We were thrilled to find they had upgraded us to a harbour glimpse room (without us even asking!) and our room was amazing. More than a 'glimpse' of the harbour - a balcony overlooking the gardens and harbour (room 217).
The bed was perfect, not too hard or soft. And the pillows were heavenly. We made full use of the spa facilities before dinner and also before breakfast the following morning.
The restaurant was busy and we didn't pre-book so the only table they could offer us was at 9.45pm, so we wandered the 2 minutes down the road to The Nelson for an amazing Thai meal. Thoroughly recommended and by all accounts our wallets were happier by this turn of events too!
We had a wonderful peaceful and comfortable nights sleep, without any disturbance from the wedding party whatsoever.
The breakfast was really lovely. It seems everyone had come down to breakfast at the same time so there was quite a wait for the full English, but worth the wait. Cooked to perfection and piping hot.
On the whole, an amazing stay with super friendly staff. No negative points to mention at all apart for I wish we could have stayed for longer!! We WILL be back. Thank you!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoy a fantastic stay at Christchurch Harbour Hotel & Spa in Dorset. Wake up to incredible views over to the harbour, enjoy a bracing walk across to Hengistbury Head, or hide away at the luxurious Harbour Spa! Make the most of this unique location whatever the season - a change of scenery, warm and attentive hospitality, delicious food, which reflects the very best local produce, and a chance to breathe in the fresh sea air. The Upper Deck Restaurant serves delicious, locally-sourced dishes and is open for lunch, afternoon tea, dinner and drinks. Or you can also choose to dine in the award-winning Jetty Restaurant situated within the hotel's grounds. Stay in one of the luxury 64 bedrooms, some with four-poster beds and private garden terraces overlooking Mudeford Quay. All of the bedrooms feature flat screen televisions, tea and coffee making facilities and White Company toiletries. The Harbour Spa is a haven of relaxation. Enjoy a relaxing spa treatment - from manicures and pedicures to facials and specialised massages. Relax in the indoor swimming pool, hydrotherapy pool, sauna, salt grotto and crystal steam room. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Booking.com, Stayforlong S.L., TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Christchurch Harbour Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Christchurch Harbour Hotel Christchurch
- The Christchurch Harbour Hotel And Spa
- Christchurch Harbour Hotel & Spa Dorset