We have stayed at this lovely hotel on several occasions and it never disappoints. Reception check-in was very efficient, several guest arrived at the same time and the receptionist quickly requested help and another desk was opened. We were also met with a welcome back note on our check-in details. We had booked a basic room (most of these over-look the car-park), but we were given Room 110, which has a terrace and looks out towards The Jetty. It was great to be able to have the doors open during the warm weather. It was lovely and quiet and the room was a good size and well appointed, (although it's about ready for a lick of paint as there are a few marks on the walls). However it was very clean. The bathroom has plenty of ledges to store toiletries, which is a bonus and also a deep bath. The room itself had loads of storage. We did find the bed a little too firm, but this is only a personal preference.
We had dinner both nights in The Upper Deck and the food was lovely. Special thanks to Justina, who recognised us and welcomed us back on our first night and made sure we were very well looked after. All staff were very polite, friendly and helpful. Our only negative observation was that the staff seemed a bit under pressure and not as organised as we have seen them on previous visits, although this did not impact on ourselves.
Breakfast times have been extended and this seems to have helped. We had two excellent breakfasts and again the service was very good. There was plenty of choice even if you came down towards the end of service and staff were very attentive.
The Spa as always was excellent and very quiet and relaxing.We booked 2 ESPA Back Massages and these were excellent, thank you Emily. Also we enquired about a water container in the spa and the kind lady on Spa Reception not only found out where it had been bought from, but then also went online to check if it was still available! Excellent service.
Overall, a very good stay and we'll be returning.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoy a fantastic stay at Christchurch Harbour Hotel & Spa in Dorset. Wake up to incredible views over to the harbour, enjoy a bracing walk across to Hengistbury Head, or hide away at the luxurious Harbour Spa! Make the most of this unique location whatever the season - a change of scenery, warm and attentive hospitality, delicious food, which reflects the very best local produce, and a chance to breathe in the fresh sea air. The Upper Deck Restaurant serves delicious, locally-sourced dishes and is open for lunch, afternoon tea, dinner and drinks. Or you can also choose to dine in the award-winning Jetty Restaurant situated within the hotel's grounds. Stay in one of the luxury 64 bedrooms, some with four-poster beds and private garden terraces overlooking Mudeford Quay. All of the bedrooms feature flat screen televisions, tea and coffee making facilities and White Company toiletries. The Harbour Spa is a haven of relaxation. Enjoy a relaxing spa treatment - from manicures and pedicures to facials and specialised massages. Relax in the indoor swimming pool, hydrotherapy pool, sauna, salt grotto and crystal steam room. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Agoda, Lastminute, Odigeo, Hotel.de, Priceline, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Christchurch Harbour Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Christchurch Harbour Hotel And Spa
- The Christchurch Harbour Hotel Christchurch
- Christchurch Harbour Hotel & Spa Dorset